Vagner Rocha vs. Joseph Duffy added to UFC 185

that should be a fun fight, i wanna see some grappling exchanges!

sup watched the Mcgregor Duffy fight over the weekend, I actually watched both of Mcgregors losses. both by sub btw. as we all know.

Any way both guys looked like no joke at all on the ground and given Duffy has already beaten one of the best FW of all time(unofficial for now) he deserves a few fights just for that.

Oh ye and we the Irish are lighting the UFC up outstanding performances from Mcgregor obv, Seery and now Holohan who have all been outstanding in the octagon, really unbelievable....

GL Duffy, dude looks like no joke on the ground.

While talented on the ground, IMHO, Rocha has not been able to make any notable improvements in his striking or cardio since his UFC debut against Cerrone in 2011.

He was submitted directly due to these deficiencies in his last fight.

Last edited:
Long wait, but I am actually looking forward to Joe fighting. And not cause he beat Conor, it's because he's a good fighter. I am interested to see if his boxing is crisper after taking a sabbatical from MMA to focus purely on boxing. He definitely had good ground skills back in the Cage Warriors days. I think Irish Joe got dis...Rocha lost to Jonathan Brookins by KO...not exactly betting on him.

Duffy finishes this one. Its like been said. We don't see much improvement from Rocha since his fight with Cerrone, which happened in 2011

So Duffy is a ground guy?

I trained under Rocha a few years back. He is amazing on the ground but never got better in his striking, even though he's lifelong friend and trained with Edson Barboza.

So Duffy is a ground guy?

I trained under Rocha a few years back. He is amazing on the ground but never got better in his striking, even though he's lifelong friend and trained with Edson Barboza.

Nope. He just got off a 3 year stint as a boxer.

They are really stacking up UFC 185. So far I care about every fight in there.

Irish joe probably will win his first 3 fights in ufc and gets a 10 ten guy

Then ufc will sign Ivan musardo as "the last man to bear joe Duffy"

Same script all over. Hah!!

Nope. He just got off a 3 year stint as a boxer.

*Looks at Duffy's record and sees 8 wins by subs, 3 by KO and 1 by decision*

I think you need to finish doin' your homework on this guy. He has twice the amount of subs as he does ko's and you peg him as a stand up guy just cause he switched to the sport of boxing for a bit. Sounds to me like he may have more going for him than hands, bud.

Irish joe probably will win his first 3 fights in ufc and gets a 10 ten guy

Then ufc will sign Ivan musardo as "the last man to bear joe Duffy"

Same script all over. Hah!!

LOL. Duffy is an interesting prospect. As is the case with most lighter weight European fighters that sign with the UFC, depends on their wrestling and whether they have a decent guard.

Back