USADA only tested Jon Jones 7 times/11 samples in 2019

Daniel Cormier
Test Count: 4 (2019)

Seriously... I don't get it. Where are people talking about this, for instance?
{<jordan}

The issue here is that you are innocent until proven guilty. USADA couldn't prove the long term metabolites are new, therefore they couldnt punish Jones for it.
Then they can't prove anyone's metabolites are new on a second failure. So fail once, dope forever.

People tend to hate good looking, extremely gifted and talented, but hard working devoted Christians, who also, which has been proved by Science, turned out to be innocent!
Is normal.

<LikeReally5>

I don't see the point of testing him at all. He doesn't have to pass them anyway, so might as well let the tester sleep in that day.
Yeah because it's not like he was striped of his belt and suspended multiple times or anything.

Then they can't prove anyone's metabolites are new on a second failure. So fail once, dope forever.
How would one go about only flagging for traces of the long term metabolites while effectively doping with tbol?

Yeah because it's not like he was striped of his belt and suspended multiple times or anything.
Oh yikes, I guess you didn't hear somehow. He's still had metabolites in his drug tests since then and they even made up the term "pulsing" that somehow only applies to him to let him continue to fight without pissing clean.

Daniel Cormier
Test Count: 4 (2019)

Seriously... I don't get it. Where are people talking about this, for instance?
{<jordan}

they arent talking about it because that figure is not correct

upload_2019-9-23_19-28-19.png

fucking hell...

So they have their own database now? What the hell

<TheWire1>

@-Dim- has there been two databases for a long time or...? I’ve always just used the.. ”main one”

:rolleyes:

ok, its all the same database, but ive just checked up and since July 2019 they have stopped including UFC data on the main usada portal.

So usada.org/athlete-test-data is other sports (and ufc up to june 2019)

upload_2019-9-23_19-34-15.png

Ufc.usada.org/athlete-test-history is for the UFC (as its always been)

People are using the wrong site (possibly intentionally to support their arguments)

thats the wrong website.

ufc.usada.org/testing/results/athlete-test-history/

UFC data has always been at the UFC/USADA site

And they have stopped putting UFC data on the main USADA altogether since June, if you drill down for 2019/Q3 you will see "no data available for this period"

The main reason for them now removing ufc altogether from main usada page is because the usada page is "test sessions", but the ufc testing is "sample count" and it was causing confusion.

thats the wrong website.

ufc.usada.org/testing/results/athlete-test-history/

UFC data has always been at the UFC/USADA site

And they have stopped putting UFC data on the main USADA altogether since June, if you drill down for 2019/Q3 you will see "no data available for this period"

The main reason for them now removing ufc altogether from main usada page is because the usada page is "test sessions", but the ufc testing is "sample count" and it was causing confusion.
Thanks.

ok, its all the same database, but ive just checked up and since July 2019 they have stopped including UFC data on the main usada portal.

So usada.org/athlete-test-data is other sports (and ufc up to june 2019)

View attachment 649925

Ufc.usada.org/athlete-test-history is for the UFC (as its always been)

People are using the wrong site (possibly intentionally to support their arguments)
Thanks, man. You are my go-to guy with these USADA/VADA/xxAC whatever mixings there is in the doping scene. You are doing some really solid work, so thanks again.

I might sometimes provoke people to get a reaction, but it’s just for fun and games and in the end we get a good discussion going.

I can’t remember if I’ve seen your thoughts about the ”new” policy that they don’t share the abnormal findings with the masses, even when the fighter would be pulled out of a fight. Care to weigh in on that? Is it only ATFs that they do this or does the fighter get their say in AAFs as well?

Depends on the substance and type of metabolites. There has been almost no testing done on Turinabol. If they had tried to punish Jones they would've lost in arbitration.

It's not exactly a free pass though because the short term metabolites will show up in a test upon reingestion.

Shouldn’t an admin clean up the fake news in this thread?

Nobody is calling AO, Costa or Yoel the GOAT, which is the big difference. People don't care much about Roids if fighters aren't claiming some great legacies. But if they are (like Jon or Anderson), they gotta test clean every single time or they are out of that conversation.

