News Usman/Colby 2 in November likely in New York

Who wins this WW title rematch?

• Total voters
its confusing, i dont think usman's striking has gotten THAT much better, its the confidence bc his opponents of afraid of the takdown

I think Usman KOs him late, but it will likely be an extremely competitive fight, Colby is the only guy in the division who has anything for him.

A source tells me Gaethje vs. Chandler will be the co-main for this event. ;)
Leon Edwards vs. Masvidal makes sense for this card also. If Usman gets injured- you can make Colby vs. Masvisal. If Colby gets injured, you can have Edwards jump in. UFC should always prepare for contingencies.

If they fight their perfect fight they can beat eachother on any given night

Two, homegrown, American fighters - one from Nebraska, and the other from Florida. Should be a good fight. I'm not sure Colby can overcome the challenge, however, as Marty has kept active, and he has not.

Not looking forward to all the shit talk but it's a great fight. There's no other good contenders besides Leon Edwards so I don't get all the complaining. Let them bang.

I believe Colby is the best contender, but there are others with a more legitimate claim to a title shot.
-Colby has only fought one person in the current top 15 and that was back in 2017.
-Burns lost to Usman already just like Colby, but he's the only fighter in the top 5 with a win over anybody else in the top 5.
-Edwards has the second-longest win streak in the division with his last defeat also coming from Usman but has only fought one person in the top 10.
-Thompson had the best claim until he lost to Burns as he was and still is the only contender with multiple wins over the current top 10.
-Chiesa has a 4 fight win streak going, but Magny is the only guy he's faced in the top 15.

I have Usman by KO/TKO, probably earlier than the first fight. However, it would be foolish to count Colby out. The last fight was 2-2 going into the fifth round. If Colby hadn't had his jaw broken in the third, maybe he could have won that fifth round. Won't be surprised to see Colby win a decision this time.

I also feel like Usman's cardio has regressed in his last couple of fights. He looked to be getting more tired than usual, and way earlier, in his fights with Masvidal and Burns. If that continues, then I could see Colby overwhelming him in the later rounds. I still think Usman's biggest weakness is his chin. Colby hurt him a few times in their first fight, and he got dropped by Burns. Won't be surprised if he gets finished in his next few fights, though Colby seems like an unlikely candidate to do that.

That's some straight up disgraceful coward shit.

I really hope Colby takes it this time.

Then next summer we'll surely get Part III.
What about when Colby did it later on for a fake eye poke.

How the hell is the poll close with Colby getting so many votes lol

1st fight was his best chance. Usman has improved since while Colby prolly hasn't or insignificant improvements at best

Two, homegrown, American fighters - one from Nebraska, and the other from Florida. Should be a good fight. I'm not sure Colby can overcome the challenge, however, as Marty has kept active, and he has not.

Colby trains year round. He says that 1 on 1 attention he gets at mma masters has been great for him and that he’s improved alot. So who knows he might try some new stuff with usman this time

Usman by being the more active fighter. Pathetic when the champion takes more fights than the top challenger, also when the challenger's only win is a fighter that retired. Everyone is better with Usman as champ.

I doubt this happens at MSG. By November, we'll be back to having all cards at the apex. Which means the smaller octagon.

Colby is the most overrated fighter in the entire UFC. Trash

Easy there, killer.
tenor.gif

Dissapointing how Colby didn't have to beat anyone but the corpse of Tyron, but oh well.

Hopefully we get to see wrestling exchanges before Usman knocks his head off this time.
He beat him right after Burns did, which earned Burns a title shot. Not that crazy tbh.

The real crime is Luque not getting a top 3 guy after finishing Woodley in the 1st.

Back