USMAN

arabian_matrix

volk 3, 4, 5
@Green
Reaction score
how many more wins does this guy need in order to be considered goat? and who does he have to beat.

I think 5 more wins in dominant fashion catapult him to goat status and him grabbing the middlweight belt

thoughts?

how many more wins does this guy need in order to be considered goat? and who does he have to beat.

I think 5 more wins in dominant fashion catapult him to goat status

thoughts?
The only thing he’ll challenge for soon is “is he a top 3 welterweight of all time”. He doesn’t even have more defenses then Tyron at this point, though admittedly he’s been a dominant champion.

What was GSP at? 9 title defenses?

Let Usman get to that point and we can talk about his GOAT status . . .

no but hear me out, usman broke arguably the second greatest welterweight and broke him forever, he shut down masvidal and his hype train, and he beat covington in a fight in which he took damage and was still arguably winning the rounds though and kod him in the fifth. plus rda, maia, edwards, alves, moraes, strickland. his resume is ridiculous

no but hear me out, usman broke arguably the second greatest welterweight and broke him forever, he shut down masvidal and his hype train, and he beat covington in a fight in which he took damage and was still arguably winning the rounds though and kod him in the fifth. plus rda, maia, edwards, alves, moraes, strickland. his resume is ridiculous
Usman never fought Matt Hughes

The only thing he’ll challenge for soon is “is he a top 3 welterweight of all time”. He doesn’t even have more defenses then Tyron at this point, though admittedly he’s been a dominant champion.

top 3??? i think he is already the second best for smashing woodley who was a monster up until that point.

We’re atleast 3 years of continuous defenses away from him even being in contention for greatest ww of all time. Might be a while before he gets beat. Fights pretty smart. Dont like his style but the man is good at what he does.

We’re atleast 3 years of continuous defenses away from him even being in contention for greatest ww of all time. Might be a while before he gets beat. Fights pretty smart. Dont like his style but the man is good at what he does.

how many more wins before we consider him goat overall you think?

Depends who he beats and how he beats them.

GSP was 21-2 in the UFC with 12 title wins.
Usman is 12-0 in the UFC with 3 title wins.

I think based on this alone he's got a ways to go lol. Beating Edwards and Burns would do a lot for him but he's still a ways off.

At the rate he fights, 5 more wins will take 5-6 years. A lot can happen in that time.

solid point usman is not exactly the most active fighter in the world, but if he starts taking the given 3 fights year I think he may be youre goat in a few years.

I think 5 more wins in dominant fashion catapult him to goat status and him grabbing the middlweight belt

thoughts?

4-5 more top contenders like Burns, rematch Mas VS Colby winner if that ever happens.

When is he fighting again?

Unless if he changes his style from the wall and stall he will never be considered GOAT no matter how many boring decisions he wins.

Back