Usman ragdolled Twood but Cant ragdoll Colby?

Woodley has a really bad gas tank. He tries to conserve his energy since becoming champion. Kinda like Yoel doesn't go all out on take downs because he knows he won't make it to the end of the fight.

Colby has top tier gas man. Both him and Usman do.

Usman is simply a much bigger welterweight and his weight cut hasn't taxed him thus far. Because of that I definitely favor him at least 60/40 in this fight. The skill set difference is close to equal IMO. Colby has great cardio and an unreal pace with underrated striking, but is a small 170. I think he only cuts 5-10 pounds. RDA looked bigger than him when they fought and he is an average sized welterweight at best.

There is a decent to strong possibility that Usman comes in more emotional than usual in this fight and that could definitely favor Colby in the latter rounds if he sticks to his game plan.

Well 1st off Colby is fighting Usman not Woodley and if Colby was to fight Woodley just WB he would have venture cageside to do it because that's where TWood would be then he's playing TWoods game. And stop with that sh!t about Woodley losing to any decent wrestler like the man don't have wrestling chops..?
So basically, you're a huge woodley fan and hate Colby and your bias does not allow you to accurately assess Colby's skillset?

Please show me one instance in Wonderboy's career where he fought remotely similar to Colby? Colby leads every dance. Wonderboy does not.

Woodley fights nothing like Colby either, so pointing to Woodley vs Usman as any indication of how Usman vs Colby would go is silly.

Colby don't wrestle like Usman under Usman you pay for being under him, with Colby you just get back up...
Whatever, you still going to get tired. You are loosing energy if you have your back on the ground and you are loosing energy while trying to get up, only to land on your ass again. Lawler has big hands too but in the fight his hands were not very big because he had not energy to use them

So basically, you're a huge woodley fan and hate Colby and your bias does not allow you to accurately assess Colby's skillset?

Please show me one instance in Wonderboy's career where he fought remotely similar to Colby? Colby leads every dance. Wonderboy does not.

Woodley fights nothing like Colby either, so pointing to Woodley vs Usman as any indication of how Usman vs Colby would go is silly.

I'm a fan of Woodley huge is too big a word I don't have to show you an example of WB fighting similar to Colby because there is none my reason for bringing up WB is to show you how Woodley got him to fight his way. If Colby was to fight Woodley they do basically the same thing and just like Usman I feel Woodley is physically stronger and much better fighter.

I think Colby fights a whole lot lighter than Woodley by lighter I mean less intense...

I think people are overstating the RDA take downs. That wasn't until the 4th round of their fight and it looked like Colby wasn't expecting it and also didn't even care. I don't think he goes into the Usman fight with the same mentality.

Emil is a bigger boy than Colby and Usman threw him around like a lawn toy....
You gotta be a complete moron to even say this
Is Meek a fucking wrestler??

Morons spread the same shit you do now with Lesnar vs Cain,oh he's so much bigger and stronger.Fuck outta here with this bullshit.

This will be a good fight because both guys are pressure wrestlers with good cardio both are young and both are confident

I'm a fan of Woodley huge is too big a word I don't have to show you an example of WB fighting similar to Colby because there is none my reason for bringing up WB is to show you how Woodley got him to fight his way. If Colby was to fight Woodley they do basically the same thing and just like Usman I feel Woodley is physically stronger and much better fighter.

I think Colby fights a whole lot lighter than Woodley by lighter I mean less intense...
Colby would move forward the entire fight because that is how he fights. Wonderboy rarely moves forward..... He fights like machida... He waits for a counter. Woodley refused to figjt that way and made wonderboy come to him.Colby will strike and push woodley to the fence and work for TDs.... He probably won't get them early but that won't stop him from pressing forward.

Wonderboy couldve continued fighting his normal defensive way and probably easily won a decision over Pettis but pressed forward, made a mistake and got KO'ed.

Woodley's gas tank would be pushed significantly more by Colby than Wonderboy.

Morons spread the same shit you do now with Lesnar vs Cain,oh he's so much bigger and stronger.Fuck outta here with this bullshit.
Lesnar Cain is different since Lesnar was a wrestler but yes Colby is a wrestler Usman is bigger but it looks like he is on the Horsemeat plan which could hurt his cards meanwhile Covington is a cardio machine

The difference is that Colby's point fighting his obvious pitter patting around, quick td, guy gets back up, throw flurries quick duck under td rinse & repeat a Colby Covington fight. Usman will take you down keep you down and maul you through that whole session all the while sucking life from you until stood back up. Emil is a bigger boy than Colby and Usman threw him around like a lawn toy....

