USA 2016 Olympic medalist to do BKFC

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I guess the money was right

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship (BKFC) has announced the signing of 2016 U.S. Olympian and bronze medalist Nico Hernandez to a promotional contract that will see the highly-touted boxer fight in the world's biggest bare knuckle events.

Hernandez will bring his fast hands and aggressive style to BKFC where he will compete in the 122-pound flyweight division. His BKFC debut will take place on Saturday, March 14 with additional information to be announced soon.
https://www.boxingscene.com/nico-he...-145727?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Great way to ruin all the bones in your hand on some washed up mma guy, I guess.

This kid has the worst manager in the country.

I won’t lie I am interested and hope it is exciting.

I guess guy's think fuck earning 20k in the UFC, with the futile hope they'll become the nxt McG. Pick up 100k, although in the US the medical bills will probs take half of it.

I guess guy's think fuck earning 20k in the UFC, with the futile hope they'll become the nxt McG. Pick up 100k, although in the US the medical bills will probs take half of it.
and fighting twice, maybe three times a year at most considering hands take a bit to heal. ridiculous business decision

There's medical insurance in any professional fight contract that you sign.

There's medical insurance in any professional fight contract that you sign.
And this insurance almost always only cover medical bills from injury during the event and/or consecuence of, but not salaries lost due to injury and disability to work.

In general, anyone who is willing to do barenuckle boxing should just do it. Their income opportunities are limited so i guess they are desperate, don't care or just like punching in general.
Darwinism.

I really thought we would've seen him on TV and/or reach his ceiling by now. But. he seems comfortable just being a big fish in a small pond though.

I really thought we would've seen him on TV and/or reach his ceiling by now. But. he seems comfortable just being a big fish in a small pond though.
Instead of signing with Haymon or Arum, he had a $20 PPV in a local club show fight a nobody, on the same night as the Gary Russell vs Jojo Diaz and Stevenson vs Jack

Bare knuckle is dumb. Its just a cut fest.

Instead of signing with Haymon or Arum, he had a $20 PPV in a local club show fight a nobody, on the same night as the Gary Russell vs Jojo Diaz and Stevenson vs Jack

I remember that. He's the greatest in his own head.

My wife is from Wichita, so I was eager to see him in the Olympics. It's disappointing that he's squandered his success there.

Back