*Valentina Shevchenko and Weili Zhang have validated WMMA for even the most reluctant MMA fans*

The fastest woman in the history Earth, Florence Griffith Joyner, holds the 100m and 200m world records for track. Both her records are slower than mens records from 100 years ago. Her records are slower than current undeveloped male high school track stars.

Men are genetically built to be superior athletes. By definition that makes women's sports an inferior product to watch. That's just how it is.

You are comparing something that is 100% athletic based against something that may be 25%.

I hold both fighters in high regard and am looking forward to the fight. They are both incredible. There might be something to what TS is saying, but there will always be a lot of fans that hate WMMA.

The problem with the haters is that its not validation that they need, its that they have penis I mean personal insecurities that need to be resolved.

One's a boring point-fighter
Schevchenko has 3 title defenses and 2 of them are finishes.
HalfSpectacularBluebreastedkookaburra-max-1mb.gif

ezgif-3-ec29efca861d.gif

That’s because Derandamie is as good as Amanda. That being said, she’s not light years from 2 BW ranked. I don’t think she looked pathetic, I think it was a leveled fight. And I’m a big Valentina fan.
That leads to Valentina, being a head shorter than derandamie, could work perfectly at the WBW top 5...

GDR's ground game and TDD was pathetic.

Amanda just gassed terribly because she cuts too much weight.

Valentina is more technical than Edson. She can do everything in terms of striking. A strong boxer isn't going to walk her down.

Val does have good technique, but she also deals with kiddie level power and speed compared to what Edson deals with.

Val does have good technique, but she also deals with kiddie level power and speed compared to what Edson deals with.

And if Edson had Valentina's defence and ability to kick on the retreat he'd have about half as many losses as he does.

Gotta balance that out with the worst title fight of 2019 against Carmouche to be fair.
True dat.
But was that her fault, or Carmouche's?
Has Carmouche made an entertaining fight since fighting Rousey? I can't think of one.

And if Edson had Valentina's defence and ability to kick on the retreat he'd have about half as many losses as he does.

Again, that ability to retreat and defend is vastly easier when you fight soccer moms and cans.
Are you seriously suggesting Edson does not face more athletic, better trained fighters?

I;m a fan of Valentina, but she is simply not fighting opponents who are even in the same universe of skill and dangerous ability as Edson does.

I can't say I remember a single Carmouche fight other than the one where she got her arm ripped off by Ronda.
I added pretty much the same thought to my post you quoted, before I saw this! LOL.

Again, that ability to retreat and defend is vastly easier when you fight soccer moms and cans.
Are you seriously suggesting Edson does not face more athletic, better trained fighters?

Sure, but has Edson ever shown good head movement, sharp Aldo style defensive footwork, or the blocks, parries, and other defences that Shevchenko has? No doubt it's harder to do against men, but he's barely shown a trace of those skills.

The fastest woman in the history Earth, Florence Griffith Joyner, holds the 100m and 200m world records for track. Both her records are slower than mens records from 100 years ago. Her records are slower than current undeveloped male high school track stars.

Men are genetically built to be superior athletes. By definition that makes women's sports an inferior product to watch. That's just how it is.

10.5 is fast enough to medal at the world juniors (Under 17’s) which is the best high school level not “under developed” as you say.

the next bracket is under 19’s which is junior collage level.

so yea no shit super elite men are faster than super elite female but if an NFL or NBA Star can run sub 11they are considered fast players even at that elite level.

EDIT:

Here are the results from the World Under 20's finals in 2012

Final[edit]

Rank Lane Name Nationality Time Note
16px-Gold_medal_icon.svg.png
6 Adam Gemili
23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
Great Britain 10.05 WJL, CR
16px-Silver_medal_icon.svg.png
7 Aaron Ernest
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States 10.17 PB
16px-Bronze_medal_icon.svg.png
3 Odean Skeen
23px-Flag_of_Jamaica.svg.png
Jamaica 10.28 PB
4 4 Tyreek Hill
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States 10.29
5 5 Jazeel Murphy
23px-Flag_of_Jamaica.svg.png
Jamaica 10.29
6 2 Chijindu Ujah
23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
Great Britain 10.39 PB
7 9 Carlos Nascimento
23px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png
Portugal 10.41 PB
8 8 Zhenye Xie
23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png
China 10.59

Flojo's PB is fast enough to make the final.
These are not high school kids. These are young adults.

Women are faster than you think at the elite level.
It's not like ball sports.

The best 14-year-olds smoke the best women in basketball or soccer but in athletics (100m) The best women are on par with the best 17-18-year-olds.

The top women would qualify for the semis and finals at the world under 20's athletics championships.

Last edited:
Valentina starches Weili. Just my opinion

Nunes looked pathetic in her last fight.

shevchenko looked pathetic throwing 8 strikes per round against fucking carmouche

... and yet Shevchenko very arguably beat, or drew, with Nunes in their 2nd fight despite being much smaller.

But Nunes won. Draw at best but really Shevchenko showed zero urgency and no round winning initiative. Shev's only great win is a girl much smaller than her with two recent losses and she didn't come close to finishing her. Nunes moved up win weight and knocked out a nearly ten year undefeated fighter. Nunes isn't just better, she's better p4p.

Last edited:
The problem is that events have 12 fights, and 3 of them are always WMMA. You named 2 there. And you really can only name a few of them that are quite skilled.

The rest? Well, they are mostly cardio kickboxing chicks that have 15 minute sparring sessions in the octagon. And that's the issue that people have with WMMA. If there was only 1 fight per event, people wouldn't mind that much.

ppl would still complain though.

i tend to agree though.

barring title fights or contender fights they should have the prelim and undercard for women and main card just for the very best female talent.
I enjoy watching females like valentina, Nunes, holm and cyborg but outside of these ladies their is not many other talented ladies.

Back