Usman responds to Sherdoggers clowning his hairline

Bas Rutten gave Sherdog forums a shoutout during a live PRIDE PPV that’s how I found this place!

War shout outs!

I'll always admire him after the Colby fight . Don't care if it wasn't the most technical boxing that was a barn burner . Actually had Colby winning the fight 49-48 before Usman rallied like a champion .
How did you get to that score, 49-48? Did you have some 10-10 rounds?

Why the fuck don't you shave it instead of electric razor?
It lasts longer

I'm not a hater. You're seeing everything in duality. Just because it's not particular funny or special to me, doesn't mean I hate it or him. It's okay if people don't find the same things funny as you, you don't have to go out of your way to defend it. Just accepting it and not coming to his, or your own, rescue (hyperbole, like the swoon) would show a level of maturity and self confidence that people find attractive, as you put it.

I get not thinking it's funny; humor is subjective. But you went beyond not thinking it was funny. You were taking shots at people who did think it was funny as if they were swooning or were easily swayed people. To paraphrase your own quote here: 'It's okay if people don't find the same things funny as you, you don't have to go out of your way to attack it.'

Also, it's more than a haircut for the simple reason that he admitted he was aware of internet criticism of his hair and was having a little fun with it.

hch0vwnii9z51.jpg

looks fine to me

Looks ridiculous.

I get not thinking it's funny; humor is subjective. But you went beyond not thinking it was funny. You were taking shots at people who did think it was funny as if they were swooning or were easily swayed people. To paraphrase your own quote here: 'It's okay if people don't find the same things funny as you, you don't have to go out of your way to attack it.'

Also, it's more than a haircut for the simple reason that he admitted he was aware of internet criticism of his hair and was having a little fun with it.

There is nothing wrong with being easily amused. I am easily amused at times. Not this time though. This does come down to confidence, ironically. If you feel offended about being accused of being easily amused, then that says more about you, than me. I also used the word sway, because you only used to hear people talk about him not having a personality, but all of a sudden everybody unanimously think he's funny. Even people ITT have stated that they didn't used to like him. It's all good with me though, I have liked him for quite a while. I like most fighters. I'm not that picky.

Yes, he made that comment while getting his haircut. People talk to their barber when they have a haircut. That's a normal haircut. The comment he made was just the honest reason a lot of people go bald. He might get more comments on his hairline because he's famous, but he is definitely not in any way unique for it. A million other men will have said something similar to their barber, I imagine. That just made it a very plain comment during a plain activity, to me. Nothing wrong with it, but it just not made me go "Ha Ha Ha". I was a little surprised others were so amused though, so I made my comment.

Last edited:
Kobe held on to his hairline til the bitter end. When you keep it low enough it's hard to tell.b

This is the only time he's actually made me laugh. Much better than when he's try-harding.

Haha. I saw that. He seems to have a sense of humor about it. So that’s good.

There is nothing wrong with being easily amused. I am easily amused at times. Not this time though. This does come down to confidence, ironically. If you feel offended about being accused of being easily amused, then that says more about you, than me. I also used the word sway, because you only used to hear people talk about him not having a personality, but all of a sudden everybody unanimously think he's funny. Even people ITT have stated that they didn't use to like him. It's all good with me though.

Yes, he made that comment while getting his haircut. People talk to their barber when they have a haircut. That's a normal haircut. The comment he made was just the honest reason a lot of people go bald. He might get more comments on his hairline because he's famous, but he is definitely not in any way unique for it. A million other men will have said something similar to their barber, I imagine. That just made it a very plain comment during a plain activity, to me. Nothing wrong with it, but it just not made me go "Ha Ha Ha". I was a little surprised others were so amused though, so I made my comment.

Lol. Who pissed in your cereal? You are being combative over nothing.

As someone who buzzes my own hair, it’s annoying as shit. I’ve paid a barber on special occasions to clean up the back really well.
It takes me 10 min max to shave my head. Never thought of it as annoying. Only thing that sucks for me is how dry my skin is, so I get razor burn.

I'm just explaining myself. What did you want or expect?

I suppose less hostility or perhaps some appreciation for light hearted humor in an obviously light hearted, but that is apparently not on the menu this morning. Not probs, you are a good poster imo. Look forward to seeing you in other threads.

I suppose less hostility or perhaps some appreciation for light hearted humor in an obviously light hearted, but that is apparently not on the menu this morning. Not probs, you are a good poster imo. Look forward to seeing you in other threads.

And I made a lighthearted comment. I'm not the one offended and feeling attacked here. I'm still not offended, just because I go out of my way to explain myself. I'm a talkative person. And I did so because I think you're a good and intelligent poster, too, who I thought could appreciate nuance and detail, instead of a short "It wasn't an attack"-response. I guessed wrong apparently. No biggie.

Back