V. Shevchenko 0 KO wins and 4/58 in kickboxing. She has 0 power, why would anyone be afraid of her??

She struggled to get that finish. Her stock dropped IMO against a complete tomato can even by WMMA standards.

I’m in agreement with TS, she ain’t that good.

Her solution to fighting a same stance fighter (two southpaws) is to throw as many spinning back fasts as you can. She threw like 7 or 8 in one round if I recall correctly. That shit is ugly.
She ain't that good? She had two very close fights with Nunes which isn't bad. I think she could have got the nod in the second fight.

Is it just me or are there other people who quite like wmma but get put off it a bit because the more obsessive fans are creepy as fuck?

I agree with you. Not debating that. But people act like she's knocking people out left right and center causing everyone brain damage when she couldn't hurt a fly after 6000 punches and elbows and has probably the worst finishing rate i've ever seen on even average female fighters...
The fuck are you talking about? She finished 11 out of 15 of her pro MMA fights. That's a good finishing rate actually.

Not saying that she has massive KO power, but she's a solid finisher.

Is it just me or are there other people who quite like wmma but get put off it a bit because the more obsessive fans are creepy as fuck?

This type of weird obsession usually ends up at a circle-jerk.

I think the UFC threw Nicco under the bus.

One of the mma beat guys said the TUF show should have been number 1 contender instead of the title. I agree.

But the UFC did her no favors and leaking info to Ariel was a bitch move.

I enjoy it when the gals actually fight, but then read comments from weirdos here and feel the urge to take a shower.

Cindy Dandois has as many TKO's than Shevchenko in mma and she has probably the lowest stoppage rate ever for a kickboxing fighter.
She looked good last fight vs a girl that tore her knee after 7 sec and couldn't even move and Shev still had to take her down and couldn't put her out in 1 round lol

She's the definition of pillow hands an decision machine, doesn't have one stoppage in the stand up department in the UFC.

She is an amazing fighter and would have won the fight against Montano but when you're fighting her the probability of her hurting you is almost 0. You have to probably break yours arms and legs and not move at all and she still would have to land 10000 punches to open a scratch on your face.

I get that she's a great fighter, but why would anyone fear her??
No one is scared of her physically hurting them , they're scared of losing .

Damn I though that it was her record

I don't think fighters fear Shevchenko's power, but they don't like getting countered by her. Plus she's difficult to hit. It makes her opponents hesitant to engage. On the other hand, I think Shevchenko is slightly overrated. She wasn't robbed against Nunes. The fight was super close and could have gone either way. That's not a robbery. Plus, neither fighter was really going after it, especially Shevchenko. I think her win over Holly was the result of fortunate timing. Holly was too desperate to force the issue and put on a show and completely abandoned her own countering style. Had Holly fought her normal fight, it would have likely been another super close, albeit boring fight in which the decision could have gone either way. Shev is certainly one of the best fighters in WMMA at the moment, but she's not head and shoulders above everyone else like many of her fans would have us believe.

The narrative (led by Shevchenko) that Montano did this on purpose proves how stupid people can be. Yeah, sure. Someone prepares for a fight then cuts weight to the point their kidneys start to shut down. All just part of the plan. lol

I couldn't care less about Montano. She got her title through TUF and it's her fault for not being able to make weight but people need a serious reality check. Shevchenko has one of the biggest senses of entitlement in WMMA.
she wasnt cutting that much weight

she wasnt cutting that much weight

I have no idea how much weight she cuts. The fact the UFC dr's shut her down shows she was physically harming herself. Was that part of the plan?

People who come on here and say Valentina is no good have just outed themselves as haters or fans who have no clue what they are watching.

If you hate wmma then just have the stones to say so.

Getting hit still hurts, even if it doesn't knock you out.

Joanna Jędrzejczyk didn't KO Carla Esparza, yet Esparza's face looked like hamburger by the time the ref stepped in for the TKO stoppage.

Well WMMA is objectively awful so how anyone can enjoy it is beyond me. But yes, most WMMA fans are creepy weirdos, just read sherdog for proof. Even ignoring the terrible skill level, it's not normal for grown men to enjoy watching women fight, so the fact these guys get all hot under the collar over it seriously gives off some potential sex offender/virgin nerd vibes.

I don't know about you, but I'm not volunteering to take any kicks from her.
6y6r03u.gif
tumblr_mf16kw3GEb1rgpq3fo1_4001.gif

Back