Use "Hir" or Transgenders can get you fined by police

fromTheAshes KoSkater

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
https://nypost.com/2016/05/19/city-issues-new-guidelines-on-transgender-pronouns/

I used to be liberal but have become moderate politically and this is the sort of nonsense that drove me to it.

There are now laws in NYC that you can be fined for not addressing a trans whatever as their proper pronoun and not using imaginary prounds not linked to biological reality.

How messed up is this law??? So if someone comes into my work, looks like a female, dressed like one and I can not tell what gender they seem to be and accidently dont call them by whatever gender fluid term I could get fined by law enforcement. This is beyond banning hate speech or actions this is specifically taking away peoples rights and treating other people like they are above the law, above reality and can enforce themselves on others....thats called propaganda. I believe in science and reality and when you force someone to go against their beliefs and believe in ideology not based in reality this is called FASCISM.

The cusp of madness.

That's not propaganda, and that's not fascism. Just definitionally, whether you support it or not.

These are employment discrimination and harassment regulations. Just like you can't call a black employee a racial slur to harass them, you can't call a trans woman a guy just to harass them. Discrimination protections for housing and employment have been around for decades.

The updated regulations are meant to address “situations in which individuals intentionally and repeatedly target transgender and gender non-conforming people with this type of harassment,” Commission spokesman Seth Hoy told the Post Thursday.

“The Commission issued this guidance last year so that employers and individuals understand what the law says and to ensure that every transgender individual in New York City is treated with the respect and dignity they deserve,” Hoy added.

Sounds like a free speech issue.

The legal enforcement is in line with the city’s guidance on discrimination based on gender identity or expression.

The law appears to be discriminating by saying that specific pronouns can only be used to address specific genders.

PS: Story is from 2016. This gone to court yet?

Is it okay to go "reeree?" when they tell you what they are?

Teachers are already losing their jobs for not addressing kids as these false pronouns and fake trans names.
Schools really shouldn't be supporting the kid's mental illness.

Why even go to school?

https://nypost.com/2016/05/19/city-issues-new-guidelines-on-transgender-pronouns/

I used to be liberal but have become moderate politically and this is the sort of nonsense that drove me to it.

There are now laws in NYC that you can be fined for not addressing a trans whatever as their proper pronoun and not using imaginary prounds not linked to biological reality.

How messed up is this law??? So if someone comes into my work, looks like a female, dressed like one and I can not tell what gender they seem to be and accidently dont call them by whatever gender fluid term I could get fined by law enforcement. This is beyond banning hate speech or actions this is specifically taking away peoples rights and treating other people like they are above the law, above reality and can enforce themselves on others....thats called propaganda. I believe in science and reality and when you force someone to go against their beliefs and believe in ideology not based in reality this is called FASCISM.

This only applies to employers and landlords. They can just refuse to hire or rent to transgendered people. Problem solved.

That's not propaganda, and that's not fascism. Just definitionally, whether you support it or not.

These are employment discrimination and harassment regulations. Just like you can't call a black employee a porch monkey to harass them, you can't call a trans woman a guy just to harass them. Discrimination protections for housing and employment have been around for decades.
I get that you love coming on the internet to defend everything crazy, but seriously?

pronoun: her
1. used as the object of a verb or preposition to refer to a female person or animal previously mentioned or easily identified.

pronoun: him
1. used as the object of a verb or preposition to refer to a male person or animal previously mentioned or easily identified.

Day one stuff, friend.

How messed up is this law??? So if someone comes into my work, looks like a female, dressed like one and I can not tell what gender they seem to be and accidently dont call them by whatever gender fluid term I could get fined by law enforcement.

"The city insisted that accidentally misusing a transgender person’s preferred pronoun is not against the law and would not be subject to a fine."

the better question is did you really just hope no one took the time to read the article?

also you clearly dont understand propaganda or fascism,

better not to use words you dont understand.

I get that you love coming on the internet to defend everything crazy, but seriously?

pronoun: her
1. used as the object of a verb or preposition to refer to a female person or animal previously mentioned or easily identified.

pronoun: him
1. used as the object of a verb or preposition to refer to a male person or animal previously mentioned or easily identified.

Day one stuff, friend.

What exactly do you think you are proving? Do you think that any English-speaking person doesn't know what "him" and "her" mean?

And I'm not defending: I'm clarifying. NY doesn't want their transgender workers to be openly and purposefully harassed, and this is how they're addressing the issue.

Just say "hay you" to everyone.

Hay? Hay? Sounds like hate speech against all the barely out there.

How dare you.

That'll be 500 dollars, the proceeds of which will be used to fund the Department of Compulsory Pronouns.

"The city insisted that accidentally misusing a transgender person’s preferred pronoun is not against the law and would not be subject to a fine."

the better question is did you really just hope no one took the time to read the article?

Would these be the same racist police that shoot black people?

Well, I feel better then.

The law is shit. If they passed a law that said harassment of transgender people is a act you can be fined for, no one would bat an eye. When you say harassment can be using the wrong gender pro-noun, it seems foolish, and the phrase the road to hell is paved with good intentions, comes to mind.

These are employment discrimination and harassment regulations. Just like you can't call a black employee a porch monkey to harass them, you can't call a trans woman a guy just to harass them. Discrimination protections for housing and employment have been around for decades.
But they are a guy tho

I have already decided to construct all my sentences such that I only use the names of people in cases like this. Problem solved.

Why would any sane person live in New York a this point. Ridiculous cost of living and lunatics running the asylum.

Back