Using Boxing History as a Gauge....

TKDhasBin

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Moving up in weight is always a risky venture in combat sports....The questions that were answered at the fighters original weight must be reviewed again as he moves into deeper water. The punch which knocked guys out at 126 lbs......loses some of it's steam at 135-140....The ability to take a shot at 175 must be reevaluated when the fighter goes up to 190 and so on. The task of fighting against men physically bigger can be a very draining endeavor and can gas a fighter before he realizes it.
Bob Foster, Billy Conn, John Henry Lewis, Stanley Ketchel, Tommy Loughran, Jose Napoles, Sugar Ray Robinson and dozens of other fighters met their match by going up in weight....

Using boxing history as a gauge......I'm predicting James Irvin to knock out Anderson Silva on July 19th. Both fighters are claiming they want to stand and duke it out. I think at this weight Silva's power will diminish.....Irvin has very quick hands and flash knockout power....I think Irvin pounds him out before the third round starts if it stays up and they are swinging.

Remember....you heard it here first in the Boxing forum.....

Moving up in weight is always a risky venture in combat sports....The questions that were answered at the fighters original weight must be reviewed again as he moves into deeper water. The punch which knocked guys out at 126 lbs......loses some of it's steam at 135-140....The ability to take a shot at 175 must be reevaluated when the fighter goes up to 190 and so on. The task of fighting against men physically bigger can be a very draining endeavor and can gas a fighter before he realizes it.
Bob Foster, Billy Conn, John Henry Lewis, Stanley Ketchel, Tommy Loughran, Jose Napoles, Sugar Ray Robinson and dozens of other fighters met their match by going up in weight....

Using boxing history as a gauge......I'm predicting James Irvin to knock out Anderson Silva on July 19th. Both fighters are claiming they want to stand and duke it out. I think at this weight Silva's power will diminish.....Irvin has very quick hands and flash knockout power....I think Irvin pounds him out before the third round starts if it stays up and they are swinging.

I dont know. But if a man little know in Irvin knocks out Silva then it would hurt UFC more thanif they would have just let the night be and let Affliction hold the PPV without competition.

You may be right though.

If Irvin wins I'll love the UFC even more because it means that they aren't protecting their champions.

Well Anderson has never had "KO" power. His strikes are just precise and technically superior than any opponent he has faced. I don't see anything different from Irvin. I believe Irvin is just a tune-up fight for Silva. It's really a win-win for The Spider. If he loses, it's because he moved up in weight. If he is victorious, then he just beat a guy in a higher weight class which would further cement his status as P4P king. But I think Anderson wins this by TKO in the 1st or 2nd round.

if he beats silva that would have blown up really bad in UFC's face, but the fight should be entertaining either way

Nah man Anderson is far superior to Irvin in the way of technique and overall ability. Anderson takes this one by KO, the win streak isnt ending yet.

good post.

while i admire your prediction i think silva's length ends the night for irvin. i think his striking it too well rounded for irvin BUT....i do agree silva will find more than his match at 205 and his lack of elite power will not be there thus costing him a few fights at 205.

when i read that last line i was going to ask if you're greg leon.

Back