Elections USPS Defied Court Order For Ballot Sweeps: 7% of Returned VBM Ballots Missed Election Day Deadline.

Unlike the voter watching shit Rudy is desperately trying to push, this is an issue that could get messy in the courts.

Greensboro USPS only delivers 73% of mail-in ballots on-time despite court order

GettyImages-1228086135.jpg

GREENSBORO, N.C. — The U.S. Postal Service was ordered to find and deliver all undelivered mail-in ballots, but, in Greensboro, the local USPS admitted in court filings that their processing rate was 72.92%.

On Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan, of Washington, D.C., told the postal service that the agency had to search for any mail-in ballots still waiting to be delivered at 27 facilities across several battleground states.

The judge told the postal service that they had until Tuesday afternoon to make sure all of those completed ballot reached their destinations.

USPS told the judge that the agency reviewed all 220 facilities handling election mail daily, including the morning of Election Day. The postal service planned to conduct another sweep hours before polling places closed.

New data shows that the postal service was only able to process ballots at a rate of 72.92% in Greensboro on Election Day.

Greensboro was not alone. The postal service reported that cities in other battleground states, including Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan, had also processed ballots at a rate less than 80%.

https://myfox8.com/your-local-elect...l-in-ballots-on-time-despite-court-order/amp/

Greensboro USPS only delivers 73% of mail-in ballots on-time despite court order

GettyImages-1228086135.jpg

GREENSBORO, N.C. — The U.S. Postal Service was ordered to find and deliver all undelivered mail-in ballots, but, in Greensboro, the local USPS admitted in court filings that their processing rate was 72.92%.

On Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan, of Washington, D.C., told the postal service that the agency had to search for any mail-in ballots still waiting to be delivered at 27 facilities across several battleground states.

The judge told the postal service that they had until Tuesday afternoon to make sure all of those completed ballot reached their destinations.

USPS told the judge that the agency reviewed all 220 facilities handling election mail daily, including the morning of Election Day. The postal service planned to conduct another sweep hours before polling places closed.

New data shows that the postal service was only able to process ballots at a rate of 72.92% in Greensboro on Election Day.

Greensboro was not alone. The postal service reported that cities in other battleground states, including Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan, had also processed ballots at a rate less than 80%.

https://myfox8.com/your-local-elect...l-in-ballots-on-time-despite-court-order/amp/
Assuming it's cities like Milwaukee, Madison, Detroit, Philly, etc. That just raises Biden's leads

Assuming it's cities like Milwaukee, Madison, Detroit, Philly, etc. That just raises Biden's leads

Like I said to @JDragon , this is much more than just Biden or Trump.

Imagine all the local elections as well as the Propositions that will soon become State/County/City laws, and the very people living in that jurisdiction had zero say in it, when their ballots are collecting dust in a USPS basement somewhere.

I volunteer at our local precint every election to help them go smoothly, so it enrages me when I hear about ballots being fucked with in our country.

My wife got her absentee ballot the day after the election lol

Like I said to @JDragon , this is much more than just Biden or Trump.

Imagine all the local elections as well as the Propositions that will soon become State/County/City laws, and the very people living in that jurisdiction had zero say in it, when their ballots are collecting dust in a USPS basement somewhere.

I volunteer at our local precint every election to help them go smoothly, so it enrages me when I hear about ballots being fucked with in our country.
I agree... It would also affect greatly the Senate races in GA. That's likely the only shot for Dems in runoffs to win control of Senate.

Almost every time its Election in the US its circus time afterwards. How hard can it be to have a system that's idiot safe?

Why anyone would even trust mail in ballots is beyond me. I can't even trust USPS to deliver my bills on time.
I think we can design a safe and effective mail in voting system, but not in a few months, during a pandemic, in an election year.

Would dems want a hastily thrown together universal healthcare system in a couple of months?

This is some first-class bullshit! First they lost track of 300,000 ballots, now seven percent of returned mailed-in ballot missed the deadline because the USPS didn't process them in time on Election Day. Keep in mind that there are States that would not accept any late ballots received after Election Day, period!

This is well beyond the Red vs. Blue tribal circus in the White House. Think about all the State, County, and City elections on the same ballot, as well as all the Propositions that will soon become local laws, and thousands of people living in those very jurisdictions and directly affected by them had zero say in any of it, for their votes are worthless by the time they are found - if they are found.

I really hope Judge Sullivan will throw the books at Louis DeJoy for defying that court order.

