Valentina Shevchenko VS Amanada Nunes 3 might happen in 2022. (Quotes by Valentina & Dana White)

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Both of these articles are very recent.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/ufc...tina-shevchenko-vs-amanda-nunes-trilogy-fight

Dana White reveals he might make the Valentina Shevchenko vs. Amanda Nunes trilogy if they win their upcoming fights

Quote from Dana White -

"The more hungry people get, the more they want to see it, the more it makes me want to make it. So if she [Valentina] wins and Amanda beats Peña and they're both into it, I'm interested in talking about it. When somebody is as dominant as these two are, that's what you always say but there's always going to be a challenger."

https://www.tmz.com/2021/09/17/valentina-shevchenko-open-to-rematch-amanda-nunes-ufc-trilogy/

Valentina was asked about a 3rd fight with Nunes on TMZ, quote "I think if destiny puts this fight in front of us, most of us gonna do it. I'm kind of focused very much on my flyweight division and I just want to be better fight," Valentina says, adding, "and when [the third fight's] gonna happen, I'm here."

In another recent interview, Valentina was asked about Nunes (funny how these sport journalists always ask the same questions) and Valentina answered, quote - "The interesting and the best thing about this fight is that I don't have to think about it, I just know it's gonna happen someday, sometime."

https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/new...a-shevchenko-fighting-amanda-nunes-third-time

Its looking like another matchup between the WMMA GOATS is going to happen, hopefully, because Valentina and Amanda have clearly cleaned out the 125, 135, & 145 divisions, and fans want another scrap between these two legends.

And Valentina was asked about Nunes in the Post-Event Press Conference.

@8:08

Last edited:
Of course it has to happen. But there is no rush,really. That is always on the table.

Of course it has to happen. But there is no rush,really. That is always on the table.

There actually is a rush.

Valentina and Nunes are both 33 years old and at the tip end of their physical prime, if it happens two or three years from now an excuse can be made that one or both of them may be past their prime.

There actually is a rush.

Valentina and Nunes are both 33 years old and at the tip end of their physical prime, if it happens two or three years from now an excuse can be made that one or both of them may be past their prime.
I dont think it would take that long. But there is alot on the line for that one,so i say let the women enjoy beating the shit out of their own divisions as long as they can. If one of them should fall,the one who's still standing can challenge the new girl in town.

I dont think it would take that long. But there is alot on the line for that one,so i say let the women enjoy beating the shit out of their own divisions as long as they can. If one of them should fall,the one who's still standing can challenge the new girl in town.

As both women have shown they've cleaned out all challengers of all three divisions. There's no one in the UFC that has a chance against either.

The speedbump, or roadblock, to this fight being made is Nunes.

She didn't like taking the rematch against Valentina, and even faked a medical emergency the day of the original rematch being scheduled.

Then the fight eventually happens, and its about as razor close as any fight anyone has ever seen in MMA. Even MMA journalists were split 50/50.

Over 4 years later they've both been undefeated in all three divisions, and fans are still debating who's the better fighter.

As both women have shown they've cleaned out all challengers of all three divisions. There's no one in the UFC that has a chance against either.

She didn't like taking the rematch against Valentina, and even faked a medical emergency the day of the original rematch being scheduled.

Then the fight eventually happens, and its about as razor close as any fight anyone has ever seen in MMA. Even MMA journalists were split 50/50.

Over 4 years later they've both been undefeated in all three divisions, and fans are still debating who's the better fighter.
I def believe Val is the better fighter,and she won the 2nd fight. Nunes has the better names on her record,but that had more to do w timing than anything else. Alot of those names retired after Nunes beat the shits out of em,and Val never got a crack at em.

I def believe Val is the better fighter,and she won the 2nd fight. Nunes has the better names on her record,but that had more to do w timing than anything else. Alot of those names retired after Nunes beat the shits out of em,and Val never got a crack at em.

Yeah, Nunes has victories over Rousey and Cyborg. Finished them both in under a minute.

But Nunes also had that fight with GDR, which she won but it she clearly didn't have a good fight. In fact when comparing all of Valentina and Nunes's fights since their rematch the Nunes/GDR fight was the... least dominant.

Valentina completely dominated everyone she's faced at 125 and made it look easy. In fact I think there was one round her opponent got on top of her, but that's it.

If GdR can defend takedowns Nunes will have a problem.

Thats what makes GOAT!

Two dominant and defending champs challenging each other for the third time to define who is the best, regardless of the risk that one will lose, they just go for it!

This girls have bigger ballz than some actual and former champs who are afraid to fight in their natural weight class and who will even run away from the sport just to protect their record.

Yeah, Nunes has victories over Rousey and Cyborg. Finished them both in under a minute.

But Nunes also had that fight with GDR, which she won but it she clearly didn't have a good fight. In fact when comparing all of Valentina and Nunes's fights since their rematch the Nunes/GDR fight was the... least dominant.

Valentina completely dominated everyone she's faced at 125 and made it look easy. In fact I think there was one round her opponent got on top of her, but that's it.
Amanda was getting pieced up by GDR on the feet. Amanda was also getting the worst of it against Valentina in the second fight on the feet. If Valentina can stay off the ground (Amanda is the bigger, stronger fighter), Valentina will beat Nunes in the 3rd fight. I don't think Amanda wants the fight.

Amanda was getting pieced up by GDR on the feet. Amanda was also getting the worst of it against Valentina in the second fight on the feet. If Valentina can stay off the ground (Amanda is the bigger, stronger fighter), Valentina will beat Nunes in the 3rd fight. I don't think Amanda wants the fight.

Its all theoretical.

Their first fight was close, with Nunes winning the first two rounds but became tired in the third.

The rematch was a barn-burner all five rounds with Nunes clearly improving her endurance, that ended in a split-decision and even MMA journalists were split over who should have won.

Since then both have been undefeated in over 4 years against all challengers across 3 weightclasses.

The only way to settle all the speculation is to have them fight one last time.

Honestly, with the way sex/gender politics are going in the West, I wouldn't be surprised if we see intergender matches in the UFC in my lifetime

Nunes annihialeted Anderson..

Val's performance against a very sub par Murphy was lacklustre..

Have to with my girl Amanda on this one.. too much power, strength and Brazilian passion..

War Nunes

Honestly, with the way sex/gender politics are going in the West, I wouldn't be surprised if we see intergender matches in the UFC in my lifetime

That's a separate topic.

But first a state athletic comission would have to approve it, and some are already allowing transexuals to compete against women.

I'd say there's 0% chance of it happening while Dana White is still in charge.

Its all theoretical.

Their first fight was close, with Nunes winning the first two rounds but became tired in the third.

The rematch was a barn-burner all five rounds with Nunes clearly improving her endurance, that ended in a split-decision and even MMA journalists were split over who should have won.

Since then both have been undefeated in over 4 years against all challengers across 3 weightclasses.

The only way to settle all the speculation is to have them fight one last time.
It's the only fight that's interesting for both of them right now. They both are too good for their divisions.

Nunes annihialeted Anderson..

Val's performance against a very sub par Murphy was lacklustre..

Have to with my girl Amanda on this one.. too much power, strength and Brazilian passion..

War Nunes
Anderson's the very definition of sub par bud. There's a reason they didn't renew her contract in even a joke of a division. She's a can.

Unless they find a way to set up cyborg nunez 2 this is the fight to make in WMMA.

Strawweight is the only somewhat interesting division for the ladies and even it is very top heavy and falls off after the top 3-5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back