Valentina might actually be the best martial artist ever

GoatArtemLobov

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I usually don't like WMMA at all, but man, Val is just on another level, everything she does is so perfect, she clearly hasn't any weakness, her striking is impeccable, her grappling is as on point as it can get, her fight IQ and general IQ is the best in the sport, and of course she is freakishly athletic and conditionned.
What's your take on that?

It's easy to see that she possesses world class skills regardless of how lousy her competition has been.

Although one very untested aspect is how she would do against a good wrestler. Julianna Pena managed to push her up against the fence a bit and take her down (where Valentina snatched her arm)

What I really wanted to see was if Tatiana Suarez can get some experience under her belt and then challenge Valentina a lot more in that department. Unfortunately she has her neck injury and never fights.

tenor.gif

No doubt in WMMA she's the most skilled by far. But you also have to look at competition faced. Prime Fedor is the most complete fighter ever and prime Jon Jones also has a case

Strong evidence for p4p best wmma. I was thinking about this the other day after rewatching some of her fights. I'd would actually look forward to her fights a lot more with better competition.

I usually don't like WMMA at all, but man, Val is just on another level, everything she does is so perfect, she clearly hasn't any weakness, her striking is impeccable, her grappling is as on point as it can get, her fight IQ and general IQ is the best in the sport, and of course she is freakishly athletic and conditionned.

I was amazed how well she handled Amanda. She lost but she did not look like a loser in that fight. She handle herself very well in there. If you can call someone winning a fight even though they lost I would have given it to her against Amanda.

i don't think shes taken yet OP. go get her!
giphy-1.gif

You can be a great fighter but also be a can crusher. Her as a champ at 125 is exactly that.

It’s gonna be hard for me argue against that. For me she’s definitely the best ever in WMMA. Nunes barely beat her, thanks to size advantage imo.
Agreed, and Nunes has historically shown MUCH bigger holes in her game. . . particularly on the ground or against a grappler that takes it to her.

Back