Rumored USYK TO FIGHT IN THE UFC???

Rather see him fight Joe joyce then maybe deontay Wilder or Andy ruiz

No they're not, not by a long shot.

With some TDD, Usyk would crush most of the division.

kj8i92b.gif
Lmao you have no idea what you’re talking about

Tim Sylvia

Worse IQ than Tito Ortiz

it’s academic. I came from boxing

Dana and the UFC do have a boxing license, so, something isn't entirely outside the realm of possibility

Lmao you have no idea what you’re talking about

Tim Sylvia

Worse IQ than Tito Ortiz

it’s academic. I came from boxing

You're a Conor groupie, therefore your opinion on basically anything is null and void. Boxing fan my arse.

Let me know what MMA fighter has done better in boxing, than the fuck load of success that boxing has had in MMA, everything from a 50 year old Mercer icing a UFC champ, to Cody, and Yan essentially winning their fights with basic amateur boxing.

giphy.gif

003_Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg

Hes gonna get crushed with no takedown defense. He's not a power puncher so wrestlers probably wont be intimidated by his boxing that much and will just smother him

Hes gonna get crushed with no takedown defense. He's not a power puncher so wrestlers probably wont be intimidated by his boxing that much and will just smother him
He has wrestling experience from when he was younger so I wouldn't dismiss his TDD ability.

LOL, he can more money in boxing where he is at a championship level, why get embarrassed for less money?

I wouldn’t mind this. Usyk is in limbo, too good and already conquered his real division but undersized for the one he is competing in, I just don’t see him beating fury or Joshua (even though he is a better boxer than both)

he is athletic enough that learning some ground game wouldn’t be that big of a deal for him

but this is bullshit anyway, no way usyk is doing this.

How does that play out then?

I would just wildly speculate that if Stipe wins that they would match those two due to Ngannou's massive power and punches. Ngannou is a show on the feet and Stipe most likely will win by grappling if he does win. So put him in with someone guaranteed not to wrestle. They would probably try to sell the boxing match because Ngannou would ragdoll or chop the guys leg off in MMA. I really don't watch much boxing but I would expect the boxer to win. Very rarely would I bet against someone in their own sport.

I don't really think anything will come of it. But I think if Dana tries boxing that could be a fun crossover fight and a lot of UFCers really seem to want to box.

Usyk would get destroyed in the UFC. He's not particularly athletic, nor explosive. He's really technical as a boxer, but I feel like he'd get overwelmed by a bigger stronger HW. I do think guys like Joshua and Dillian Whyte could become HW champ in the UFC.
Usyk is probably 220lbs right now. He could cut to 205 and fight as a LHW in the UFC. And if he was to learn how to prevent takedowns he could do very very well as a LHW.

Back