It's the same with Lance Armstrong. If he was some mid tier cyclist nobody would've given a shit about his PED abuse.

Spot on. And most people here aren't trying to claim Reem, Costa, or Yoel are all natty. You have many people claiming Jones is innocent or that it didn't help him anyway. Plus Jones gets away with so much b/c of money and, like you said, GOATs can't be dirty and fail tests.

People can point to Fedor and say he was on PEDs but the difference is there was no testing and no rules, he wasn't cheating then. People could say GSP was on roids but he never tested positive and there was not USADA at the time. As long as everyone is on the same playing field I have no problem with it, but when Jones gets special rules for him and then tries to claim GOAT status I have an issue.

I can’t remember if I’ve seen your thoughts about the ”new” policy that they don’t share the abnormal findings with the masses, even when the fighter would be pulled out of a fight. Care to weigh in on that? Is it only ATFs that they do this or does the fighter get their say in AAFs as well?

As far as USADA goes, they never have made public potential violations, not in the UFC, not in any other sport that they manage, nor, does any other anti doping agency under the WADA code. The standard procedure under the WADA code is when there is a potential violation, the athlete is informed, the sports governing body are informed (in this case the UFC), and if the test was conducted by an event or organiser, they are informed. It's only ever made public when the final decision has been reached.

This is the correct thing to do, protect the athlete until decision. The athlete has to be given the right to defend their case, put forward arguments etc without public jumping to a decision.

The UFC, and specifically Jeff N, when the program started decided they wanted to go above and beyond, be more transparent and make pv's public from the off. That was totally Jeff's decision and not something USADA supported by all account. So what we would see is an athlete publicly outed by the UFC but no substance revealed, no mitigating evidence released, so the athlete is immediately shouted at for being a roider, and then six months down the line it turns out it wasnt steroids, its was a mild substance that was an unlisted ingredient in a supplement they were taking. Its manifestly unfair on the athlete and was 100% the wrong move by Jeff however well intentioned it was.

A great example (although not under USADA) was Cortney Casey-Sanchez. Texas went out and blabbed she had high t/e ratio without doing the proper research. USADA actually cleared her but nobody remembers she was cleared, they just remember Joe Rogan sitting on his show and saying she had injected exogenous testosterone.

Should be noted that a fighter can choose to make public their potential violations if they wish, some have chosen to do so to control the narrative themselves.

No, science only said there were no elements in Jones' case that could make the difference between pulsing and a new intake of turinabol.

And Jones is not innocent, he got 27 months of combined PED suspensions.

View attachment 649797
Not only that, they tested ALL of his supplements and dick pills and found no traces of the banned substances anywhere

How would one go about only flagging for traces of the long term metabolites while effectively doping with tbol?

Short and medium term metabolites are easier to flush out of your system through the use of things like diuretics and masking agents.

And aside from Turinabol Jones has also in the past tested positive for letrozole and clomiphene (same substance as Brock Lesnar) so he's a multi time steroid cheat, I wouldn't really rule out anything.

They’re keeping results hidden until his next fight so they can announce the PMF belt, pico mother fucker.

Short and medium term metabolites are easier to flush out of your system through the use of things like diuretics and masking agents.

the russians many years prior switched from tbol to tren because tbol was detectable for much longer. things like diuretics and masking agents are also detectable with frequent random drug testing and you're completely ignoring that tbol protocol is large doses, daily, for weeks at a time. so yeah, only flagging for traces of m3 ever is pretty remote with any known effective tbol protocol. note the science director for vada had never heard of microdosing tbol so i'd say that's a low probability avenue if that's where you thought of going.

And aside from Turinabol Jones has also in the past tested positive for letrozole and clomiphene (same substance as Brock Lesnar) so he's a multi time steroid cheat, I wouldn't really rule out anything.
he was explicitly identified by the arbitration panel as "not a drug cheat" for those substances that they believed was from a dick pill. you can dismiss that if you want but it is public record.

Back