Valentina Shevchenko could hold 3 belts

You know, I wouldn't pick Shevchenko over Cyborg solely because of the size, but it's amazing how in every thread that talks about a woman being multi-division champion, you keep bringing up Cyborg as if she's unbeatable.

Do you realize the irony of how gullible you look buying into this myth of invincibility built on can crushing while ultra aggressively calling other people assholes and idiots?

I keep bringing up Cyborg ?

Only in threads talking about the FW division. Or ones about Ronda moving up. To attempt to get two belts.

Ummmmm... Why the fuck wouldn't I bring up Cyborg ?

Do you think she's irrelevant in the FW title picture ? Talk about gullible.

There will be a FW champ in Feb. I believe it will be Holly. With Cyborg supposedly being the first in line to challenge the inaugural champ. This is information publicly stated by Dana.

If that is indeed the case. Ronda would have to beat one of those 2 women ( Holly/Cyborg ) for the belt. To become a two weight champ ( If she even wins the fuckin BW belt, first... Which I'm on record as saying. That fight is a toss up ). Is any part of what I just said even remotely not 100% factual ?

And I don't see Ronda beating Holly, or Cyborg. That part is opinion...Not fact. I do get to have my opinion, pal.

I'm completely neutral on Cyborg. But, I'm not fucking stupid. Either Holly, or GDR would have to beat Cyborg, to keep her from holding the belt ( Once again assuming Holly wins, and that Cyborg is next in line... No, I shouldn't have to repeat that part. But I'm not giving you a fucking inch to try to twist my words ). Against Cyborg, I give GDR about a 25% chance. I give Holly about a 50% chance.

I've never said so much as a... Fuck yourself... about Cyborg. Just said I thought she should be able to make BW. And that I'm shocked she turned down two different fights for the inaugural FW belt. Wondered if she would now fight in the US. Not just Brazil. And that I was surprised she didn't get cut for refusing the inaugural title fight.

I did say it was nice she got her citizenship.

I have NEVER said Cyborg WOULD beat Holly. " Would " ... As in stating a factual belief I have. I challenge you to find the post where I did.

That alone blows your fuckin bullshit assertion to smithereens. If I'm saying Holly has a 50% shot at beating Cyborg. It's preposterous of you to say that I'm saying she's UNBEATABLE. Your case doesn't hold water. Holly is in every single one of those conversations, with Cyborg. Check the posts.

So, don't go leaving pertinent information out of the picture, buddeh. I don't allow other people to put words in my mouth. Selective memory, and selective editing are dishonest... Akin to lying. I despise dishonest people. And I won't allow you to lie about me. Just to further your own agenda. The fuckin temerity, and dishonesty you're displaying is disgusting to me.

Or is it that I don't think Ronda has a hope in hell against Cyborg ? Don't forget... I've also said she has no chance against Holly, either. I've never mentioned one without the other. They would BOTH kick her ass right into retirement. And once again... That last sentence is opinion.

Are you in love with Ronda ? Is that your motivation ? It's a rhetorical question. Because... I don't give a fuck.

So, I dont know WTF you are talking about...Do you ?

Get your shit together, man.

bs2.gif

Only in threads talking about the FW division. Or ones about Ronda moving up. To attempt to get two belts.

There will be a FW champ in Feb. I believe it will be Holly. With Cyborg supposedly being the first in line to challenge the inaugural champ. This is information publicly stated by Dana.

If that is indeed the case. Ronda would have to beat one of those 2 women ( Holly/Cyborg ) for the belt. To become a two weight champ ( If she even wins the fuckin BW belt, first... Which I'm on record as saying. That fight is a toss up ). Is any part of what I just said even remotely not 100% factual ?

And I don't see Ronda beating Holly, or Cyborg. That part is opinion...Not fact. I do get to have my opinion, pal.

I'm completely neutral on Cyborg. But, I'm not fucking stupid. Either Holly, or GDR would have to beat Cyborg, to keep her from holding the belt ( Once again assuming Holly wins, and that Cyborg is next in line... No, I shouldn't have to repeat that part. But I'm not giving you a fucking inch to try to twist my words ). Against Cyborg, I give GDR about a 25% chance. I give Holly about a 50% chance.

I've never said so much as a... Fuck yourself... about Cyborg. Just said I thought she should be able to make BW. And that I'm shocked she turned down two different fights for the inaugural FW belt. Wondered if she would now fight in the US. Not just Brazil. And that I was surprised she didn't get cut for refusing the inaugural title fight.

I have NEVER said Cyborg WOULD beat Holly. " Would " ... As in stating a factual belief I have. I challenge you to find the post where I did.

That alone blows your fuckin bullshit assertion to smithereens. If I'm saying Holly has a 50% shot at beating Cyborg. It's preposterous of you to say that I'm saying she's UNBEATABLE. Your case doesn't hold water. Holly is in every single one of those conversations, with Cyborg. Check the posts.

