Valentina Shevchenko doing bag work (fights Amanda Nunes next)

Werd!

Amanda, she's coming .. and I hope Valentina shows up just like this! This fight has amazing potential. :D

Nunes makes me pee a little. Having said that I truly believe she is tailor made for Shev. Valentina's kicks are very powerful and fast and she is adept at maintaining the distance. She also throws many tkd style kicks no telegraph.

Shev also outgrappled a much larger Kaufman with relative ease. Always the chance nunes lands a bomb but I think it will prove difficult.

Last edited:
I'm more excited for this match than Holly v. Tate... cuz i mean come one, it's Tate. But full camp Shevchenko hopefully will be less boring than 3 round clinch on Kaufman(win is a win especially on 8days notice, but le yawn)

Muay Thai is so rigid. Glad to see it losing ground at the top level of MMA.

Me too. I'll tell you this much though, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of her strikes. She's one bad b!#$%. I love what I've seen from McGregor and Wonderboy. I'm a bit biased though since I come from a TMA background myself but I do feel that mixing them in with good boxing, wrestling and submission grappling (not necessarily BJJ) will be the future of MMA.

It's not often I watch a girl hitting a bag and think "fuck, that would hurt!" but I want nothing to do with any of those strikes :(

Wait'll you see her spinning back kick, the number of chicks she's floored with that shot is kinda ridiculous.

I'm more excited for this match than Holly v. Tate... cuz i mean come one, it's Tate. But full camp Shevchenko hopefully will be less boring than 3 round clinch on Kaufman(win is a win especially on 8days notice, but le yawn)

I hear ya but I found it quite impressive the way she outgrappled Kaufman so easily. Kaufman isn't Maia lol, but she is much larger and a wmma legend. And believe me you'll see her striking game in this fight. She is ferocious on the feet.

Me too. I'll tell you this much though, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of her strikes. She's one bad b!#$%. I love what I've seen from McGregor and Wonderboy. I'm a bit biased though since I come from a TMA background myself but I do feel that mixing them in with good boxing, wrestling and submission grappling (not necessarily BJJ) will be the future of MMA striking.

Indeed. What we are currently seeing is a strong push toward better footwork and movement in MMA. Guys like Cruz, McGregor, Wonderboy, and - to a lesser extent - Dillashaw are leading the charge. The future of MMA striking will involve a great deal more freedom than we have seen in the past, of range of motion and technique.

Hopefully on a full camp she will do better, can't help but feel Nunes will TKO her on the ground though.

I think she stands a good chance of winning. Beating Sara Kaufman in your UFC debut is no joke.

Wait'll you see her spinning back kick, the number of chicks she's floored with that shot is kinda ridiculous.

I've seen it. It's nasty and it's one of the reasons why I like her. She's got all kinds of shots in her toolbox that she uses with devastating effect.

Nunes makes me pee a little. Having said that I truly believe she is tailor made for Shev. Valentina's kicks are very powerful and fast and she is adept at maintaining the distance. She also throws many tkd style kicks no telegraph.

Shev also outgrappled a much larger Kaufman with relative ease. Always the chance nunes lands a bomb but I think it will prove difficult.

Oh yeah, Nunes is no joke! I like them both so it's hard for me to root for one over the other.

Val has the better striking arsenal, but Nunes has her base in BJJ and Judo so if Val tries to employ the same game plan as she did in the Kaufman fight it could spell trouble .. unless she waits until after the 1st round. :cool:

Oh yeah, Nunes is no joke! I like them both so it's hard for me to root for one over the other.

Val has the better striking arsenal, but Nunes has her base in BJJ and Judo so if Val tries to employ the same game plan as she did in the Kaufman fight it could spell trouble .. unless she waits until after the 1st round. :cool:

You're spot on. I do feel she will not engage and initiate clinching this time and instead employ some anti-wrestling. The speed and skill difference is pretty wide in the stand up and as you mentioned I feel in the cardio as well.

Indeed. What we are currently seeing is a strong push toward better footwork and movement in MMA. Guys like Cruz, McGregor, Wonderboy, and - to a lesser extent - Dillashaw are leading the charge. The future of MMA striking will involve a great deal more freedom than we have seen in the past, of range of motion and technique.

Agreed. I love the direction it's heading in now.

It's a pity they have to fight one another at this point. Nunes imo was 4th on the depth chart to fight RR before HH. My depth chart. Holm, *Cyborg,Tate III, Nunes but HH took the title.

Valentina very strong striker, lots of experience. I'm going Valentina with the win by the smallest of margins.

She's a nice addition to the division although I think Zingano beats her handily.

She looks way hotter than paige in these pictures.
Nah.
maxresdefault.jpg

I hope Valentina beats her, I met Valentina last year in Thailand, she is a really cool and nice af, she still speaks the best language too :D

I like her. Hope she does well.

Back