1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Usman will win standing.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Deleted member 583968, Apr 21, 2021.

1. I think Usman will win this weekend by striking with Masvidal.

I'm not blind and I can see that Masvidal is the better striker but I can't help but think that the diversity of his striking patterns will matter less as the fight progresses and eventually he will get countered with the jab and get tko'd. Masvidal will give Usman problems in the first two rounds no doubt but I think Usman has the chin to withstand it. It's very hard to bet against someone who has great cardio and can utilize his reach. Am I crazy? Btw, I don't like Usman at all. I was just accused of creating a "thinly-veiled Usman hate thread" last week when I asked how one would predict Whittaker vs Usman at MW. Anyways, I want to hear how the fight will play out.

IngaVovchanchyn likes this.
  2. Ironnik94 Silver Belt

I feel someone is getting TKOed this fight.

Most likely Masvidal, but Usman isn't so defensively sound, so there's always the chance of a really good striker finishing him as well.

alex21cms, BFoe and Sickbro69420 like this.
  3. Beastslayer47 Orange Belt

Usman recovered well from Gilbert's overhand right. Gilbert has more power than Masvidal but Masvidal has slightly faster hands and better combinations imo. I still think Usman takes this

mudrubble likes this.
  4. Pain4Pain Green Belt

Usman fought with a lot of pride against Burns, so he could get rocked by street Jesus but I doubt it. I predict Usman will wear him out for the first 3 rounds then really take over the fight in rounds 4 and 5 since Jorge's conditioning isn't as good.

IngaVovchanchyn and Sickbro69420 like this.
  5. Sickbro69420 Purple Belt

I don't like Usman openly saying he's going to trade and try something different this fight. I think masvidal gets into his rittem and sets that trap. Don't get me wrong. usman looked amazing in the gilbert fight but I don't like that he was cracked in the jaw by him not too long ago. I don't think ts is crazy to think that either.

6. Satan's Daddy. Brown Belt Platinum Member

Bet he figured a counter for that overhand by now, which would be his jab.

7. B-Level Yellow Belt

Usman wins another decision, and he will secure multiple takedowns.

8. Ch31ck Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I think Masvidal's concern over the takedowns will open opportunities in the striking for Usman. I wouldn't be surprised if Usman clipped him and finished him with GnP.

9. 13Seconds Silver Belt

Yes you are crazy. If there's one thing im 100% sure on, if Usman stands with Jorge longer than he needs to he's getting layed the fuck out. Masvidal is dimensions above Usman on the feet.

Alanf7, Duck Dodgers and KID Yamamoto like this.
  10. Roop Holstry Red Belt

I suspect that Masvidals feet got cracked in their first fight.

Usman by KO in round one (foot stomp)

Duck Dodgers and IngaVovchanchyn like this.
  11. Portland8242 Black Belt

Masvidal has never been finished with strikes in the UFC and you guys think Usman is gonna be the one to do it

lmao

Kamaru's victory is most definitely going to be very similar to the first fight.

12. HatKick Purple Belt

While I sincerely hope Masvidal will end this individual in a violent fashion, I could see Usman's striking being effective in round 4 or 5 if he spends the first three rounds working Masvidal with the wrestling. I could see Mas getting dropped on his butt by teh stiff jab. But Mas is a tough s.o.b. Not easy to finish.

Eric Jang and Kdup like this.
  13. Joseph_McBride Banned Banned

Burns was lighting him up before he gassed. Masvidal is very well conditioned, & extremely durable. Wall-n-Maul is Usman's best path to victory, with some takedowns mixed in.

He will get outstruck easily on the feet, although he does have to power to drop Masvidal if he connects cleanly.

Alanf7 and Kdup like this.
  14. Poser Caust Purple Belt

He will be standing in the middle of the octagon while buffer reads out the scorecards

15. Kdup Brown Belt

I think Masvidal has a huge advantage if it’s standing. And usman had a hard time getting him to the ground and keeping him there in the first fight. Mas has been finished once by strikes in 50 pro fights and it was an early stoppage that he immediately got up from. He doesn’t get hit a lot, and has a great chin. Masvidal gets a lot of shit here because he has a lot of losses. But they are all split decisions/decisions because he is not aggressive. Aggressive Masvidal Is a new beast. Finished 3x total in 50 pro fights. And not since 2009, Mas isn’t an easy out for anyone. There’s a reason Conor has never said his name, and is begging for Diego Sanchez lol.

Alanf7 and ironmansnap like this.
  16. Kdup Brown Belt

Finished by strikes once in 50 pro fights. And he immediately popped back up.

Alanf7 likes this.
  17. chillyoo Brown Belt

Usmans jab has come along over time and seeing him continue to grind and get better while Jorge was playing Political Patsy.

Usman by whatever he wants and It’ll be super necessary

18. I'm not disagreeing that Masvidal is the superior one on the feet. I made that clear. But I do think as the fight progresses into the later rounds, Usman will be able to catch up on the striking patterns and land a few jabs.

19. That's what I thought since the fight was announced but Usman keeps going around telling everyone he will finish Masvidal. I guess I bought into his words.

20. IngaVovchanchyn Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

Masvidal is pretty clearly the superior striker, but we've seen plenty of examples of wrestlers using the threat of the takedown to give them a striking advantage.

Phisher likes this.