Usman will win standing.

• Thread starter Deleted member 583968
  • Start date
If masvidal can anti wrestle with good results early I think he takes it. Very difficult task though and I don't see him being successful, I say this fight will be a lot closer though. Masvidal 1,2 and usman 3,4,5.

If I can really pull my crystal ball out I see a knockdown for Mas too making the decision much more arguable just for fun.

I feel someone is getting TKOed this fight.

Most likely Masvidal, but Usman isn't so defensively sound, so there's always the chance of a really good striker finishing him as well.
Kamaru has the grappling to fall back on too if the striking doesn’t go his way.

If he can be as efficient with his Jab as he was against Gilbert, I think it’s a high possibility

Usman's chin finally cracking is a real possibility
Mas hits hard and accurate.
50/50 fight.

Usman has a solid jab but he is also very hitable. That first round vs burns was rough and Mas is one of the more polished boxers at ww. Usman best course of action is obviously the wrasling

Usman recovered well from Gilbert's overhand right. Gilbert has more power than Masvidal but Masvidal has slightly faster hands and better combinations imo. I still think Usman takes this
All burns had was that overhand jorge as many weapons at his disposal.

And no he won't win standing; it will be a repeat of the last fight, stand just long enough to close the distance, push against the cage and do just enough to not get separated. Maybe actually land a takedown near the end.

Masvidal will do better this time around but snoozeman won't take the chances he claims he's going to do (in order to get the finish).

I dunno. Usman’s fight IQ is pretty high, of course he’s not perfect but when he’s disciplined he’s so dominant. If he strikes with Jorge I think it’s going to be behind the jab and mixed with takedowns and top control. Usman for the win regardless.

lol Mas ain't getting finished from strikes by anyone in that division, least of which Usman. I don't care for the guy but this is just common sense.

Masvidal should lure Usman into a false sense of comfort on the feet.

Give him RD1 standing, let him think his jab is working, then come RD2, set a trap, slip-counter and KO Usman.

You can never predict a fight with certainty. I’d like to see Masvidal win. Maybe his short training camp was a valid excuse. Maybe he will put on a show. It would shake things up at 170..

I think Usman will try to prove a point and keep the fight standing this time like he did against Burns. If he does, I think it makes it a 50/50 fight. Usman has the power, Masvidal has the speed and combos. Usman wins if he wrestles but he'll be gambling if tries making it a kickboxing fight just to make a point.

Usman wins in a controversial split decision via relentless hugs and foot massages!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back