Rumored Usyk vs Wilder

Any fight with wilder is risky, as limited as he is, it's just the nature of the beast.

Any fight with wilder is risky, as limited as he is, it's just the nature of the beast.
Risky fight for sure, wilder isn’t Joshua he’s 10x faster and he can sit back and be more of a sniper than he could against a taller fury

As I said in another thread it's highly unlikely that Usyk will fight Wilder before his undisputed showdown with Fury. I suspect that it's merely a bluff since Fury is now linked to a possible fight with AJ. Fury targeted his rival in AJ so now Usyk wants to appear as if he's going after Fury's respective rival in Wilder. The reality is that Wilder is just far too dangerous of an opponent to take pre-Fury. From a business standpoint it would literally be the worst move Usyk could possibly make. Wilder is the definition of high risk-low reward. He's lost his last couple fights, has no title anymore, and he remains lethal. Against Wilder Usyk would only stand to make a fraction of what he'd make against Fury in Saudi for undisputed. About 3-4x less when you look at the numbers. I'd be very surprised if this fight happens before Usyk squares off against Fury (or the Fury-AJ winner if that fight actually happens).

Hearn thinks Usyk will sit out until he fights Fury. He said this a couple days ago granted it was before the news broke that Usyk was supposedly looking for the Wilder-Helenius winner. Still, I think he's spot on. Usyk stands to make upwards of 9 figures against Fury ($100m+). You wouldn't play with fire unless you absolutely had to. Not look for the most dangerous voluntary defense before a huge undisputed title fight for all the marbles.

Eddie Hearn expects Oleksandr Usyk to wait for undisputed title shot, retire shortly after

Last edited:
lol he wont have to worry about hooks or uppercuts or combos, just a right hand, wilder will be made to look as very limited as he is, career ending fight for him

He has 36 minutes to land one shot on a shorter guy that’s been hit plenty. Of course he’s the lesser boxer. He usually doesn’t care.

He has 36 minutes to land one shot on a shorter guy that’s been hit plenty. Of course he’s the lesser boxer. He usually doesn’t care.
How often does he get hit clean? Watching the pained confusion on Joshua's face, trying to get his timing, I just see a lesser boxer like wilder getting pieced up, he may be more gung ho than AJ, that's why he takes a tremendous beating imo. Took him 9 rds to hit Ortiz, a much bigger and lesser target.

How often does he get hit clean? Watching the pained confusion on Joshua's face, trying to get his timing, I just see a lesser boxer like wilder getting pieced up, he may be more gung ho than AJ, that's why he takes a tremendous beating imo. Took him 9 rds to hit Ortiz, a much bigger and lesser target.

That’s one punch in 36 minutes we’re talking about. He doesn’t even need to figure Usyk out and he is indeed very likely to eat quite a few punches in the process. The fact of the matter is that he landed big on every guy he’s faced at some point. We’ll see how well Usyk takes it.

That’s one punch in 36 minutes we’re talking about. He doesn’t even need to figure Usyk out and he is indeed very likely to eat quite a few punches in the process. The fact of the matter is that he landed big on every guy he’s faced at some point. We’ll see how well Usyk takes it.
Sure, that's what makes him an attraction, white knuckle ride to the final bell. I just think it's a terrible fight for Wilder.

Sure, that's what makes him an attraction, white knuckle ride to the final bell. I just think it's a terrible fight for Wilder.

If the fight happens he WILL look bad, that’s for sure. The question is : for how long ?

I hope Fury's duck backfires and AJ leaves him in a heap.

lol he wont have to worry about hooks or uppercuts or combos, just a right hand, wilder will be made to look as very limited as he is, career ending fight for him
Wilder has more arsenal. Dynamite uppercuts in the clinch (itll be hard to clinch usyk though). His left hook and jab arent bad either. Big reach, jab to the body has snap as well.

Dangerous fight for both. Id tune in.

Everything is pointing to Fury having victories over Wilder, Joshua & Usyk when everything's said and done, or Usyk being victorious over Joshua, Wilder & Fury when everything's said and done.

So I would suggest that the stars are favorable for Usyk.

And I just made the experience not to hit the gym when you've been at McDonald's the day before, if anyone here cares about that info. Thank God they weren't short on toilet paper, otherwise it would have gotten unpleasant for the other gym members.

Wow. Usyk super dangerous fight. Can he KO Wilder? Every body Wilder ever fought he connects with and they go down. But can Usyk get back up? I got Wilder here and don't think people realize how good Fury is, and by extension Wilder.
Yes.

In order to make problem for Usyk you need both hands....
Best and most devastating punch soviet boxing school had is....counter vs straight right in moment when you attempt to KO an opponent with full power straight to head...

Usyk not likely might had KOed for example Holyfield...
Wilder? Yeah, there are chances...

It’s clearly a dangerous fight but I tend to agree with you. You can’t generate any power if you’re off balance, and I think usyk with have him falling over his feet most of the fight, seeing how much he struggles with furys footwork. This is a horrible fight for wilder

I’d definitely like to see it, but I don’t think there’s much chance in this happening. He’ll fight fury next, probably the middle of next year. Then he’ll have mandatories he’ll have to take

It’s clearly a dangerous fight but I tend to agree with you. You can’t generate any power if you’re off balance, and I think usyk with have him falling over his feet most of the fight, seeing how much he struggles with furys footwork. This is a horrible fight for wilder

I’d definitely like to see it, but I don’t think there’s much chance in this happening. He’ll fight fury next, probably the middle of next year. Then he’ll have mandatories he’ll have to take
Wilder will need to reverse the game plan by about 4 years and remember that he has a ridiculously potent, quick jab, with absurd length behind it. With his wide base and pumping that reach out he can make it much more difficult to style on him with movement.

That said, I wont hold my breath lmao. His best chance is his deceiving (and dare I say underrated?) uppercut/hook slips.

A good strategy is to utilise punching. The winner of the fight will be the winner of the fight. It is a fight.

Wilder will need to reverse the game plan by about 4 years and remember that he has a ridiculously potent, quick jab, with absurd length behind it. With his wide base and pumping that reach out he can make it much more difficult to style on him with movement.

That said, I wont hold my breath lmao. His best chance is his deceiving (and dare I say underrated?) uppercut/hook slips.

Yeah He’d definitely need to go back to basics to win this fight. Trying to pot shot usyk with his straight right, no set up, just isn’t gonna work like some seem to think. He’s got the tools but like you say, he’s always looking for that ko, and forgetting his fundamentals. Will be interesting to see how he looks against helanius, and whether he goes back to basics, or back to the proverbial well!

I got Usyk by TKO if this happens. I’m gonna be that guy.

Reactions: Ruv
In before people cry about Wilder ducking Ruiz to take a fight for more money, bigger gate, bigger PPV or TV #s/ revenue, a tougher test, a better opponent, and another shot at the belt.

...what are you talking about? You cant duck a Ruiz to fight a more dangerous Usyk

FFS...

Back