Useless people

heroes in here calling me out as useless just because I'm the one living with them. That I shouldn't judge her. Sherdog forums are filled with the most resentful and judgmental people around.

You wanted to drown her on your OP. Isn't that resentful and um,.. ironic?

TS kinda sounds like a prick. Get your own place if she annoys you that bad.

Lol at this last line considering this thread.

That's why I made this thread, I figured I was in good company with this judgmental rant I'm doing.

Maybe she conserves all her energy to give your brother the banging of a lifetime.

Not going into details, but they hardly go at it, he tells me. She doens't have any sex drive.

I personally don't know anyone who's that useless. So I can't really give an opinion on that.

...this is why I made this thread, dammit! She's --by far-- the most useless human being I've ever met. The fan in her laptop broke while under warranty, and she kept using it, knowing full well it would die at anytime. Then she waited until the warranty expired, the laptop fried, then nagged my bro to buy another one online and replace it for her.

She leaves bags of rubbish at the front door for days at a time until I take them out to the bin. This is bathroom waste, with her 'lady' waste in there, sitting next to the entry door. Because walking that extra 7 meters is crucifying, apparently.

She's renewed her learner licence 4 times. It expired everytime. My bro got specific insurance so that she could drive it, and she's still too lazy to take him up on the lessons. Usually, teenagers get their learner licence ASAP, and nag their parents to teach them. My brother bought her renewal licence, nagged HER to go on lessons, and gave up when he realized she was never going to see it through.

Should give you a pretty good snapshot.

Well, it's my brothers house. And as I cleared up, I'm not on the couch, I'm paying rent for the spare room. I don't know what she would say about me, but it couldn't be all bad. I cooked them dinner a bunch of times when I first moved in. I do all the housework. I'm either studying, working or at the gym, so I'm not home much.

I clean up all the mess she makes in the bathroom. I buy her doughnuts or treats whenever I go out for a snack run. I also pay more rent then her, and she's broke, so she'd obviously appreciate that she has more money with me there.

On one end you seem very gracious of your Brother letting you stay there based on your contributing factors you bring to the house more so than even your brother but on the other hand you are deeply resentful because of it.

I'd say either you take it down a notch and relieve some of your resentment and see how they respond. If they object then gtfo as fast as possible. There house; there conditions.

Not as bad as the "why do people take their job seriously when I try to steal lemonade" thread

Well, it's my brothers house. And as I cleared up, I'm not on the couch, I'm paying rent for the spare room. I don't know what she would say about me, but it couldn't be all bad. I cooked them dinner a bunch of times when I first moved in. I do all the housework. I'm either studying, working or at the gym, so I'm not home much.

I clean up all the mess she makes in the bathroom. I buy her doughnuts or treats whenever I go out for a snack run. I also pay more rent then her, and she's broke, so she'd obviously appreciate that she has more money with me there.

You seem to be drawing attention to her shortcomings to hide the fact that you subconsciously know you've overstayed your welcome and are probably an unwanted presence in their house. You try to justify you overstaying by convincing yourself that you're helping out so much around the house and you're improving their quality of life.

They say guests and fish start to stink after three days. You've been there for months. You should probably come to grips that you're actually the problem here.

pics. advice will be delivered once pics r in

I don't know man. This is tricky. On one hand you do pay rent and it's to a family member, so I do think you have some right to expect a housemate to carry their weight when it comes to chores and stuff. On the other hand, it's your brother's relationship and he chooses to be with her, so if he doesn't have a problem with who she is and what she contributes around the house, it's probably not for you to say what she should or shouldn't do. I'm not sure where you should be sitting here.

Have you talked to your brother about this at all? And if so, maybe something could be negotiated? Like maybe a rent reduction or something if you're the one doing most of the work around the house?

As far as her not having a personality and being difficult to talk to. That one is pretty easy. She does have a personality and maybe even a great one. But you said you didn't think much of her from even before you moved in? Well, the feeling is probably mutual and she doesn't think much of you, which could only be compounded if she sees you as an invasion of her and your brother's space/relationship (which she probably does). Thus she doesn't want to show you a personality cause she doesn't like you either.

