Usyk vs Tyrone Spong Dazn confirmed Oct 12th

Guarantee Spong is making more than he ever has for a boxing match here and his upside is tremendous if he pulled off the upset. It would instantly put him on the map.

honestly I don’t think so, Usyk is not a big name and way too dangerous. This could very well be spong’s last credible fight in his career. If he were to beat usyk you can guarantee the “see he wasn’t that good to begin with” comments to start flying around.

the only good thing is he is getting paid well and will never be paid like this again so it’s probably a cashing out for him.

Just u think so.

It’s true though. We know him, we love boxing. But ask around your home, or friends. Canelo, Ruiz, wilder, Joshua, Pacquiao.

shit most people outside boxing don’t know who loma or Crawford are. Usyk is an unknown and a monster risk for absolutely everyone right now.

honestly I don’t think so, Usyk is not a big name and way too dangerous. This could very well be spong’s last credible fight in his career. If he were to beat usyk you can guarantee the “see he wasn’t that good to begin with” comments to start flying around.

the only good thing is he is getting paid well and will never be paid like this again so it’s probably a cashing out for him.
Check out the WBO's heavyweight rankings and tell me that beating Usyk wouldn't be lucrative.
https://box.live/world-rankings/wbo/

If he were to beat usyk you can guarantee the “see he wasn’t that good to begin with” comments to start flying around.

Sorry I have to say if Spong wins then Usyk wasn't very good. I mean it's not like CW was a strong division to begin with.

, Usyk is not a big name
Usyk is a huge name....

He's one of the 5-10 most renowned fighters on the planet.

He held 6(six) titles at one time. I don't remember anyone ever doing that....

Almost literally everyone sees him as top 5 p4p.

Check out the WBO's heavyweight rankings and tell me that beating Usyk wouldn't be lucrative.
https://box.live/world-rankings/wbo/

Of course it would be lucrative but the actual chance of Spong beating Usyk in my book is lower than the odds say. It would be lucrative in the sense that any big win for Spong would be good for him but I just don’t see it as a huge life changing win for Spong yet the loss can actually be life changing because he may never fight again.

Sorry I have to say if Spong wins then Usyk wasn't very good. I mean it's not like CW was a strong division to begin with.

this is exactly the point I’m making. Usyk hasn’t penetrated the minds of the boxing audience in a way that if he loses they would lose their shit at the impossibility they just witnessed. They would just brush it aside as a “he wasn’t that good to begin with” and no one will give Spong his deserved credit that we fans know he would deserve because we know how good Usyk is.

I think Usyk right now is a horrible fight for anyone. Not a lot to win a a shitload to lose. I’m happy as a fan though, Spong is always there to fight.

Of course it would be lucrative but the actual chance of Spong beating Usyk in my book is lower than the odds say. It would be lucrative in the sense that any big win for Spong would be good for him but I just don’t see it as a huge life changing win for Spong yet the loss can actually be life changing because he may never fight again.
Disagree. It would put him in line for a shot at Ruiz. I agree it's unlikely.

Wow I don’t see that. If he were to get an instant shot after that then that would be great but I don’t see it. It would be great if Spong got the chance though

Unlikely?

Conor McGregor vs Floyd was basically on par with this...

Unlikely is more than an understatement

If you'te gonna troll at least make it realistic!

To every knowledgeable and unbiased boxing fan - they knew Cruiserweight was one of the strongest divisions in boxing full of big punching beasts!

Usyk, Gassiev, Breidis, Lebedev; Glowacki, Drozd, Bellew, Hunter, Dorticos, Huck, Makabu, Kudrayshov.. .. .

Usyk cleaned out a monster division.

I remember at the time on other boxing forums .. Cruiserweight was voted the strongest division in boxing in polls.

Keep hating

Last edited:
A lot of people see cruisers as too far for LHW and too small for HW, it’s a division that was ruled by Fabrice Tiozzo for a while for gods sake, by nothing more than basic boxing.

I am not saying that’s the case right now but in the mind of a lot of people that’s what the cruiserweight division is

To every knowledgeable and unbiased boxing fan - they knew Cruiserweight was one of the strongest divisions in boxing full of big punching beasts!

Usyk, Gassiev, Breidis, Lebedev; Glowacki, Drozd, Bellew, Hunter, Dorticos, Huck, Makabu, Kudrayshov.. .. .

I remember at the time on other boxong forums .. Cruiserweight was voted the strongest division in boxing in polls.

Keep hating
I like both Cruiser and Light Heavy right now

Not a ton of name value but everybody is fighting each other at cruiser and 175 while being fractured has a good amount of depth coming....Gilberto Ramirez in the mix coming up too i believe which will be quite interesting, he's a sneaky 40-0 fighter

Wow I don’t see that. If he were to get an instant shot after that then that would be great but I don’t see it. It would be great if Spong got the chance though
Usyk is ranked as Ruiz's number 1 contender. Why wouldn't beating Usyk get you a chance at Ruiz?

I remember at the time on other boxong forums .. Cruiserweight was voted the strongest division in boxing in polls.

Keep hating

Not impressed with those names. Gassiev is your typical paint by numbers come forward "Russian" who, if you stand in front of him and let him punch you, looks like an all-world killer. Once he runs into a decent boxer he looks lost. That's exactly what happened when he ran into Usyk.

Bellew? Enough said.

Wilder could cut enough weight to make cruiser and he'd KO the top 3 in one night and then the next 4-6 the next night.

I'm not hating Usyk is good but recognize the quality of the division for what it is instead of fanboying. Just because some members on a forum rank a division as strong doesn't mean a lot. Most of those voting could be from the regions these fighters are from so there could be bias.

this is exactly the point I’m making. Usyk hasn’t penetrated the minds of the boxing audience in a way that if he loses they would lose their shit at the impossibility they just witnessed. They would just brush it aside as a “he wasn’t that good to begin with” and no one will give Spong his deserved credit that we fans know he would deserve because we know how good Usyk is.

I think Usyk right now is a horrible fight for anyone. Not a lot to win a a shitload to lose. I’m happy as a fan though, Spong is always there to fight.

What else can you say if Spong does end up beating Usyk? Someone who was predominately a kickboxer should not be able to come in and beat the guy who cleaned out the CW division. Either that means Spong is someone who comes along once every 100 years or Usyk, and the CW division, just aren't that special.

Usyk is ranked as Ruiz's number 1 contender. Why wouldn't beating Usyk get you a chance at Ruiz?
even if he wasn't ranked 1. Uysk is a pretty big name even if he is moving up. the move up probably isn't a big deal he'll just not cut as much weight or have to worry has no limit to what he can bulk to

Back