USA Judo Georgia Open tournament

korleone1911

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey... was anyone there/competing yesterday? I was very impressed with the organization of this tournament. The medals are nice. It ran pretty smoothly. The competition was pretty good from several different gyms. I met alot of cool people. I would recommend, if any one is looking for a nice tournament to compete in.

oh, turn out was pretty good. I'm thinking about 4 people per division on average. They had gi and no gi absolute. I didn't fight no gi absolute, so i don't know how many there were there, but there were either 12 or 14 competitors who competed in gi absolute and this was not by rank either, which was interesting, but fun, nonetheless. ;-)

So the gi absolute division was open weight and open rank?

So the gi absolute division was open weight and open rank?

My experience with Judo tournaments is that they are all open rank. I know I have personally had to go against brown and black belts, but it was a learning experience.

Man wish I could have made it. The absolute division would have been a blast. I was originally planning on doing this tourney before I sprained my knee.

Are we talking about judo here, or brazilian jiu-jitsu?

I assumed Judo but then someone mentioned no-gi. I also remember someone saying Judo tourneys will also have BJJ divisions soon.

So i'm confused.

Back