Anyways, nevermind bringing this to Sherdog. Take it up with your brother and then maybe her. Just try not to interfere with the relationship.

thats your bros girl

stop comparing her to yourself

nope. this is pretty clear cut irony.

...no. It's not. Don't assume any incongruity is irony. By your notion, if I were ripping on fat people for being unhealthy and I was actually fat myself, that's ironic. No, it's not. That would be hypocritical, like I said before, but no ironic.

Ironic would be an anorexic me ripping on fat people for being unhealthy. The incongruity of me, thinking I'm healthy, ripping on fat people being unhealthy, is ironic as the opposite of what I thought about myself was true.

Maybe I'm more useless than I thought and you're actually dumber than you thought. We've all learned a bit about ourselves in this thread.

Had a chick try to practically move in on me, I was down at first because she said she would clean my house and shit. The first night I had her over we got into an argument about cleaning, whatever though if a bitch cant clean what good is she

Are you 17?

If not, there's no excuse for being there this long. Grow some balls and get your own fucking place already.

I don't know man. This is tricky. On one hand you do pay rent and it's to a family member, so I do think you have some right to expect a housemate to carry their weight when it comes to chores and stuff. On the other hand, it's your brother's relationship and he chooses to be with her, so if he doesn't have a problem with who she is and what she contributes around the house, it's probably not for you to say what she should or shouldn't do. I'm not sure where you should be sitting here.

Have you talked to your brother about this at all? And if so, maybe something could be negotiated? Like maybe a rent reduction or something if you're the one doing most of the work around the house?

As far as her not having a personality and being difficult to talk to. That one is pretty easy. She does have a personality and maybe even a great one. But you said you didn't think much of her from even before you moved in? Well, the feeling is probably mutual and she doesn't think much of you, which could only be compounded if she sees you as an invasion of her and your brother's space/relationship (which she probably does). Thus she doesn't want to show you a personality cause she doesn't like you either.

Anyways, nevermind bringing this to Sherdog. Take it up with your brother and then maybe her. Just try not to interfere with the relationship.

Why is no one taking into account that they likely don't want TS there in the first place. Regardless of if he's paying rent. Some people would rather have their privacy rather than money. Think about it, if you were living with your gf, and a friend all of a sudden started staying over at your house, even if he started paying rent, chances are you don't want him there.

You hear about it all the time between roommates who have their bf or gf over at the house all the time. Even though they might chip in with chores, rent or cooking around the house, it doesn't mean they're wanted nor does it justify them staying. TS's brother bought the house for him and his gf, not all three of them.

Thanks for the only rational and sincere response, you make some good points. I'm actually not sure why it bothers me so much. Doing the extra housework is annoying, but I can live with it.

I was trying to generate some comments about useless people in general. Maybe useless isn't the word...lazy. I can forgive someone who's just a 'dull character', and doesn't contribute as much as they should, ect, but she is the epitome of lazy. Today, I was working on a uni assignment and didn't realise she was home until 2pm when she creaked out her room to shower. She went back in there straight after. It's nearly dusk now, and she hasn't done anything remotely productive all day. She hasn't even eaten! This is her typica day off, in which she has 3 or 4 a week.

I've talked to him about it sort of indirectly. He'll whinge to me about something important she should be doing (she's supposed to be looking for full-time work) in which she inevitably never does. I bring up the aforementioned points to a degree, but without being too harsh. He knows the writing is on the wall but doesn't know how to proceed. They've been together for four years, they live together...he doesn't like pulling the trigger with anything in life, even if it's bringing him down.

Are you 17?

If not, there's no excuse for being there this long. Grow some balls and get your own fucking place already.

Ah, it's been 12 weeks. The arrangement was to stay there until I got my licence back and finish this semester at uni. I can't move without a licence.

Don't understand why you are so worried about it? Have you never fucking house-shared? Or that's not cool where you're from after 17?

She sounds fat. Is she fat?

Stick thin. She's too lazy to eat regularly.

I'm not kidding. We went to my mum's house for a few days when her dog died, and his GF was stick thin when we got back. She's been living off next to nothing while he wasn't cooking their dinners.

Back