Economy US Workers Striketober

You think people are still living on those ended benefits??
Some people, yes. Those benefits were higher than many of them made even while working. Also, those benefits lasting as long as they did made it to where people could not work and not have to dip too much into their savings.

More significantly though, those benefits created a labor shortage that the market still hasn't recovered from. When there is already a labor shortage, it makes it easy to strike.

Whether you knew or it or not you expressed a disapproving tone to something you actually agree with
I didn't. The tone wasn't directed at the post as evidenced by the fact that I "liked" it. It was a general statement, like how dare people want the things he and others have mentioned.

Even if there's any ambiguity in my sarcastic comment where I liked the post in question, calling me an idiot was incredibly reactionary and ironically, stupid.

1635086357410.jpg

I have no idea why, but this got me really good. Fucking lol at his facial expression with the cig.

Funny that I just started reading A LITTLE HATRED by Joe Abercrombie.

Rampant strikes by unions killed the native UK car industry. Gone. All the new wave of striking will do is make Bidenflation even worse and bring the country down even further than Biden has already brought it.

Rampant strikes by unions killed the native UK car industry. Gone. All the new wave of striking will do is make Bidenflation even worse and bring the country down even further than Biden has already brought it.
A LOT of things killed the British automotive industry, starting with terrible cars.

A LOT of things killed the British automotive industry, starting with terrible cars.
True, it was more than just the strikers, but they were a substantial part of the problem, and their refusal to properly screw the cars together was a big part of why they were crap.

Your work/life balance is seriously out of whack in America.

You dont even get paid leave each year to escape the grind. Its fucking stupid.

Paid vacation and sick days are pretty standard. Like 80% of private industry workers get it and the average is 2 weeks, but you get more the longer you're with a company. The 20% that don't get paid vacation are mostly hourly workers and people in their first year of a job.

My company isn't on strike but can't keep people. I just got a 10% retention raise for no reason at all. I still have my year end % bonus coming up too as well as a cash bonus. I'm happy to see people trying to make more money and I'm happy to profit indirectly. It's not as bad a time in America as people are acting.
No offense but that conclusion doesn't follow the premise.

A company can't keep people. It's paying retention bonuses for no reason at all just to pre-emptively keep employees happy. That would suggest that things are pretty bad, that to the extent that any singular individual is benefitting, they are benefiting precisely because of how bad it is out there and how their company is responding to those bad circumstances.

It's like a group of people falling off a boat. People are screaming and floundering in the water. One person gets tossed a life jacket and starts saying that situation isn't as bad as everyone thinks because of how quickly he/she got a life jacket and got back on the boat.

Governments and corporations pretty much despise us, its time for us to take the lions share of the power back into our hands.

Some people, yes. Those benefits were higher than many of them made even while working. Also, those benefits lasting as long as they did made it to where people could not work and not have to dip too much into their savings.

More significantly though, those benefits created a labor shortage that the market still hasn't recovered from. When there is already a labor shortage, it makes it easy to strike.

The research shows that the enhanced COVID benefits only played a very small role in the current labor shortage. But don't let facts get in the way of your ideological agenda.

I'm intrigued where the John Deere strike is headed. It's an iconic American brand.

Plus, the business needs to change. Behemoth farming equipment is not the future. Small linked equipment linked together is less damaging to the soil and, therefore, need less chemicals after harvest.

I've wondered if companies like Tesla would be fire into the farming business, what would it look like?
lol jesus the Tesla Musk worship knows no end. (No offense to you personally, but I find the concept ludicrous)
They are a niche auto-manufacturer run by a tent preacher who is turning a profit by mixing autocredits with outsourcing his infrastructure and batteries to lower grade chinese products and selling it to rubes online thru twitter and influencers.

Oh yeah they pay below industry average, run insane hours, have enormously big record of workplace incidents, have done mass layoffs to cook earnings reports and stock vests, and are staunchly anti-union.

All of these companies: Tesla, Deere and so forth are dying to go to subscription models where you don't even own the right to repair their products and bleed us all out with fees and price increases in monopolistic industrial stabs.
Fuck em both.

A lot of these strikes are due to the government creating a labor shortage by paying excessive unemployment benefits for so long.
What percentage in your very professional opinion?

Back