*Valentina Shevchenko and Weili Zhang have validated WMMA for even the most reluctant MMA fans*

original.jpg

Gina Carano was the first MMA fighter to be featured on an ESPN cover, without even being UFC. She only ever lost to Cyborg, and this is all 11+ years ago. Carano, Cyborg, and Megumi validated WMMA over a decade ago, well before Ronda, Tate, etc.

...but Shevchenko's strike selection is my favourite in WMMA, and she won one of those Nunes fights.

Last edited:
Valentina starches Weili. Just my opinion

Don’t know about starches but beats her comfortably for sure.

People were awed Weili’s destruction of Andrade, who wades in with wide, looping shots and little concern for what’s coming back. Look at Weili’s performance vs Torres though, just one fight earlier. It doesn’t bode well for how she matches up with Valentina, who has excellent defense/footwork and knows how to use her kicks.

I agree for Valentina but I doubt Zang can really piss clean.
Marketing pass because China is a huge market and you need a champion to sell to the crowd.
Casual UFC BS

So by your logic.

No point watching Nascar because Indycars go faster

No point watching college football because the NFL athletes are faster and stronger

No point watching the 200 metres because the 100 metres is faster

No point watching Javelin competition because a shot putt is heavier

No point watching soccer in heh US because soccer in the UK is better

you are missing the whole point of what makes sport enjoyable.

If you have a race between 10 people, and those 10 people are evenly matched, it doesnt matter if htey finish in 9 seconds, 10 seconds, 11 seconds, or 20 seconds, the excitment is in how closely contested the race is. Thats what makes it enjoyable to watch.
People watch college sports for two reasons. To support their Alma mater, and to watch potential future sports stars before they become sports stars. Professional women's sports isn't that. The female athletes are already at their peak and their peak is below that of a professional male athlete.

Also when people are watching an inferior product, like MLS soccer, they're paying significantly less money to watch that inferior product. The fan is compensated for coming to watch an inferior product. That doesn't happen with WMMA in the UFC.

You are comparing something that is 100% athletic based against something that may be 25%.
If this statement were accurate then 50-70 year old red belts would be dominating this sport. Old guys have a hell of a lot more technique and experience then the 20-35 year olds fighting in there right now.

To execute upon a technique, against another human being trying to take your head off, you need the strength, agility, and speed to make it work.

Last edited:
The fastest woman in the history Earth, Florence Griffith Joyner, holds the 100m and 200m world records for track. Both her records are slower than mens records from 100 years ago. Her records are slower than current undeveloped male high school track stars.

Men are genetically built to be superior athletes. By definition that makes women's sports an inferior product to watch. That's just how it is.
Not for long! Women with dicks gonna break all those records real soon.

10.5 is fast enough to medal at the world juniors (Under 17’s) which is the best high school level not “under developed” as you say.

the next bracket is under 19’s which is junior collage level.

so yea no shit super elite men are faster than super elite female but if an NFL or NBA Star can run sub 11they are considered fast players even at that elite level.

EDIT:

Here are the results from the World Under 20's finals in 2012

Final[edit]

Rank Lane Name Nationality Time Note
16px-Gold_medal_icon.svg.png
6 Adam Gemili
23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
Great Britain 10.05 WJL, CR
16px-Silver_medal_icon.svg.png
7 Aaron Ernest
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States 10.17 PB
16px-Bronze_medal_icon.svg.png
3 Odean Skeen
23px-Flag_of_Jamaica.svg.png
Jamaica 10.28 PB
4 4 Tyreek Hill
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States 10.29
5 5 Jazeel Murphy
23px-Flag_of_Jamaica.svg.png
Jamaica 10.29
6 2 Chijindu Ujah
23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
Great Britain 10.39 PB
7 9 Carlos Nascimento
23px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png
Portugal 10.41 PB
8 8 Zhenye Xie
23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png
China 10.59

Flojo's PB is fast enough to make the final.
These are not high school kids. These are young adults.

Women are faster than you think at the elite level.
It's not like ball sports.

The best 14-year-olds smoke the best women in basketball or soccer but in athletics (100m) The best women are on par with the best 17-18-year-olds.

The top women would qualify for the semis and finals at the world under 20's athletics championships.
You're still not fully developed as a man at the age of 17 and 18, and you are still in high school. You just acknowledged everything I just said.

There have been 4 broads in wmma history who are allowed out of the kitchen

Valentina, Weili, Amanda, and Cyborg

True dat.
But was that her fault, or Carmouche's?
Has Carmouche made an entertaining fight since fighting Rousey? I can't think of one.
I get that but Val was and is on a completely different level and I think Carmouche had absolutely nothing for Val and as a corollary thought Val could and should have thrown more. I'll cut her some slack though as you rightfully point out she's had a dominating finish as palate cleanser after the dullest title fight after 2019. She starches Calderwood and I'll be in even more of a forgiving mood.

Back