Media Valentina Shevchenko explains what happened in her title fight against Amanda Nunes

She literally failed the main proof of p4p greatness : having a belt in two divisions.
You're in denial, mate.

If Val was the same size as Nunes she'd beat her convincingly, I mean she arguably already did beat her despite the size discrepancy. That is why she's p4p. The two belt thing doesn't come into it when you're the clearly the better fighter

You're in denial, mate.

If Val was the same size as Nunes she'd beat her convincingly, I mean she arguably already did beat her despite the size discrepancy. That is why she's p4p. The two belt thing doesn't come into it when you're the clearly the better fighter

Cyborg was bigger than Nunes and Nunes still destroyed her, that's a bigger p4p accomplishment than anything Valentina ever did. You are comparing what you think could have happened under some fantasy of yours to what actually happened, and I'm the one that's in denial?

Cyborg was bigger than Nunes and Nunes still destroyed her, that's a bigger p4p accomplishment than anything Valentina ever did. You are comparing what you think could have happened under some fantasy of yours to what actually happened, and I'm the one that's in denial?
The size difference between Nunes and cyborg is marginal, and you know it, especially comparatively to Val and Nunes. But sure, keep twisting things to try and fit your narrative <Lmaoo>

Lol at valentina fans crying about the size difference

It didnt stop Nunes from moving up and winning gold vs a dominant champ, that's why she's the best womens p4p fighter. She moved up and got the job done
Nunes is a natural 145er... And stated it many times herself. That was her original weight division.

Valentina is a natural 125er. When the skill differential isn't that wide, things like size become more of a factor.

Skill wise Valentina is the best female fighter of all time and better than a good portion of men. If she was the size of Nunez, she would murk the Lioness.

You said it so confidently you thought what you said was correct.

She was tentative and fought defensively instead of pulling the trigger. That's what happened. You gotta beat the champ to be the champ.
I agree. Both Nunes and Shevchenko are guilty of this - they are smart enough to weigh their own abilities against their opponent’s, and if the fight is potentially close, they pull back and point-fight instead of going all-in for the finish. It works out in their favor most of the time, but anytime you point-fight in a close fight and leave it to the judges, it’s a gamble.

The size difference between Nunes and cyborg is marginal, and you know it, especially comparatively to Val and Nunes. But sure, keep twisting things to try and fit your narrative <Lmaoo>

What narrative? Nunes won both fights and two belts, you are the one inventing stuff to justify how Valentina somehow did anything better.

Both are awesome at what they do but sometimes one will always win against the other even if they aren't technically superior.

Oh really? Who do you have ahead p4p all time?

If Bullet and Nunes are the same size, Bullet demolishes her. She has no equal, I can't think of anyone close. She'll get there, I could see Cyborg and Nunes ahead by accomplishments right now; arguably JJ and Ronda, but all things equal (p4p), nobody can touch her
What mma accomplishments does she have that justify calling her the p4p GOAT?

Lets be real, the only reason these two fought is because wmma is a joke and they are two of the few legit wmma fighters.

There is a pretty large size difference between them and if they were men the fights wouldve never happened with those size differences. (Maybe old school mma)

Val giving nunes a close fight is very impressive to me. Most girls will not last a few rounds with amanda even if they are similar size.

Well she was four and a half pounds heavier anyway. The California commission published the cageweights for 232 .... Cyborg was 160.5, Nunes 156.

Well she was four and a half pounds heavier anyway. The California commission published the cageweights for 232 .... Cyborg was 160.5, Nunes 156.

And Nunes looked quite softer than Cyborg.

maxresdefault.jpg

usa_today_11917048.0.jpg

If she was the best skills wise, she would have beating Nunes, but she didn't. There are examples where the better skilled fighter loses, this is not one of them.
Nunes is a lot bigger though. Had they been exactly the same size, then it’s not unlikely the close fight would have been a clear win for Schevchenko.

Nunes is a lot bigger though. Had they been exactly the same size, then it’s not unlikely the close fight would have been a clear win for Schevchenko.

So how did Nunes use her size exactly to her advantage?? I mean it was literally a kickboxing bout for 25 mins. Val didn't engage in any grappling, and Nunes got two takedowns. There was no clinching and fighting against the cage. I could understand if Nunes actually used her size physically and beat Val with strength and size. But she didn't.

Furthermore, you're just making an assumption. There really is no way to prove that.

gotta hate it when a fighter fights a crappy points fight and then complains they were robbed.

She should have fight a more agressive fight.
Until proven otherwise, Nunes is the GWOAT, and in the GOAT discussion too, because of her victories against her peers.
I mean, what she did to Cyborg was akin to what BJ Penn did to Matt Hughes... That's a pretty solid feat.
If she was more aggressive then Nunes would've starched her

GOAT wmma fighter... remember when nunes pulled out of their rematch at the last minute because she was sick to her stomach with fear and anxiety?

Back