USADA vs NFL

Joe Rogan is 5'2

Story checks out.

1e8beb77c1f0eee6-600x338.jpg

Well,

He does help make the NFL Billions...

Can't keep him off the field that long.

One of the premier legends of the NFL, Peyton Manning, was caught with human growth hormone. He blamed his wife, the mainstream media protected his image, and the story was quickly dealt with, and the boy came out untainted. This is how you treat your superstars. LOL
I got to admit when i heard the UFC hired USADA I thought they would test everybody that Conor fought so they couldn't use and let Conor take PED's. It's a win-win for all. Conor continues winning, the whole country of Ireland keeps coming to his fights and Dana and friends still make boatloads of money. I'm really surprised that it seems to be somewhat on the level.

You don't know this.

I know bigger athletes giving bigger hits are going to give greater CTE that's just physics.

Force = Mass x acceleration.

I don't know for sure that PED's help prevent CTE, that's true, it doesn't make sense to me, have you got any evidence that proves this theory of yours?

One of the best players in the NFL just got a 6 game suspension for failing a PED test.

d25b1470-6091-4ba2-b52e-d8086f467b1f-patrick-peterson-trade-rumors.jpg

Patrick Peterson is an 8-time pro bowl selection and one of the best defensive players to ever play the game. Easily the best player on the Arizona Cardinals.

1) “League sources informed ESPN”. Not an official announcement or press conference with Goodell and/or head of testing agency.

2) No appearances on popular podcasts or t-shirt sales by head of testing agency.

3) No further details on failed test provided.

4) Suspended for 6 weeks.

5) No further mention of failed test will take place upon return, aside from a few casual mentions during initial return to competition.

Take notes Golden Douche

Dvdpqq8VAAAF4kj.jpg

usada doesnt work with the nfl duh.

Doesn’t the NFL commission handle their own testing and such?

That is like UFC doing the testing and filing out the punishments. That would be a bigger joke than USADA.

Yeah and their testing is a joke. They literally hand you a cup and say, "bring this back to me later full of piss". Between that time and when you actually submit your sample, anything could happen. Most dude's probably have a friend that's clean who makes donations for them.

Every year they pick a big name player as a fall guy to make it look like they actually "test" the players. Last year it was Julian Edelman, this year it's PEDerson. Peterson is still getting compensated for his time and games missed, make no mistake.

You get CTE from getting your brain rattled, PED's don't protect your brain.

PED's allow bigger and stronger athletes to deliver more power to their hits = greater CTE.

I think the current thought is that it's repetitive sub-concussive hits that lead to CTE. That being said it's a really new research area so who knows.

6 game suspension.....

Man the NFL is amazing. Everyone knows theyre juicing, so lets give them a little slap on the wrist and let them continue, while we masquerade as a "clean" sport.

Praise the NFL, wish the UFC did something like this.

6 games is HUGE given that the season is 16 games.....................................

It's nothing to scoff at.

I think the current thought is that it's repetitive sub-concussive hits that lead to CTE. That being said it's a really new research area so who knows.

I just mean you get it from taking hits to the head and you're going to take harder hits from PED powered players.

Here is a question. If playing in the NFL has a higher than normal risk of giving the players CTE, and PEDs have all the great mythical benefits that some people claim they have such as faster recovery, fewer injuries and etc, then shouldn't PEDs be encouraged to prevent CTE? LOL
"Mythical"?

It makes them bulkier, and run faster making their hits more impactful, the recovery allows them to get more hits in. you're dumb lol lmbo

I know bigger athletes giving bigger hits are going to give greater CTE that's just physics. Force = Mass x acceleration.
I am not denying the theoretical physics. I am denying the reality. What you have stated is an hypothesis based on theoretical physics, which is a reasonable one. However, you still have to demonstrate that it is true. This is why we have randomized control trials in medicine. To stop theories from killing people in reality.

I don't know for sure that PED's help prevent CTE, that's true, it doesn't make sense to me, have you got any evidence that proves this theory of yours?
I am not saying PEDs help prevent CTE. In fact, I am saying that I am not convinced about all the mythical benefits of PEDs that some people claim.

Because I am not convinced, I am asking the anti-PEDs people, if you believe that PEDs are so beneficial, then shouldn't we consider them as a tool to prevent CTEs in head impact sports?

Basically, if you believe that PEDs are so beneficial and they have these magical properties, then shouldn't you at least consider the possibility that they could also help prevent CTE in MMA, boxing and the NFL.

Maybe PEDs do help you throw a harder punch, but what if they also help you take a harder punch, and the benefits actually outweigh the costs?

"Mythical"?
It makes them bulkier, and run faster making their hits more impactful, the recovery allows them to get more hits in. you're dumb lol lmbo
How do you know all of this? Where did you get this information? I have searched PubMed and have yet to find an article that convinces me to have such a strong opinion about the benefits of PEDs as you do.

(1) You don't have any evidence to show that fighters will hit significantly harder if they take PEDs.

(2) What if fighters are hitting harder, but the mythical benefits of PEDs are still able to overcome it? Hypothetically, you can have a situation where fighters are clean, but getting more CTE or a situation where fighters are dirty but getting less CTE, because the PEDs are so good they are able to compensate for the increased strength and power of strikes.

For example, a similar situation is giving children with ADHD stimulants to control their hyperactivity. It is counter intuitive but it is one of the most effective treatments currently available.
1. PEDs, especially steroids, are definitively proven to increase strength - which will inherently increase the force used during games

2. PEDs have literally never been shown to aid with brain injuries. Pulled muscles? Sure. Torn tendons? Sure. Brain injuries? No.

You're speaking, as you yourself put it, "hypothetically" - yet you say I have zero evidence?

<36>

Yup. A lot of little ones have more effect then a few big ones.

Back