Wrestling is actually more technical than BJJ, although I'll get flamed for that, BJJ you have a lot of room for technical deficiencies that can be compensated.

In wrestling, posture, angle, head placement, hand placement, hip placement, knee placement, all have to be perfect, and still the move will fail if not enough force is applied in a single burst.

This becomes increasingly more difficult when you hit the next level, where you have to use chain wrestling, implementing a variation of maneuvers in a single TD with proper technic.

Colby has a technical advantage over Usman, and Usman's size will be a hinderence for him as the fight progresses, people comparing his cardio in the TWood fight need to remember, TWood is even more Jacked than Usman, of course it's easy to look like you have a good cardio against a guy whose carrying more muscle mass than yourself, while you control the pace.

Woodley has to much bullshit going on if you want to stay a champion

he’s doing a couple tv shows. Writing and recording shitty music doing movies. While Usman is just doing what a dedicated fighter does.

Colby is different. Woodley always had stamina issues. Colby never has and Colby and woodley makes styles couldn’t be more different.

woodley has a strong low kick.l but hardly throws it and a right hand. And isn’t aggressive.

Colby is active, makes you work the entire fight.

I mean Usman could hold him I have no idea. But Usman ,if he wins will look like a wet blanket clinging to top position and not doing a lot.

colby has many more weapons and is a rare fighter that fights for 25 mins.

Getting the take down against Colby isn't the problem (well, it is but...). The real issue is securing anything remotely resembling a dominant position before he scrambles back to his feet. The guy does not stop moving and never rests on his back when taken down (which is rare); he's on a hip, hitting underhooks and back up. I fully expect Usman to take Colby down several times, but I don't see him doing anything with it and if Covington spends more than 1 minute total underneath Kamaru I'll be shocked. This fight will be decided in a boring wall n' stall fashion with a decent amount of time spent at range with some uneventful point sparring. Usman should win by a narrow margin, Colby will clamor for a rematch, no one will want to see said rematch after how boring this fight will be, and Marty will ride off into the sunset to get his 'rassle on against a bunch of strikers that are on deck to challenge him.

Go watch Usman vs RDA rounds 4-5
Go watch Colby vs RDA rounds 4-5

Compare cardio.

Well said. Don't know where this narrative that Usman is going to gas is coming from. He has been in MORE 5 round fights than Colby, and he has looked much, MUCH more dominant and fresh than Colby in the 4th and 5 rounds. Half of the championship rounds Usman has fought were 10-8 rounds.

Getting the take down against Colby isn't the problem (well, it is but...). The real issue is securing anything remotely resembling a dominant position before he scrambles back to his feet. The guy does not stop moving and never rests on his back when taken down (which is rare); he's on a hip, hitting underhooks and back up. I fully expect Usman to take Colby down several times, but I don't see him doing anything with it and if Covington spends more than 1 minute total underneath Kamaru I'll be shocked. This fight will be decided in a boring wall n' stall fashion with a decent amount of time spent at range with some uneventful point sparring. Usman should win by a narrow margin, Colby will clamor for a rematch, no one will want to see said rematch after how boring this fight will be, and Marty will ride off into the sunset to get his 'rassle on against a bunch of strikers that are on deck to challenge him.

I'm not even sure Usman will bother. I think he just strikes and clinches with Colby and cruises to an underwhelming win.

Go eat dick b!tch ain't nobody talking with you..

i think the bigger issue for colby is that RDA took him down multiple times.

if RDA could take him down, usman should throw him around. it probably won't be easy, and styles make fights, but i wouldn't be surprised if usman just straight up outwrestled him for 25 minutes.

I just watched this two nights ago, RDA took Colby down late in the fight when Colby had about killed his spirit already and after being surprised by the TDs, King Colby shrugged off additional TD attempts and ended the round with a TD of his own against RDA. And this was supposed to be RDAs best round.

Because Woodley doesn't have any good movement or attacks to stop Usman from coming at him. Covington has good striking and is always active. I doubt Usman will ragdoll him as he has done with others.

Why might a fight between a pressure fighter and a counter fighter be different than a fight between two pressure fighters?

Back