USPS data shows thousands of mailed ballots missed Election Day deadlines
The Postal Service ignored a federal judge’s order to sweep processing plants on Tuesday after more than 300,000 scanned ballots could not be traced.

imrs.php

Nearly 7 percent of ballots in U.S. Postal Service sorting facilities on Tuesday were not processed on time for submission to election officials, according to data the agency filed Wednesday in federal court, potentially leaving tens of thousands of ballots caught in the mail system during an especially tight presidential race.

The Postal Service reported the timely processing — which includes most mail-handling steps outside of pickup and delivery — of 93.3 percent of ballots on Election Day, its best processing score in several days, but still well below the 97-percent target that postal and voting experts say the agency should hit.

The Postal Service processed 115,630 ballots on Tuesday, a volume much lower than in recent days after weeks of warnings about chronic mail delays. Of that number, close to 8,000 ballots were not processed on time, a small proportion but one that could factor heavily in states such as Michigan and Wisconsin, which do not accept ballots after Election Day and could be decided by a few thousand votes.

Earlier Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan of the District of Columbia had ordered the Postal Service to sweep 12 postal processing facilities that cover 15 states for ballots. But the agency rebuffed that order and said it would stick to its own inspection schedule, which voting rights advocates worried was too late in the day for found ballots to make it to vote counters.

The directive came after the Postal Service disclosed that more than 300,000 ballots nationwide could not be traced. Those ballots received entry bar code scans at processing facilities, but not exit scans. The agency said the likelihood of that many ballots being misplaced was very low; mail clerks had been ordered to sort ballots by hand in many locations, and items that were pulled out for expedited delivery were not given an exit scan.

“We know yesterday that if the sweeps were doing their job, mail that was identified as ballots and were in the system should have been pulled out and delivered, and it may be that affects what we see as the scores,” said Allison Zieve, an attorney representing the NAACP, which brought the lawsuit against the Postal Service with other civil and voting rights groups. “The problem is, in part because of the timing and in part because they haven’t given us all the information we asked for, it’s hard to know whether the numbers we saw today — the low scores for example in Atlanta and Central Pennsylvania — it’s hard to assess how big a problem that is.”

About 101 million Americans cast their ballots before election day, according to an early vote tally maintained by Michael McDonald at the University of Florida, with roughly 60 million others voting in-person on election day. Given the widely publicized issues with mail delivery, experts last week began advising absentee voters to drop off their ballots in-person rather than send them by mail. The high rates of early voting led to generally uncrowded conditions at polling places around the country on election day, although long lines were reported in some areas.

Sullivan had given the mail agency until 3:30 p.m. Tuesday to conduct the “all clear” checks to ensure that any found ballots could be delivered before polls closed. But in a filing sent to the court just before 5 p.m., Justice Department attorneys representing the Postal Service said the agency would not abide by the order, to better accommodate inspectors’ schedules.

Attorney John Robinson, writing for the Justice Department, noted that the daily review was already scheduled to occur from 4 to 8 p.m. on election night. “Given the time constraints set by this Court’s order, and the fact that Postal Inspectors operate on a nationwide basis, Defendants were unable to accelerate the daily review process to run from 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm without significantly disrupting preexisting activities on the day of the Election, something which Defendants did not understand the Court to invite or require.”

“This is super frustrating,” Zieve said Tuesday. “If they get all the sweeps done today in time, it doesn’t matter if they flouted the judge’s order. They say here they will get the sweeps done between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m., but 8 p.m. is too late, and in some states 5 p.m. is too late.”

Sullivan was incensed during Wednesday’s hearing over the sweeps, accusing the Postal Service of attempting to run the clock out on his order to avoid conducting the sweeps.

“It just leaves a bad taste in everyone’s mouth for the clock to run out — game’s over — and then to find out there was no compliance with a very important court order,” he said.

He said that at some point, he would order Postmaster General Louis DeJoy to appear before the court or sit through a sworn deposition, and intimated that he’d consider contempt charges against postal leadership, saying “someone might have to pay a price,” for defying his order.

The Postal Service continued Tuesday to try to track down the more than 300,000 ballots it said had entered processing plants but could not be traced. In 17 postal districts in swing states that account for 151 electoral votes, more than 81,000 ballots were untraceable. In Los Angeles, 48,120 ballots were missing, the most of any district. San Diego was next, with 42,543 unaccounted.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/11/03/election-ballot-delays-usps/?outputType=amp

I commented in a thread a few weeks ago that if you want to make sure your votes are counted then show up to the polls. Some partisan fool tried to make that sound like I was suggesting democrats were gonna rig the election. I pointed out that lots of mail-in ballots are thrown out for various reasons, regardless of your party affiliation, and of course said fool had nothing more to say. As we're seeing, that was pretty good advice.

