Usyk vs Takam Oct.12 Chicago DAZN

Holyfield fought 6 times in just over 2 years before challenging for the HW title. Usyk should at least get 3-4 fights under his belt before doing the same.
Different HW era, Usyk likely only needs 1 more after the Takam fight, and I expect he'll only get that one.

Different HW era, Usyk likely only needs 1 more after the Takam fight, and I expect he'll only get that one.
Depends how he plays his cards right.

If he dominates Takam in every round or finish him quicker than AJ, he can talk shit on social media how he did better against him than AJ.

Easiest instant road to a title shot ever. No need for another fight. However, It’s not in usyk’s personality.

Not gonna happen, but I think Usyk needs live experience against a truly huge MFer before facing any of the top five. To that end, I'd like him to box Joyce's head off again (I mean, he already did it in the semi-pro atmosphere of WSB) over twelve.

Seeing him do a number on a live big bastard over the championship distance would make me a lot more confident about his chances against the dreadnoughts of the division. Like I said though, how much you think Joyce would want for that ATM? Silly fucking money. This is gonna make it hard for him to get the experience he needs, IMO.

Whyte's a cheating sod but he apparently had to be on PPV to get his pay demands met, imagine what someone with a viable chance at a title shot would want to face the undisputed champ from a division below who might embarrass you all night?

Who's Usyk's promoter now?

@KillerIsBack V2

I meant he will probably only get the Takam fight and then it will be AJ provided he gets his belts back

@KillerIsBack V2

I meant he will probably only get the Takam fight and then it will be AJ provided he gets his belts back

I think that’s what will happen. I’d prefer him to have at least one more fight after though. A step up from takam and someone who’s physically bigger.

Holyfield fought 6 times in just over 2 years before challenging for the HW title. Usyk should at least get 3-4 fights under his belt before doing the same.

But look at the HW division when Holyfield entered. Full of absolute killers! I agree Usyk should take 2-3 fights but that should really be enough to challenge for the titles.

But look at the HW division when Holyfield entered. Full of absolute killers! I agree Usyk should take 2-3 fights but that should really be enough to challenge for the titles.
It was a better division, but I just think he needs more prep than just Takam. This is a bit unrealistic, but I’d love to see home go through 2 or 3 of Price, Povetkin, Joyce or Whyte after Takam. Obviously not going to happen, but it is the sort of line up he’d have faced in an earlier era. Just think, one of Lennox Lewis’s fights between reigns was Ray Mercer. And Tommy Morrison, too.

And I’m not joking about Price, either. Physically he’s as close as you get to Fury or Wilder, but he doesn’t present near the danger. If he has a rough outing there maybe it’s time to move back down.

It was a better division, but I just think he needs more prep than just Takam. This is a bit unrealistic, but I’d love to see home go through 2 or 3 of Price, Povetkin, Joyce or Whyte after Takam. Obviously not going to happen, but it is the sort of line up he’d have faced in an earlier era. Just think, one of Lennox Lewis’s fights between reigns was Ray Mercer. And Tommy Morrison, too.

And I’m not joking about Price, either. Physically he’s as close as you get to Fury or Wilder, but he doesn’t present near the danger. If he has a rough outing there maybe it’s time to move back down.

Agree. I was so wrong about Price. Back then I really thought he would enter world class and be one of the best .Such a promising talent back then.

Damn, that sucks. I'd imagine they'd have to deal with another promoter/manager if they're gonna find Usyk a fight though.
Yeah I don't know why this has made it a no go as I don't know this guy Joe DeGuardia. Hopefully if it's not Takam it's someone on his level and not some no hoper.

Yeah I don't know why this has made it a no go as I don't know this guy Joe DeGuardia. Hopefully if it's not Takam it's someone on his level and not some no hoper.
Yeah, all the Matchroom HW's are either booked, coming off big losses, way below Usyk, or Usyk has already beaten them at cruiserweight.

Yeah, all the Matchroom HW's are either booked, coming off big losses, way below Usyk, or Usyk has already beaten them at cruiserweight.
I hope we don't get Usyk vs Dave Allen.....

Perfect opponent.

Usyk will out box Takam all night.

Usyks issues will come against the taller / bigger HW's.

Why do I think we’ll see him against Joey Dawejko or someone on that level?

Back