So, don't go leaving pertinent information out of the picture, buddeh. I don't allow other people to put words in my mouth. Selective memory, and selective editing are dishonest... Akin to lying. I despise dishonest people. And I won't allow you to lie about me. Just to further your own agenda. The fuckin temerity, and dishonesty you're displaying is disgusting to me.

Or is it that I don't think Ronda has a hope in hell against Cyborg ? Don't forget... I've also said she has no chance against Holly, either. I've never mentioned one without the other. They would BOTH kick her ass right into retirement. And once again... That last sentence is opinion.

Are you in love with Ronda ? Is that your motivation ? It's a rhetorical question. Because... I don't give a fuck.

bs2.gif

Chill out man

- She beat Holly dominantly at 135lbs and could probably do the same at 145lbs, even with the huge weight difference.
- She would beat Amanda Nunes in a 5-round fight.
- She beat Joanna 3x in Muay Thai and could beat hear again at 125lbs.

Andrade will be a roadblock at 115 or 125 lol..

Andrade will be a roadblock at 115 or 125 lol..
Kind of MMAth-ish but I'm not sure Andrade would do all that well against Shevchenko considering how much better Shev has held up at BW... at least at 125, at 115 Val might lose too much physically cutting down that far.

Andrade would get her shit wrecked by Joanna or Valentina. She's not going to take down and control either one of them nearly as easily as she did against JoJo, Calderwood was taking her apart on the feet and Joanna & Valentina are even better than her in the standup.

I'm curious to see how she'll fare against someone whose plan will be to blanket her. I think Miesha would be a bigger threat, but now she's retired. In any case, I think her against Julianna Peña is shitty match making. Shevchenko vs Cat Zingano or Pennington would be a much more entertaining fight.
Pena beat Cat (who beat Miesha) and won the tournament Pennington lost.

Andrade would get her shit wrecked by Joanna or Valentina. She's not going to take down and control either one of them nearly as easily as she did against JoJo, Calderwood was taking her apart on the feet and Joanna & Valentina are even better than her in the standup.

I think Andrade would beat Joanna but would lose against Shevchenko.

I think Andrade would beat Joanna but would lose against Shevchenko.

I wrote a longer post a few months ago on why Andrade ain't beating Joanna.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/jedrzejczyk-vs-andrade-who-takes-it.3342929/page-4#post-121444613

Going back to the OP, while Shevchenko would probably lose a straight up striking match against GDR because of the size & power disadvantage, I think she actually has a decent chance of beating her if she makes it an MMA fight and uses her take downs and ground control. Germaine has a habit of ending up in the clinch when throwing power punches, this gives Valentina a chance to use her clinch takedowns to put de Randamie on her back. If she does that the round is pretty much hers, and she can also get the take downs off of caught kicks. Against Cyborg she's toast, Valentina is just too small and she'd get taken down and pounded out.

It's kinda interesting, Cyborg beats everyone at 145 but Holly is the hardest matchup, yet Holm is the easiest one to beat for de Randamie, and both Holly and Germaine are beatable for Valentina.

Let her first win one before you talk about 3, you momo
Agreed. This thread is pretty preposterous.
AFAIK, they added the division because they needed a title fight for promotional purposes, nothing to do with Cyborg. In fact, Holly never agreed to fight Cyborg at 145lbs and she appeared to be reluctant to ever agree to fight Cyborg even if she wins the 145lbs belt:

It's well known that Dana has some kind of personal feud with Cyborg. If he can do anything to screw her over, he'll do it. If Ronda wins her fight against Amanda, you can be sure she'll challenge for the FW belt. And Ronda will never agree to fight Cyborg, no matter what the white knights say.

I disagree totally. I very much doubt they'd have made the division if Cyborg didn't exist.

Edit: I know Cyborg isn't fighting in the first 145 title fight, but I believe the UFC made the decision to make the division expecting her to fight.

Here's a quote by Dana that I think backs me up:

"We brought her in because she said she could make 135 pounds. When she couldn't, the weight cut was too hard, we created the 145-pound division -- and she still doesn't want to fight."

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...ufc-booked-holly-holm-vs-germaine-de-randamie

Last edited:
Remind me again who's the women's 125 champ she has to beat?

- She beat Holly dominantly at 135lbs and could probably do the same at 145lbs, even with the huge weight difference.
- She would beat Amanda Nunes in a 5-round fight.
- She beat Joanna 3x in Muay Thai and could beat hear again at 125lbs.
You're not making any sense at all...
1-The UFC does not have more than 2
championship belts for women.
2- how is beating JJ at a catchweigh gonna get her a belt? No fucking way is she making SW either.
3- Cyborg kills her
4- I wanna see how she does in her next match before allowing a bandwagon

bs2.gif
The way you worded your post made it sound like Valentina would HAVE to beat Cyborg to be FW champ ie. there was no way Holly or GDR could onto the title for Val to beat them instead.

Good to see how easy it is to rile up one of the most abrasive and WOAT posters here.

It's still silly to think a former champ had NO chance against some "aesthetic" can crusher who is completely untested against modern top comp, that's like saying Lawler has no chance against MVP. Such irony from someone whose gimmick is based on seeing through hype...

Back