Valentina S: Woman of Many Talents 2.0 - One Door Closed, Another Door Opened

I mostly agree. I think technically Val won the second fight, but with the way judges score fights I can see the decision going the other way. And it is the role of both the fighter and the coach to be aware of how stupid judges often are. Sucks, but this is the reality of the world we live in.

I genuinely think she lost simply due to the fact Nunes got her down in round 5. Valentina was out striking her that round and started off strongly but as soon as she attempted the toss and nu-nu got her back and pressed her against the cage, it allowed her to use her power to lift her off the ground and take her down. I nearly flipped my shit when that happened cause I know how these judges are, I actually thought to myself "fuck! that's round 5 for Nunes and maybe the fight too"... it's annoying the way one simple take down (and doing nothing with it) can at times win you the round.

Two judges gave Nunes round 5 (the two who had her winning). I think without the take down it would have been Valentinas. It's so annoying to come so close to winning.

I like others, think she won that fight anyway.

scorecards-amanda-nunes-valentina-shevchenko-ufc-215.jpg

I agree. I don't give a damn what anyone says, I thought Val won her 2nd fight against Nunes & still think she can beat Nunes too. Nunes is only a difficult fight for Valentina because of the size (height, weight & reach) & strength discrepancy.

I will always root for fighters that are world-class martial artists over fighter that're either jack of all trades or rely primarily on their size & strength/athleticism/power to win fights.
Agreed. But I do think she should have been more active in the 2nd fight, but maybe I remember wrong. Haven't rewatched it since.

Skill for skill though, I think Val is the best in WMMA. Now that she isn't outsized by 15-20 lbs, I think she's going to tear people up.

Enough for three ?? :p

Ice Cream.

hjhjjjk.jpg

I'm more convinced than ever that they're somehow related :p

FedorIceCream.jpg

I think the first punch here was where Priscilla mangled her knee, I can't tell how it happened but as soon as the punch lands she's struggling to keep her right leg from giving out on her. Everyone worries about Valentina's right hook, then they get hammered by the left straight.

wuHwNF2.gif

Valentina sparring with the South American Muay Thai champion

Cracked me up hearing round 5 music in round 1 and Ram Muay music in round 2. :D

That's some fish.

I was wondering when she was gonna' upload her fishing pics, cause Antonina uploaded a video of them on the boat heading out to go fishing and you could (just about) see Valentina sitting on the front of the boat. That'a girl, best seat on the boat...living life to the fullest.

Back