Useless people

...no. It's not. Don't assume any incongruity is irony. By your notion, if I were ripping on fat people for being unhealthy and I was actually fat myself, that's ironic.

you ripping on fat people for being fat, while not realizing youre fat yourself is irony.

aka youre useless and stupid.

and fat

Also, even if I were the useless one in this story, that wouldn't make it 'ironic'. That would make my story contradictory.

Try again professor.

Really though I'm sure your brother appreciates the extra income, it's a spare room anyway so no big deal. Try to be her pal though for your brother, don't be a dick.

I know what you are saying dude. My cousin's wife is kinda like that. She is probably not as lazy as she cooks and cleans once in a while but she doesn't work, is fat and getting fatter and her main activity is to go shopping. I feel bad for my cousin.

You're definitely not a loser. You're a type A with not much patience for slackers though. I honestly don't blame you. But again, she needs soul searching to do; she is content with her perpetual stasis/codependency and your bro is the enabler and ultimately it's not your business.

I'm not sure of what to make with the drowning comment though in which you should've kept to yourself. I don't see a bad person in any of this, just a person (or two) with a terrible crutch. An open dialogue with the three of you could be the hardest thing to do but maybe the only thing.

The drowning comment was obviously a joke. Albeit a nasty one.

If my brother actually came out and said he loved her when I ask, I'd be fine with it all. As long as he loves her, then it's not my business. But he says, 'yeah, kinda', or 'I don't know'.

He's the type of guy that spent 10 years in retail and rejected any management opportunities because of ridiculous career pipe dreams that he never once tried to execute. He's complacent to the point of fault, and she just seems like his old 'retail job' that he's not committed to, doesn't even like a whole lot, and just waiting out for something better to fall on his lap.

She wouldn't even know what to say if that situation ever came up. I'm thinking about bringing it up with her at some point if the opportunity arises. If you can acknowledge your own faults, it's the first step in rectifying them. As of now, she makes totally idiotic excuses for her laziness and lack of motivation.

I don't know man. From your description I kind of feel worse for her than I do for you. You sound more or less like you've got your stuff together. She doesn't. As hard as it is to live with people like that, it's unimaginably harder for them to live with themselves; at least from my experience. Some people just have incredible difficulty taking control of their life, for whatever reason, be it depression or something else.
Keeping this in mind might augment your patience in dealing with them.

TS comes off as judgmental, self-righteous, and ungrateful.

He could be right about this lady though.

you ripping on fat people for being fat, while not realizing youre fat yourself is irony.

aka youre useless and stupid.

and fat

Oh man, I must be fat, stupid and useless! Classic burn, bro.

Irony is all about intentions. If I was obviously fat and ripped on fat people, that would be hypocritical of me (hypocrisy - what most ppl think is synonymous with irony). Not all hypocrisy is 'ironic', it's relevant to the person's intentions and situation. If I know I'm fat, but slander fat people anyway (akin to your example of me being 'useless'), then it's most definitely not ironic. Hence the anorexic example I used before to highlight how that situation would be ironic.

If a fat person lived in a town called Burgerville, that's not irony. If a fat person lived in a town called Thinasfuckville, that would be irony. Try to apply that to your example.

I could go on and quote dictionary definitions and more examples, but I just don't think you'll get it. You'll think you will, but you won't.

Because you won't get it, and you think you do, you'll probably think that's also ironic. :icon_chee

I don't know man. From your description I kind of feel worse for her than I do for you. You sound more or less like you've got your stuff together. She doesn't. As hard as it is to live with people like that, it's unimaginably harder for them to live with themselves; at least from my experience. Some people just have incredible difficulty taking control of their life, for whatever reason, be it depression or something else.
Keeping this in mind might augment your patience in dealing with them.

This. TS will be fine after all this. That's his silver lining.

She and his brother are the ones who actually need the reaching out to (quite ironic) judging from the posts, and with TS being the only one with the proper head on his shoulder, it's probably best if he'd initiate a three way intervention.

TS comes off as judgmental, self-righteous, and ungrateful.

He could be right about this lady though.

Wait, if you think I could be right, doesn't that make you judgmental, self-righteous and ungrateful too then?

It's funny, because if you encountered this girl as a team member at your work, or if you lived with her too or if she was your family member's partner, you'd be judging her also.