Why anyone would even trust mail in ballots is beyond me. I can't even trust USPS to deliver my bills on time.

I commented in a thread a few weeks ago that if you want to make sure your votes are counted then show up to the polls. Some partisan fool tried to make that sound like I was suggesting democrats were gonna rig the election. I pointed out that lots of mail-in ballots are thrown out for various reasons, regardless of your party affiliation, and of course said fool had nothing more to say. As we're seeing, that was pretty good advice.

That's what I've been telling all my friends and family as well. If you want to be sure that your ballots wouldn't mysteriously disappear in transit like so many of your mails, do yourself a favor and drop your VBM in the official ballot box inside your local voting center. Hell, you don't even need to get in line for that!

Its too late for me to read all that, but did the USPS fail to post mark them on time OR were they sent by the voter too late?
From what I read, ballots were scanned entering a USPS facility, but never scanned going out of it....which means they were lost by the USPS in the facility somewhere or discarded somehow. The USPS refused to do a sweep of their facilities as they were ordered to do by the judge with the Justice Department attorney saying they had their own schedule for doing sweeps and couldn't abide by the Judge's.

A govt' run agency too incompetent to run itself? Well, slap me with a dildo and color me surprised...shocker.
Doesn't matter anyway, it's mostly Dem votes that should've counted...

To be fair the post office has been self sabotaging for decades.

You don't even know what you are talking about. USPS is one of the quickest and most reliable national postal services in the world. People from around the world visit our facilities to see how it is done. The deficits run by the postal services was the result of being forced to fund their pension program 70+ years in advance. No one does that. Fund a pension program for people not even born yet?

From what I read, ballots were scanned entering a USPS facility, but never scanned going out of it....which means they were lost by the USPS in the facility somewhere or discarded somehow. The USPS refused to do a sweep of their facilities as they were ordered to do by the judge with the Justice Department attorney saying they had their own schedule for doing sweeps and couldn't abide by the Judge's.

That presents a pretty hard case for them to be accepted. Courts don't give leniency to groups not following their rulings.

You don't even know what you are talking about. USPS is one of the quickest and most reliable national postal services in the world. People from around the world visit our facilities to see how it is done. The deficits run by the postal services was the result of being forced to fund their pension program 70+ years in advance. No one does that. Fund a pension program for people not even born yet?
Hahahaha oh man. My mom sent my kids cards for Christmas last year. They were sent the same day with the same post markings. Arrive a month apart.
I used to work next to a post office warehouse or distribution center. Smh at most of those thst worked therr having a job.

For those who are confused about the on-going court battles to extend mail-in ballots deadlines in the states that have major issues with mail delays:

Let’s start with D.C., Maryland and Virginia. Each jurisdiction will accept mail-in and absentee ballots that have been mailed or postmarked, on or before Election Day.

In D.C. and Maryland, that final day to be counted will be November 13. In Virginia, the final day is November 6.

But that’s not the case across the country, including in those three battleground states mentioned earlier: Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

All three of those states required ballots to be returned by 8 p.m. on November 3. Several lawsuits have been filed asking for deadlines to be extended in those states.

Here’s where they stand:

According to the U.S. Supreme Court, there was a request to extend Wisconsin’s deadline by six days. A lower court agreed, but it was appealed, and the Supreme Court refused to reinstate the lower court ruling. So, the deadline didn’t change.

In Pennsylvania, the state Supreme Court extended the deadline by three days. That ruling was taken before the US Supreme Court, but it was a tie vote which means, for now, Pennsylvania can count ballots that arrive by Friday evening. However, these votes will be separated from ballots that arrived by late Tuesday night.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...inues/65-6b2d2fb1-b600-48c8-aa91-1a4fa94c31bf

My take: It's absolutely ridiculous that each and every State have their own conflicting deadlines for a Federal Election, which are now turning into a brawl in each state's court system. Congress needs to legislate a same Federal deadline for all 50 states in regards to Federal Elections, much like we all have the same Federal taxes deadline no matter which State we are from.

Last edited:
The first election for a mass of mail in ballots. What could possibly go wrong?

And what did Trump and the GOP do about it over the last 4 years, if it was such a huge problem and all?

In fact, Republicans took action that actually exacerbated the problem.

Back