USADA responding to Yoel and his manager.

I'm pretty sure that as an athlete he certainly has access to what supplements are prohibited by the UFC. Whether it's all out steroids or just something as simple as a protein shake that happens to have a banned substance in it. He should have done the work necessary to determine if he could use whatever he was on.

Anyone with access to a GNC or a drug store has access to things with banned substances in them. But yea, even if he is telling the truth, he still has a duty to take every reasonable step to ensure he's not taking a prohibited substance.

Romero is innocent

The witchhunt that is being orchestrated against him is nothing more than racism.
Pathetic. If romero was as white as the driven snow and still jacked at the ripe old age of 38, i and probably a lot of others would continue with the 'witchhunt'

What in the fuck are you talking about? Is this earth?

Romero is innocent.

Yes this is earth and still in this day and age non Caucasian fighters are discrimated against.

USADA made a mistake and instead MMA "fans" blame the fighter.

USADA had actually stuffed up Romero's test a contaminated sample was used to test positive.

Which now USADA have to investigate on how they got it wrong.

nTRZiyL.png

covered in reasonable depth here

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/y...tive-claims-supplement-contamination.3170017/

I cant be bothered having the same conversation all all over again, and answering the same questions :D
One thing I'm still confused about is what the USADA says in the OP: “Given that Mr. Romero has publicly discussed his case, we can confirm that he did test positive for a prohibited substance"- is the USADA not the one telling the media after the A sample pops positive? or are those leaks through some unofficial channel?

Romero is innocent

The witchhunt that is being orchestrated against him is nothing more than racism.

At first I thought you were being sarcastic but then you said this...

Tim Means was actually guilty with evidence while the case against Romero has no merit.

...and now I realize you're just out of your mind.

USADA had actually stuffed up Romero's test a contaminated sample was used to test positive.

Mistakes like that due to incompentence destroy a fighters career.

Also

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/8...pplement-led-to-yoel-romeros-failed-drug-test
Lol wtf?? Did u even read that article??

How did USADA fuck up when Romero admits to failing a test??

Are you claiming that USADA sold Romero the supplements with a faulty label?? Snuck into his house and spiked his supplements?? Paid off a company to make a contaminated supplement, then made it fried chicken flavor to ensure Yoel would buy it???

I just don't understand your logic here??

Mistakes like that due to incompentence destroy a fighters career.

Also

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/8...pplement-led-to-yoel-romeros-failed-drug-test
Can you even read? They aren't investigating 'how they got it wrong'. Yoel's test wasn't 'stuffed up'. He indeed had a banned substance in his given sample. Yoel and his team aren't even disputing that. If you had any semblance of reading comprehension, you would know that they are claiming that he took a dietary supplement that was contaminated. i.e. the company that produces said supplement added a banned substance to give it an extra 'kick' and make it work better. The supplement was tested, and itw as indeed contaminated. However, here's the kicker. Yoel and his team could have EASILY contaminated the supplement themselves after discovering the possible failure and before having it tested.

Here are the facts: Yoel tested positive for a banned substance. His team gave a supplement to USADA to test, and it came back contaminated (just one by the way, strange that they magically knew exactly which one it was, but that could arguably be because it's a 'new' supplement that he just started using. I find that unlikely, because most athletes, especially ones of his caliber that have been around for a long time, know which ones work best for them already).

That's it. There was no failure on USADA's part anywhere in this process.

One thing I'm still confused about is what the USADA says in the OP: “Given that Mr. Romero has publicly discussed his case, we can confirm that he did test positive for a prohibited substance"- is the USADA not the one telling the media after the A sample pops positive? or are those leaks through some unofficial channel?

It was the UFC made his positive test public when they suspended him

+ Usada inform UFC (as administrators) of the positive in one of their athletes
+ UFC suspend the athlete from competition
+ UFC then informed everyone by press release that he was suspended

USADA cant actually make any comment at all unless the athlete themselves makes it public, then they are allowed to comment.

Romero is innocent

Poor Chael was crucified by the corrupt anti-white California commission.

Lol you simpleton. Or troll. Whichever.

It was the UFC made his positive test public when they suspended him

+ Usada inform UFC (as administrators) of the positive in one of their athletes
+ UFC suspend the athlete from competition
+ UFC then informed everyone by press release that he was suspended

USADA cant actually make any comment at all unless the athlete themselves makes it public, then they are allowed to comment.
that sequence of events makes much more sense. thanks

His team gave a supplement to USADA to test, and it came back contaminated (just one by the way, strange that they magically knew exactly which one it was, but that could arguably be because it's a 'new' supplement that he just started using. I find that unlikely, because most athletes, especially ones of his caliber that have been around for a long time, know which ones work best for them already).

That's it. There was no failure on USADA's part anywhere in this process.

Its actually slightly worse in that we dont know for sure that USADA have actually tested the supplement and found the product yet.

Romero's team had it analysed themselves privately and were informed Friday by the Lab that it contained product-x (co-incidentally just after they got told the b-sample was positive)

Back