News Valentina set fight to Andrade at UFC 261

Valentina Shevchenko or Jessica Andrade?

• Total voters
If Shev is not over -700 I may bet on that.

I still think Valentina gets it done fairly comfortably, but Andrade is the first opponent of hers I've thought carries some threat to her since Joanna, so looking forward to it.

That’s how I see it. VS is definitely the big favorite but this is the kind of matchup that could lead to a loss. Shorter, quicker than she’s probably used to, maybe lands a bomb over the top before she gets the timing down.

I don't see why Murphy thinks she's such a clear #1 contender really. She got a robbery against Lee and beat Roxy who other fighters have been beating.

Yea she’s an uninteresting Dan Hardy. Could you defend giving her a title shot under the current circumstances? Sure. Has she eliminated other contenders and kicked the door down? Not remotely. Is anyone interested in seeing it? Not remotely.

Andrade needs to go for broke the first few minutes if she wants to win.

bet the farm on Valentina for yet another squash match.

I still think Valentina gets it done fairly comfortably, but Andrade is the first opponent of hers I've thought carries some threat to her since Joanna, so looking forward to it.

I absolutely agree with you. I'm actually more worried for Jessica than I was Joanna but I still think Val will be fine.

I don't see why Murphy thinks she's such a clear #1 contender really. She got a robbery against Lee and beat Roxy who other fighters have been beating.

I've never been a Murphy fan but I do think she's improved but not a contender. I suppose there's not a whole lot of options for Val so eventually fighting Murphy would probably go through but I don't think it's because Murphy is so great.

Andrade has proven that she can drop 125ers and even 135ers. In her fight with Chookagian, she just ended that fight with a punishing body shot. Yes, Val is the better more skilled fighter....but there are some things to consider. Joanna J kind of drafted the blueprint for beating Andrade (be elusive, yet abusive), but can Valentina follow that blueprint? Consider that Rose got KTFO in her first fight with Andrade and her face turned into hamburger in their second fight...so even nimble fighters get hit by Andrade (she is relentless). If Valentina just tries not to take a lot of damage over 5 rounds, she can pull off the win. But, I think if she tries to trade her kicks with Andrade's punches, this fight could go either way. Andrade is a live dog.

Murphy, on her best day, can only aspire to losing a 45-50 UD to Valentina. So, not sure why she should bemoan Andrade getting the shot.

Jarl

One of the better fights Shev could have, but still Bullet Bullet Bullet
giphy.gif
perfect

Back