Media Valentina Shevchenko explains what happened in her title fight against Amanda Nunes

Nunes beat Rousey, Holmes and Cyborg. Shevshenko is a nice lady but her resume doesn’t compare.

As you just said: she beat them on a DEVASTATING way.
Nunes couldn’t devastate Valentina, she just got a close split decision
<{Heymansnicker}>
Edit : and maybe Valentina should try getting more tired, instead of being that inactive

Injuries happen; and you know, the flu; and the impossibility of flight from certain countries, and with certain passports from certain countries, don’t help the fact she has only fought once this year.

Nunes is a natural 145er... And stated it many times herself. That was her original weight division.
Valentina is a natural 125er. When the skill differential isn't that wide, things like size become more of a factor.

Let’s not forget the fact that if Valentina decided to cut as much as Amanda does, she’ll be fighting in Straw weight, because she can make 115.

What narrative? Nunes won both fights and two belts, you are the one inventing stuff to justify how Valentina somehow did anything better.

And how many belts and titles does Amanda has from other fighting sports sports? Does Amanda box, had boxed, K1, MT? What is her record before her WMMA career?

And adding more to mma; I think Amanda is a bjj black belt, and Valentina is a judo and taekwondo black belt. Similar backgrounds on martial arts here.

I think Valentina certainly did better before her WMMA career.

I know here and you, don’t give a fcuk about records outside UFC; but you brought resumes here...

Injuries happen; and you know, the flu; and the impossibility of flight from certain countries, and with certain passports from certain countries, don’t help the fact she has only fought once this year.

I'm was talking about activity in the cage when she's not fighting bad competition.

I scored the fight for Shev. People like to forget the fight because it was so boring. Nunes did nothing but land leg kicks and one take down the whole fight. Its a shame tbh because Nunes has catapulted to the clear GWOAT to everyone when Shev likely could have outclassed Cyborg herself even while giving up over 20 pounds.

They are trying to say Zhang will be the super fight, yeah I don't see it. Valentina made Joana look pedestrian.

You understand p4p, right? She's easily #1 right now. All time is debatable, but she'll get there
You understand what accomplishments are? I guess not.

You understand what accomplishments are? I guess not.

3CBC6135-71B2-49E7-B4D9-6D817F9C3CEB.jpeg 53E5EE47-03FA-420A-A495-BC70C2F2EC45.png 667126C5-63DF-43D6-A670-D8CE8E4150D6.jpeg FCDBB0F0-D815-4BA9-AAF3-C48125521C0E.png 4FDD81FE-65F3-425B-95C1-E33ABAB72B4E.jpeg D019A59A-146E-4619-8192-6F84847605A8.jpeg

And I won’t screenshot the kickboxing/muayThay/K1 record bc it’s too long.

Every Valentina achievement is on Wikipedia for everyone to look up to. 16times world MT champion before she was 25 yo. Became pro at 12 yo, and so many unrecorded fights

If you're a MA fan, don't sleep on Val.

You dont like WMMA, coool. Couple slow fights, sure. But Val is a special fighter.

She is an incredible martial artist. One of my favourites to watch right now

I scored the fight for Shev. People like to forget the fight because it was so boring. Nunes did nothing but land leg kicks and one take down the whole fight. Its a shame tbh because Nunes has catapulted to the clear GWOAT to everyone when Shev likely could have outclassed Cyborg herself even while giving up over 20 pounds.

They are trying to say Zhang will be the super fight, yeah I don't see it. Valentina made Joana look pedestrian.

This.

She's a top p4p WMMA fighter without a doubt. I don't know if she's THE top but she's top 3 obviously. I do think size played a major factor in her 2 fights with Nunes but there is no way to know if the extra 15ish pounds would have helped her win.

She is by far the best female fighter of all time in terms of skill, head and shoulders above everyone else. Her precision, reflexes, amazing movement coordination for a woman which 99,9% female athletes don't have (ballet dancers or figure skaters do) and one more thing which separates her from 90% of ALL fighters is that she hardly ever throws anything just to throw it. We see a lot of male fighters often spamming dumb combinations without any method to their madness, same with takedowns. When you watch Val fight, it literally looks like 90% of anything she throws either hits the target or just makes sense.

However, skill is not the only thing that matters in combat sports. Styles make fights and also there are plenty of examples where arguably the more skilled fighter loses. I think the biggest problem with her fighting Amanda is the fact that once they enter that octagon, Amanda is 1.5-2 weight classes above her because Val hardly cuts any weight and Amanda cuts quite a bit. Where as this weight wouldn't matter THAT much in LHW or HW, in BW it matters because it's a much bigger percentage of one's body weight.

Also, anyone claiming that Cyborg is bigger than Nunes is out of their mind(not talking to you here :)). Cyborg is bulky because she abused steroids for years and is still doing so or at the very least is combining heavy lifting + reaping the long term benefits of steroid abuse to maintain that muscle mass. But when you look at her old pics, she doesn't have a particularly impressive frame or anything, where as Nunes has huge back, wide shoulders and very long arms. If Nunes had abused steroids as much as Cyborg, she'd prolly be fighting in 155 with the guys and cutting quite a bit to get to that weight on fight night.
Cyborg still looked bigger than Nunes in their fight, steroids or not.

I do not know why people have to reinvent history because they did not like it the first time. Shevchenko is my favorite female fighter. She did not do enough. Yeah, the leg kicks Nunes was throwing were shit for power but in a fight where nothing was happening, Val should have checked them so they did not count. 2nd mistake. Third mistake was going for the clinch takedown against a larger, stronger fighter who had plenty of gas left in the tank because neither of them shifted out of first gear. Nunes was on top and ended the fifth round that way. Part of winning a fight that goes to the judges is not just knowing the rules but how judges interpret actions in the round.

Skill wise yes, Val is phenomenal. She did, however, make a few mistakes which cost her. End of story.

Last edited:
bunch of Russian bots only talking shit cause she is Russian if she was american ppl would just tell the truth and know she is a runner up

Back