When the shoe isn't on your foot, you're a fucking saint who looks past anyone's deficiencies and anyone who doesn't is just a prick.

if she is cute ill take her i got a house maid that we already paid 500 for the year for so i dont need a cleaning girl friend

if she makes your brother happy that is all that matters

Wait, if you think I could be right, doesn't that make you judgmental, self-righteous and ungrateful too then?

It's funny, because if you encountered this girl as a team member at your work, or if you lived with her too or if she was your family member's partner, you'd be judging her also.

When the shoe isn't on your foot, you're a fucking saint who looks past anyone's deficiencies and anyone who doesn't is just a prick.

useless people are people who cheat and cause trouble

my suggestion is your brother should find a girl a lil less attractive and a harder worker that is the real world my friend

Lol. You can call me judgmental if you like, but I'm not the one starting threads about a person who shares their home with me. That said, I have no problem judging people when it needs to be done. You solicited opinions on your situation and I gave mine.

The way in which you impute no good to her and no failings to yourself in a tense relationship raises an immediate red flag. That is what I meant when I said you seemed judgmental and self-righteous. You take note of everything you do right and everything she does wrong. Once you get that mindset, confirmation bias is just a bitch.

You'll also note I am open to the idea you might be right. Some people are just lazy, and it is a harder vice to forgive than vanity, pride, or greed. Still, a little mercy could go a long way. Cut the girl some slack. Even if she is a total loser like you make her out to be, dwelling on it isn't helping anything. Clean the house and enjoy living with your brother.

useless people are people who cheat and cause trouble

Man, more gibberish to try and spin what I'm saying. People who cheat and cause trouble are deceptive, untrustworthy, instigators, maleficent ...these are not synonymous with 'useless'.

'Useless' is quite literal term. You fail to have any 'use'. I could say that "your post was completely useless". Perfect example.

Lol. You can call me judgmental if you like, but I'm not the one starting threads about a person who shares their home with me. That said, I have no problem judging people when it needs to be done. You solicited opinions on your situation and I gave mine.

The way in which you impute no good to her and no failings to yourself in a tense relationship raises an immediate red flag. That is what I meant when I said you seemed judgmental and self-righteous. You take note of everything you do right and everything she does wrong. Once you get that mindset, confirmation bias is just a bitch.

You'll also note I am open to the idea you might be right. Some people are just lazy, and it is a harder vice to forgive than vanity, pride, or greed. Still, a little mercy could go a long way. Cut the girl some slack. Even if she is a total loser like you make her out to be, dwelling on it isn't helping anything. Clean the house and enjoy living with your brother.

But this is what I'm talking about. By that logic, you should take the 'higher road' with anyone you come across in life. I specifically made the point of saying I'm a go-getter -- I like being productive -- so I'm noting that my own traits are make hers subjective.

The whole point of this thread was to discuss useless people in your life. Not to drag them through the dirt, just as a point of discussion. Then, like clockwork, everyone attacks the TS from their own high horse as if they've never judged anyone before.

If there's no context for it, fine. I guess Sherdog is home to the most forgiving, mutually accepting people on the planet.

If she's hot then that could explain her lack of personality and social skills.
Girls who are hot don't have to develop that side of themselves like everyone else does because they get whatever they want and get attention just by being hot.

I don't know anyone that useless, but I do know a girl that is completely void of personality. My friend used to date her. We nicknamed her "wet blanket". She might just be an android though.

After analyzing this thread, it's very clear that you want to fuck your brother's girlfriend.

Not putting it as crassly as this but this is an underlying theme.

Have you ever seen "When Harry met Sally" TS (no homo). It's not possible for a man and a woman to become friends without sex becoming a factor. Given that she's your bro's girlfriend she should avoid flirting with you whilst he's out like the plague.

Comes across like your judgements of her are extra critical because you feel slightly rejected by her. Given that you haven't mentioned what your girlfriend thinks of her I think if you got out a bit more and met more girls you would be less bothered by her.

Also you said she is "supposed" to be looking for a new job but one day she spent all day in her room. How do you know if she was in fact looking for a new job?

To be honest I'm making a mental note of this thread. Next time a friend advises me to dump a girlfriend I'm going to think is it really because they think she's no good for me or is it because she doesn't laugh at his jokes.

I do have a question for you TS.

If you're paying for rent, you obviously have some sort of income. Why does not having a license keep you from having your own place? Do you rely on your brother and his gf to drive you to work?

Back