Valentina Shevchenko Vs Germaine de Randamie

pcbh167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
This is a very interesting fight: they both match-up stylistically. I never thought of this match-up before, but they're both phenomenal strikers and Valentina needs to fight again before she gets a titleshot, in my opinion.

i have a crush on Valentina plus i hear them Peru chicks are freaks. a guy can dream right?

GDR doesn't deserve that fight, she needs to fight a top 10 girl first. Let's see GDR vs. McMann so we can see if she can handle a wrestler.

Val via having a ground game

Val via having a ground game

This.

Avoiding the term grapple-fuck because I do not want to derail the thread.

:)

GDR hits very hard, but Val is hard to hit, and her clinch game and takedowns will spell the end for GDR.

GDR doesn't deserve that fight, she needs to fight a top 10 girl first. Let's see GDR vs. McMann so we can see if she can handle a wrestler.
There is no such thing as "doesn't deserve to fight" unless it's for a title. Especially in the womens division.

Many people felt like Shev didn't deserve the Holm fight.

When you are in the UFC, it's either sink or swim.

There is no such thing as "doesn't deserve to fight" unless it's for a title. Especially in the womens division.

Many people felt like Shev didn't deserve the Holm fight.

When you are in the UFC, it's either sink or swim.
Holm was coming off a loss and so was Val so it made sense, GDR hasn't even beat a ranked fighter yet whereas Val just beat a former champion.

Im a fan of it,had kind of been hoping they would do the De randamie Cyborg fight though as if cyborg doesnt initiate a grappling based fight its super interesting

GDR does need a couple of fights to get a shot at her, assuming if Val keeps on winning. But stylistically, yes, this is a tremendous matchup between two very good strikers.

GDR does need a couple of fights to get a shot at her, assuming if Val keeps on winning. But stylistically, yes, this is a tremendous matchup between two very good strikers.

If it stayed standing, battle of speed vs. power.

i have a crush on Valentina plus i hear them Peru chicks are freaks. a guy can dream right?

She's not exactly a Peru chick. She just lives there.

This.

Avoiding the term grapple-fuck because I do not want to derail the thread.

:)

GDR hits very hard, but Val is hard to hit, and her clinch game and takedowns will spell the end for GDR.

Because Valentina is technically more polished and uses a wider variety of striking technique and has the more well rounded MMA game, I would pick her to win, but ... GDR has legit KO power and it skilled enough to catch Valentina, she is a 10x Muay Thai Champion .... but I definitely would favor Val.

More of this "deserve" business in the UFC.

Because Valentina is technically more polished and uses a wider variety of striking technique and has the more well rounded MMA game, I would pick her to win, but ... GDR has legit KO power and it skilled enough to catch Valentina, she is a 10x Muay Thai Champion .... but I definitely would favor Val.

So would I.

Val still needs to work on her damn BJJ though. Compared to the women she was fighting before she came over, many of the ladies in the UFC have a far superior level of BJJ, and Val is weakest off her back. Other than her disappointing fight with Nunes, her most obvious method of losing would be someone who could take her down and control her. Her style/footwork and clinch game all make that difficult, but really, I think should someone like McMann get their hands on her, it would be damn tough. Not as if Sara subs a lot of people, but I think her top control would be far too much - at this point - for Val to overcome.

More of this "deserve" business in the UFC.
Fight doesn't even make sense, just because 5% of people get more than they deserve that doesn't mean some nobody will when she doesn't have a single ranked win.

So would I.

Val still needs to work on her damn BJJ though. Compared to the women she was fighting before she came over, many of the ladies in the UFC have a far superior level of BJJ, and Val is weakest off her back. Other than her disappointing fight with Nunes, her most obvious method of losing would be someone who could take her down and control her. Her style/footwork and clinch game all make that difficult, but really, I think should someone like McMann get their hands on her, it would be damn tough. Not as if Sara subs a lot of people, but I think her top control would be far too much - at this point - for Val to overcome.

I neither completely agree or disagree about McMann ... in spite of her rasslin pedigree, her wrestling has not been all that great in recent fights, and she is also easily shook. One good crack to the face is enough to start throwing McMann off her game imo. I think that with the right wrestling coach, and Val's work ethic, I could see Val being able to stop McMann's rasslin.

Valentina's coaches impressed me with their ability to game plan and prepare for Holly, so I would expect them to be able to plan and prepare for McMann. But your point about of Valentina's ability to fight off her back is a valid one ..

Fight doesn't even make sense, just because 5% of people get more than they deserve that doesn't mean some nobody will when she doesn't have a single ranked win.
Those "5%" are the standard bearers.

Those "5%" are the standard bearers.
What? Just stop trying to be clever and get to the point, why would GDR get that fight when there's nothing to market for her and she's beaten a bunch of cans? Most people who get more than they deserve have something to market or have been promised something.

I neither completely agree or disagree about McMann ... in spite of her rasslin pedigree, her wrestling has not been all that great in recent fights, and she is also easily shook. One good crack to the face is enough to start throwing McMann off her game imo. I think that with the right wrestling coach, and Val's work ethic, I could see Val being able to stop McMann's rasslin.

Agree. Really I was struggling to find a woman with really good top control. I mean, Rousey, but she would get her clock cleaned on the way in.

Valentina's coaches impressed me with their ability to game plan and prepare for Holly, so I would expect them to be able to plan and prepare for McMann. But your point about of Valentina's ability to fight off her back is a valid one ..

Yeah, the game plan was great. So she is probably working very hard on that. Or at least I hope so.

Back