USA Taekwondo Sponsor

G

Guestx

Never seen that one before. Reminds me of the USA Judo sponsor that we see when Ronda fights.

Is there someone on the card who is specifically known as a TKD practitioner?

Sergio Pettis and Ben Henderson

Not to get technical, because I realize a lot of people don't realize this, but Pettis and Bendo both came up in the ATA organization. I could be wrong, but to my knowledge they are not affiliated with USA TKD.

USA TKD is a governing body for Olympic-style TKD, which is kind of a different animal.

Quite a few of the elite UFC strikers have black belts in TKD - Anderson Silva, Cung Le, etc.

Quite a few of the elite UFC strikers have black belts in TKD - Anderson Silva, Cung Le, etc.

But you don't think of them as "taekwondo fighters" in the same way that you think of Ronda as a judoka or Machida as a karateka. And like I said, this is the first time I've ever seen them as a sponsor. Seems special.

has the IBJJF ever been a sponsor for the UFC?

Glad to see the UFC working with USA Taekwondo & USA Judo :icon_chee

Anthony Pettis. Taekwondo resonates through his striking style more than any other fighter.

Along with Daron Cruickshank.

Not to get technical, because I realize a lot of people don't realize this, but Pettis and Bendo both came up in the ATA organization. I could be wrong, but to my knowledge they are not affiliated with USA TKD.

USA TKD is a governing body for Olympic-style TKD, which is kind of a different animal.

The sponsor is using just their image, as TKD fighters, to promote itself, they don't need to be affiliated with anyone, it's irrelevant.

Back