News Usyk says that he wants Wilder if Fury won't fight him; will be ringside for Widler vs Helenius

Could be Uysk trying to force fury had as he has been pretty quiet on the AJ fight last few days

oh I think so. Surely if usyks next fight is not against fury it would have to me a mandatory. He’ll possibly have to drop a belt to fight wilder, which he’s clearly not gonna do. It’s all about getting fury in the ring with him

I assume thats a dig at me.......i would NOT discredit wilder IF he BEATS some top HW ie AJ / UYSK / WHITE / JOYCE / PARKER my problem has always been that he hasn't beaten any top HW his best win being ortiz despite being champion for so long and having so many title defences against sub par opponents.

For the record if he beats Ruiz he equals what AJ did if he beats Uysk doesn't mean he beats AJ, same as if AJ beats Fury doesnt mean Fury cant beat Uysk as styles makes fights.

Also unlike many I was following Ruiz before the first AJ fight after he beat Dimitrenko he was in great shape training there his footwork speed was unbelievable. He has never been in that shape before or after.
A draw against Fury and 2 devastating wins against a younger version of a shot Ortiz who just gave "in shape with abs Ruiz" hell is just as good as of an accomplishment as beating non special contenders and belt babysitters like Ruiz, Whyte, or Parker. If Wilder beats Ruiz on the 1st attempt it surpasses what AJ did.
Looks like Wilder hopefully will be fighting Ruiz or Usyk if he beats Helenius. Both credible great options to stop people from crying the duck narrative.

same the other way. both sides will argue their man was more shot than the other blah blah blah
Wilder could get stopped by Ruiz and that would still mean he could be just as good as AJ still....That would only be fair to still question it right? Especially since AJ was stopped by Ruiz on his 1st go.

oh I think so. Surely if usyks next fight is not against fury it would have to me a mandatory. He’ll possibly have to drop a belt to fight wilder, which he’s clearly not gonna do. It’s all about getting fury in the ring with him
Could be Uysk trying to force fury had as he has been pretty quiet on the AJ fight last few days

How does this leverage a Fury fight in anyway? You guys are going to have to walk me through this one.... I dont see this helping to make a Usyk vs Fury fight one bit.

Reactions: MT5
How does this leverage a Fury fight in anyway? You guys are going to have to walk me through this one.... I dont see this helping to make a Usyk vs Fury fight one bit.
General opinion in the UK is Fury doesn't really wanted the AJ fight before Uysk and was just doing his usual talking rubbish trying to get Uysk to fight on his terms........if uysk fights wilder (and wins) he will likely need to fight the winner of Joyce/Parker after that and just delays / makes impossible the unification fight which Fury is after. So this is probably a move to try and get fury to agree to a early 2023 fight and not fight AJ in Dec

A draw against Fury and 2 devastating wins against a younger version of a shot Ortiz who just gave "in shape with abs Ruiz" hell is just as good as of an accomplishment as beating non special contenders and belt babysitters like Ruiz, Whyte, or Parker. If Wilder beats Ruiz on the 1st attempt it surpasses what AJ did.
Looks like Wilder hopefully will be fighting Ruiz or Usyk if he beats Helenius. Both credible great options to stop people from crying the duck narrative.
Ahh yes i keep forgetting a draw against a former HW champion who 12 months prior was over 400lb and drinking 100 pints a week is far better than unifying 4 HW belts beating undefeated HW champion in the process.

Ahh yes i keep forgetting a draw against a former HW champion who 12 months prior was over 400lb and drinking 100 pints a week is far better than unifying 4 HW belts beating undefeated HW champion in the process.
That version of Fury still beats the best versions of Parker, Ruiz, & Whyte...Do you not agree?
Or at least can you say thats a fair non outlandish statement.....

General opinion in the UK is Fury doesn't really wanted the AJ fight before Uysk and was just doing his usual talking rubbish trying to get Uysk to fight on his terms........if uysk fights wilder (and wins) he will likely need to fight the winner of Joyce/Parker after that and just delays / makes impossible the unification fight which Fury is after. So this is probably a move to try and get fury to agree to a early 2023 fight and not fight AJ in Dec
Hmmm....Seems more like the guys who said the Fury/Joshua fight was a complete bluff are trying to explain it away as it seems more & more set on happening.

I don't see why Fury is under any obligation to wait for Usyk to be ready.

