Valentina might actually be the best martial artist ever

Agreed, and Nunes has historically shown MUCH bigger holes in her game. . . particularly on the ground or against a grappler that takes it to her.
She also showed flaws in her striking against GDR when she got lit up on the feet by a more technical fighter and almost got knocked out before started panic wrestling. I think Cyborg rematch, Valentina + 20 pounds or GDR with TDD beats Nunes with ease.

Not to say Nunes isn't great. She has beaten who's in front of her. But I think some of her wins has been down to fluke, size or lack of TDD.

She also showed flaws in her striking against GDR when she got lit up on the feet by a more technical fighter and almost got knocked out before started panic wrestling. I think Cyborg rematch, Valentina + 20 pounds or GDR with TDD beats Nunes with ease.

Not to say Nunes isn't great. She has beaten who's in front of her. But I think some of her wins has been down to fluke, size or lack of TDD.
I agree on most of your points. But I'd also point out that GDR w/TDD is a unicorn- she's too old and lazy to *really* implement anything other than her bread-and-butter. I also think even *without* the 20 lbs, Valentina could finish Nunes if she can get her to the ground. With the 20 lbs? I think she wouldn't really sweat Nunes much. Cyborg is cracked and over-the-hill, so I don't think a rematch would go her way.

That is the silliest thing I've ever heard. What the F- are people eating around here. As far as women go, she might be in debate....buts let's remember the wmma 125 division consists of a lion and a bunch of zebras.

In fact, this downright offensive .....and I'm no mysonigist.

That is the silliest thing I've ever heard. What the F- are people eating around here. As far as women go, she might be in debate....buts let's remember the wmma 125 division consists of a lion and a bunch of zebras.

In fact, this downright offensive .....and I'm no mysonigist.

@Zebra Cheeks

<{CMPALM}> <JonesLaugh>

1. wmma, terrible opponents mostly
2. broken english
3. terrible dancing

idc

125 is worse than Hw and Hw is pure garbage

Which is a reflection on the talent pool not Valentina. What would you have her do, move outside her natural weight class just to appease SHerdoggers?

Lol... Let's be real man. She's facing complete scrubs 99% of the time. Her bjj is nowhere near the best guys, neither is her grappling. Compare her grappling to the likes of Khabib, Jones, Usman, Colby, Maia, GSP, DC, etc, regularly throwing around D1 wrestlers and grappling champions and controlling them/subbing them. Fedor subbing roided up freak HWs, or Mighty Mouse submitting some mofo mid-air (although imo he also competed in a shallow division). I even feel ridiculous that I have to type this.

Her striking is very good, but again... compare it to the best guys. How can you compare Stipe striking against Ngannou and DC with what she's facing... shit, go watch Yan vs Aldo, Jones vs Gus or DC, Cody vs Cruz, any Anderson fight, any Adesanya fight, etc, etc. Think of the dangers these guys are facing against each other. Chin is pretty much a non-factor for her and her opponents move in slow motion. In her division, she's the GOAT. Overall in WMMA she's top 5 and arguably top 3. The arguments end there though, let's not be silly.

I'm really only interested in her facing the 115 or 135 champ at this point. Although Ribas is coming for that ass.

Last edited:
Best martial artist ever? That’s a hard no from me, dawg.

Which is a reflection on the talent pool not Valentina. What would you have her do, move outside her natural weight class just to appease SHerdoggers?
That's what 125,185,205 er did back in the day

This thread is stating she might be the best martial artist ever. She fights in a shallow division that’s still nascent in regards to development within WMMA. Calling into question the class of opponents is an obvious and reasonable critique imo.

but like you said, I’m not going to knock her, although she isn’t the best MMA fighter ever, either.

the troll threads continue. a lot of them going round right now.

the guy's username is a troll job, and people are trying to take the thread seriously.

Not quite sure about that, but I’ve always been blown away by her skill set. Every aspect of her game is crisp, efficient, and technical.

I agree on most of your points. But I'd also point out that GDR w/TDD is a unicorn- she's too old and lazy to *really* implement anything other than her bread-and-butter. I also think even *without* the 20 lbs, Valentina could finish Nunes if she can get her to the ground. With the 20 lbs? I think she wouldn't really sweat Nunes much. Cyborg is cracked and over-the-hill, so I don't think a rematch would go her way.
Fair points. Yeah GDR showed some improvements against Pena but not much except for the hail mary Guillotine. But in a dream world GDR would have world class TDD so she could give Nunes a match on the feet, which she would probably win.

I think Valentina is just to technical for Nunes whether they both are 145 or 125, either on the ground or on the feet. In either weight class Valentina would have been able to stuff the take downs and win on points on the feet. Also, if they where the same weight maybe she wouldnt fear the takedown as much and could land some more head kicks.

I dont think Cyborg is cracked at all tbh. Anyone can get KOd by Nunes, and Cyborg was caught early. In a rematch if Cyborg can survive the first minute I think she outworks Nunes pretty easily with heavy shots and better clinchwork.

Back