USMAN

If Borz is as good as his hype train riders seem to think he is. Then this is a pointless conversation. Usman gets one more win maximum.

Usman will never be the GOAT of the sport. He will never be better than GSP was either. He might be able to get into the #2 position at WW but that’s as far as he can go.

you really think so, I think if usman takes the average 3 fights a year and fights until 38 he can get maybe 13 more title defenses and that makes him goat no questions asked especially with how stacked the division is.

Styles make fights. I think volkanovski and usman will have very long runs in this sport. When all is said and done I think usman will be in the conversation for the #3 or #2 spot all time in WW. But GSP is the consensus GOAT on sherdog based on our goat poll. If you don’t mind peds it’s probably jones. Those are really really successful fighters who dominated for decade with activity levels much higher than usman. Much like khabib, unfortunately, even if usman beats everyone he ever fights he needs to take more than 1 fight a year to compete with the goats

damn well thanks for the info sherbro it really opened my mind regarding this topic.

<RomeroSalute>

usman has retard strength and i mean that in the most literal and political correct way. Usman is the retarded bully on the playground wreaking havoc

I like Marty, but he has to win a few more to be in the conversation. Plus, the guy is still very one dimensional. He's been able to impose his will on his opponents, but how will he fight when he can't? All of the GOATs have at least one fight wherein they're taken out of their comfort zone and get the win. Marty hasn't had that yet, but maybe Burns will take him there.

He has 20 personalities, very boring style. Footstomps and cage pressing for 25 minutes.. GOAT? He is a very good wrestler. But you can't force people to like him. Let's see if his style evolves. Not long ago he had to take down Emil Meek and lay on him (unranked fighter) because he was getting lit up. The famous 30% Usman.

Stop it. How many GOATS are there? Should be only one. Usman aint it.

damn well thanks for the info sherbro it really opened my mind regarding this topic.

<RomeroSalute>
l@nd0

Btw, this can be a fun website to checkout. It uses a mathematical equation to rank wins based on their records, quality of opponent etc, and gives wins and losses mathematical values, and ranks fighter based on the values. It’s not perfect because it’s not that simple. But it gives you a good idea of “what if we strictly based it off of strength of schedule and wins” http://www.fightmatrix.com/all-time-mma-rankings/all-time-welterweight/

When is he fighting again?

Unless if he changes his style from the wall and stall he will never be considered GOAT no matter how many boring decisions he wins.
GSP is considered the GOAT by many, and he laid and prayed a lot of his opponents.

you really think so, I think if usman takes the average 3 fights a year and fights until 38 he can get maybe 13 more title defenses and that makes him goat no questions asked especially with how stacked the division is.
I guarantee you that he will not get 13 more title defenses. Things like that simply aren’t discussed. If he actually did it then maybe. GSP is just a superior fighter though. Resume isn’t always be the all and end all. GSP still has a far superior resume at this point anyway.

I like Marty, but he has to win a few more to be in the conversation. Plus, the guy is still very one dimensional. He's been able to impose his will on his opponents, but how will he fight when he can't? All of the GOATs have at least one fight wherein they're taken out of their comfort zone and get the win. Marty hasn't had that yet, but maybe Burns will take him there.

covington??!!?

I guarantee you that he will not get 13 more title defenses. Things like that simply aren’t discussed. If he actually did it then maybe. GSP is just a superior fighter though. Resume isn’t always be the all and end all. GSP still has a far superior resume at this point anyway.

ya rereading it 13 title defenses from now sounds absolutely ridiculous <Lmaoo>

man I dont think chimaev can beat usman but time will tell i guess.

I specifically said what I said in reference to what a large majority seem to believe. I still don't know how good he is. But, if he's a future double champ or even WW champ. Then this is a pointless discussion.

l@nd0

Btw, this can be a fun website to checkout. It uses a mathematical equation to rank wins based on their records, quality of opponent etc, and gives wins and losses mathematical values, and ranks fighter based on the values. It’s not perfect because it’s not that simple. But it gives you a good idea of “what if we strictly based it off of strength of schedule and wins” http://www.fightmatrix.com/all-time-mma-rankings/all-time-welterweight/

damn this looks great respect sherbro

<Goldie11>

covington??!!?

I thought about it, but Usman didn't seem to go for any TD attempts. Maybe he thought the risk wasn't worth the return, but I feel like he just knew that he hits harder than Covington and welcomed the attrition. I'd feel differently if Usman did go for TDs, got stuffed, and had to fight on his feet, but that wasn't really the story of the fight.

ya rereading it 13 title defenses from now sounds absolutely ridiculous <Lmaoo>
Yeah lol we can’t look that far into the future. I’ve heard that he has knee issues and he’s simply bound to fall off at some point. Beating Burns, WB and then getting another win over one of Mas, Colby or Scott would put him into #2. I’m not a massive GSP fan but I haven’t seen a WW who is as good as him. I think prime GSP beats all of the current WWs. Same deal with prime Anderson at MW.

I thought about it, but Usman didn't seem to go for any TD attempts. Maybe he thought the risk wasn't worth the return, but I feel like he just knew that he hits harder than Covington and welcomed the attrition. I'd feel differently if Usman did go for TDs, got stuffed, and had to fight on his feet, but that wasn't really the story of the fight.

I still think that fight showed usman go through adversity as covington's striking is crazy underrated.

Back