Useless people

You're living with your brother because you lost your license and you start a thread about useless people? Do you understand the irony?

All I was thinking as I read this.

Are you stupid? Nobody is too lazy to eat or will bring themselves to starvation if someone else doesn't cook their meals.

Doesn't eat, appears no have "no personality", lethargic.

Sounds like textbook depression.

Has no interests, lays around, doesn't want to clean, doesn't want to eat. Yep, sounds like depression. Weird thing is there are a certain percentage of depressed people that actually don't know they are depressed. I knew a guy that was diagnosed with clinical depression and he will look you right in the eye and tell you he isn't depressed.

Lots of those. Even the ones that have jobs. There are a lot of people that other than the 40h a week they work to get payed, they do absolutely nothing except sit in the same bar with other human slugs, talking about the same shit every day, drinking, smoking and eating like shit. No sport, no productive activity, no excitement, nothing. Lots of those here. And their jobless version is even worse.

You may not like her, but try to be cordial to her, for your brother's sake.

I've been staying with my brother for a couple of months as I lost my licence. We get on quite well, but he also lives with his girlfriend of 4 years. I've never been a massive fan of her, but I'd never really got to know her. Since living here (and this has been 3 months mind you), I've literally never seen her do any housework. I saw her attempt some sort of sweeping with the broom in the kitchen the other day (she looked at the broom and must have had a go just out of curiosity - you know, to see what all the fuss is about), and her 'sweep' was comically bad. She looked like a disabled kid trying to work a broom. It may as well have been her operating a space shuttle launch. She's hopeless, and literally gave up half way through sweeping one room.

She also has no interests, and I mean that literally. She works casually as a waitress and only gets 20 or so hours a week. The bosses always seem to end up hating her, which now that I've seen her in action, I can see they probably find her too useless to give more hours to. The rest of her time she lies on her bed watching TV shows on her laptop or lies on the couch and fucks around with her phone.

She also has no personal/conversational skills. You can't have a real conversation with her because she trails off or doesn't get the point of what you're talking about. It's not like I can't converse with stupid people, but she is absolutely devoid of character to the point that I can't even feign interest in what she's saying.

She literally has no hobbies, no interests, no motivation. My brother renewed her learner licence, but she's too lazy to even learn to drive. My bro gave up on that a year ago. She doesn't contribute to conversation because she doesn't really know anything about anything. I've never met anyone who has such a complete lack of substance. It actually annoys me. How can anyone be so useless and shit? I'll admit I'm more of a go-getter - I always try to be productive - but fuck useless people. Seriously.

I can't drown her in a pond, so what do I do?

cliffs:

- I'm staying with my bro and his girlfriend who is useless
- she can't drive, does nothing around the house
- no hobbies, no ability to converse
- in denial about her laziness
- epitome of useless, but I can't 'take her out'

Maybe the question you should be asking is why your brother thinks so little of himself that he's willing to settle for an unsatisfying and asymmetrical relationship?

Throw is a cool sounding word too!

Yo Ralph, below is a good example of irony. The bolded.

Ah, I've given her a chance. At the end of the day, you can't help laziness. And how long can you blame your failings on your childhood?

She did have a weird upbringing, but I don't resent her because of her personality shortcomings or lack of learned skills, it's her unwillingness to try and better herself, become productive and contribute.

She is literally 100% reliant on my bro driving her around, cooking her food, cleaning their house, organising for her laptop to get fixed when it breaks, ANYTHING. She's his fucking dependent and she's riding it out because at this point neither of them know any better. I've got no respect for people who can't even look after their own dwelling because of pure laziness.

And lol at all the heroes in here calling me out as useless just because I'm the one living with them. That I shouldn't judge her. Sherdog forums are filled with the most resentful and judgmental people around.

Fart on her pillow. Not because she is useless. Just do it because I said so. You know that now that I suggested it, it is sounding very doable and maybe even satisfying. Fart on your brothers while your at it. Pics or it didn't happen.

I do have a question for you TS.

If you're paying for rent, you obviously have some sort of income. Why does not having a license keep you from having your own place? Do you rely on your brother and his gf to drive you to work?

So how did you lose your license in the first place?

She would fit right in with Obama cabinet. Is she friends with Michelle by any chance.

TS may be oblivious to classic symptoms of clinical depression. I can't believe my oversight as well till someone finally brought it up after 13 pages. That's more the issue at hand and less his grievances.

Last edited:
what page are the pics of the brother's gf on?

Try and help her out with stuff the way she and your brother are helping you out.

Maybe she never learned any of that stuff growing up and had a shitty family. Don't be a judgemental dick and try to help her learn life skills they don't teach in school.

This. If she isn't messing with TS, and is cool with him living there, then she is a lot cooler than a lot of people in this world. Maybe TS thinks his self esteem needs to come from putting other people down, as his life isn't going as well as he would hope, and is open to mean spirited criticism from other judgmental people as well.

Maybe the question you should be asking is why your brother thinks so little of himself that he's willing to settle for an unsatisfying and asymmetrical relationship?

Respect, i was thinking the same thing. Unless he doesn't see it this way, how is he putting up with this shit?

Back