No obligation but it would be the correct thing to do, Usyk just fought and won a hard 12 rounder and wants time to rest before he fights again, something fury should appreciate considering he retires due to “whatever reason he comes up with” after each fight.

If fury is hell bent on fighting Joshua in December then good for him, just don’t use that fight as an excuse to not fight Usyk until 2024… we all know when Usyk will be ready.

No obligation but it would be the correct thing to do, Usyk just fought and won a hard 12 rounder and wants time to rest before he fights again, something fury should appreciate considering he retires due to “whatever reason he comes up with” after each fight.

If fury is hell bent on fighting Joshua in December then good for him, just don’t use that fight as an excuse to not fight Usyk until 2024… we all know when Usyk will be ready.
Usyk is scouting Deontay Wilder. What if he signs to fight Wilder?

Usyk is scouting Deontay Wilder. What if he signs to fight Wilder?

I think he would only do that if it’s a 100% certainty that Fury is fighting Joshua, as he well knows (as we do all) that if Fury fights Joshua then he will probably be off for most if not all of 2023.

I’m sure that Usyk would be game to fight fury after wilder if fury is not retired again

Hmmm....Seems more like the guys who said the Fury/Joshua fight was a complete bluff are trying to explain it away as it seems more & more set on happening.
Does it lol what has fury said this week about the fight? After AJ agreed to all his terms?

That version of Fury still beats the best versions of Parker, Ruiz, & Whyte...Do you not agree?
Or at least can you say thats a fair non outlandish statement.....
Not necessarily Whyte could beat that version of fury and Parker was unfeated prior to AJ. We will never know what we do know is wilders best result (according to you) is against that version of fury which we we are highly unlikely to ever see again.

Not necessarily Whyte could beat that version of fury and Parker was unfeated prior to AJ. We will never know what we do know is wilders best result (according to you) is against that version of fury which we we are highly unlikely to ever see again.
Hahahah totally disagree. Whyte beats no version of Fury ever.
Parker being undefeated doesn't mean anything...lmao. what could he possibly do with his style and work rate to beat Fury.

Here we go again......

Does it lol what has fury said this week about the fight? After AJ agreed to all his terms?
We will see. But im willing to make a friendly bet that this will get filed under the same category as "Wilder will never see another title or titleshot" debunked claim. ( Wilder on the verge of potentially his 3rd title shot after you made that claim).

Hahahah totally disagree. Whyte beats no version of Fury ever.
Parker being undefeated doesn't mean anything...lmao. what could he possibly do with his style and work rate to beat Fury.

Here we go again......
Going to leave it here as you have admitted wilder best result is a draw vs worst version of fury possible. As I said he can get credit when BEATS a top HW

We will see. But im willing to make a friendly bet that this will get filed under the same category as "Wilder will never see another title or titleshot" debunked claim. ( Wilder on the verge of potentially his 3rd title shot after you made that claim).
I made that claim after wilder retained his belt with a draw did I clown

I think he would only do that if it’s a 100% certainty that Fury is fighting Joshua, as he well knows (as we do all) that if Fury fights Joshua then he will probably be off for most if not all of 2023.

I’m sure that Usyk would be game to fight fury after wilder if fury is not retired again
Usyk is out with an injury though, so he wouldn't fight Wilder until, what, March? Which would push a potential Fury fight back until at least Fall of 2023. Whats the difference?

Usyk is out with an injury though, so he wouldn't fight Wilder until, what, March? Which would push a potential Fury fight back until at least Fall of 2023. Whats the difference?

The main difference would be that you know for a fact usyk would fight both, given enough space in between as you said, but he would. With Tyson who the fuck knows what he is going to come up with after he certainly retires again after beating Joshua, asking for half a billion to fight usyk, etc.

I’m guessing usyk knows just how difficult scoring that fight with Tyson can be and if Tyson is dead set in fighting Joshua then it really is the smart move for usyk to fight someone else.

I think it would suck for usyk if he were to wait for Tyson .

the right move here is for Tyson to wait for usyk, then fight in February, then offer that all brit clash to Joshua, which would be massively successful regardless.

Just thinking as a boxing fan who wants to see all of these fights happen, it would be very cool to see usyk vs wilder and Joshua vs fury with the winner fighting each other (didn’t deontay say he would fight Ruiz though?) and we’re also skipping helenius as if he were a push over.

I made that claim after wilder retained his belt with a draw did I clown
Sounds like something delusional a goof like you would say. Dont forget you didn't call it a draw until recently, you ran with the false narrative that he lost the fight....

Back