Social US Women's National Team Just Want To Be Treated Fairly - The Men's Can't Even Qualify For World Cup

Because their revenue will go down in the next couple of years as the men's will skyrocket. If this was 2014 or even next season the womens team would have no argument to make. They are basically taking a down year in Men's soccer and the peak year of their competition and using it as a form to say they are being discriminated against when that simply isn't the case.

The men are a significantly bigger draw on TV and attendance than the women, they are twisting the information in their favor to get more money and play the sexist card while they do it.

Then their pay goes down if their revenue numbers goes down - with a minimum floor cap.

But, on years when they produce, why not pay accordingly?

Are they "bringing it in" or are they winning it in tournaments, i.e. it has nothing to do with how many butts they put in seats but how many tourneys they win? For example, they won $2M for winning the World Cup.

They brought in more revenue that year - way more than 2 million for one tournament - i am not advocating them making as much regardless of year by year numbers - just a sliding scale a per year bases.

They have a good year, generate more revenue, give them more. The years they dont, do not.

Then their pay goes down if their revenue numbers goes down - with a minimum floor cap.

But, on years when they produce, why not pay accordingly?

Because they don't have the TV audience, attendance, or sponsors as the men's team. If they just want more money than fine but to be equal to the men who have to prove you draw just as much if not more than the men's team.

Street Journal reported in June that Fox Sports was poised to receive, “upwards of $17 million in sponsorship revenue for The 2015 Women’s World Cup.”

The sponsor revenue for the 2014 Men’s World Cup was $529 million. That is 31 times greater than the women’s event. You can't claim inequality if you don't have the numbers to back it up, which is why they are doing it now because otherwise they have no leg to stand on.

Because they don't have the TV audience, attendance, or sponsors as the men's team. If they just want more money than fine but to be equal to the men who have to prove you draw just as much if not more than the men's team.

Street Journal reported in June that Fox Sports was poised to receive, “upwards of $17 million in sponsorship revenue for The 2015 Women’s World Cup.”

The sponsor revenue for the 2014 Men’s World Cup was $529 million. That is 31 times greater than the women’s event. You can't claim inequality if you don't have the numbers to back it up, which is why they are doing it now because otherwise they have no leg to stand on.

I said respective on their yearly revenue intake. in 2014 the men should've of received a lot more than women - in 2015, women defiantly deserved a bump.

Why can it not go year by year based on generated rev? Not saying equal pay, by a sliding scale on yearly numbers

Our women's team are the best in the world while the men are gatekeeper cans.

I said respective on their yearly revenue intake. in 2014 the men should've of received a lot more than women - in 2015, women defiantly deserved a bump.

Why can it not go year by year based on generated rev? Not saying equal pay, by a sliding scale on yearly numbers

Because soccer competitions don't match a year by year basis. This isn't a league where you can compare attendance and revenue of every year year by year. Men's teams and Women's teams don't have a parallel schedule to go head to head in terms of competition. By doing that Women basically would only get paid one every 4 years and that's only if they win out and don't lose early in their own competition otherwise compared to the men World Cup, Gold Cup, Copa America, etc. Women would never make more on a year by year basis. There just isn't effort interest in Women's soccer to compete consistently. That;s why the huge pay based on revenue and comparing to the men's team argument falls flat.

Because soccer competitions don't match a year by year basis. This isn't a league where you can compare attendance and revenue of every year year by year. Men's teams and Women's teams don't have a parallel schedule to go head to head in terms of competition. By doing that Women basically would only get paid one every 4 years and that's only if they win out and don't lose early in their own competition otherwise compared to the men World Cup, Gold Cup, Copa America, etc. Women would never make more on a year by year basis. There just isn't effort interest in Women's soccer to compete consistently. That;s why the huge pay based on revenue and comparing to the men's team argument falls flat.
But like, this one month at work, my female coworker out sold me, but the other 11 months i sold 10 times what she did. She should get equal pay as me. Amirite, lol

If the women are generating more money than the men, then they should be getting paid more money.

This is the key paragraph:

The filing, citing figures from the USSF's 2015 financial report, says that despite the women's team generating nearly $20 million more revenue last year than the U.S. men's team, the women are paid almost four times less. However in 2015 the Women played in the Women's World Cup and the Men's did not participate in World Cup play. In 2014 The US Men generated 529 Million in sponsorship in comparison to the Womens 18 Million.

The filing, citing figures from the USSF's 2015 financial report, says that despite the women's team generating nearly $20 million more revenue last year than the U.S. men's team, the women are paid almost four times less. However in 2015 the Women played in the Women's World Cup and the Men's did not participate in World Cup play. In 2014 The US Men generated 529 Million in sponsorship in comparison to the Womens 18 Million.

Normally on a year to year basis, the men bring in much more revenue

Normally on a year to year basis, the men bring in much more revenue
Cool good for then mens squad,I saw them play panama last year bradley made a ridiculous unassisted corner kick goal.

US men are cans, US women are elite within their sport. Both draw about the same amount of money on their own probably.

the only thing I can think of is that the men that make the US national team during the World Cup are usually from the European leagues rather than MLS (which pays shit compared to Euro) and they have multiple citizenship so they could play for other national teams, so US has to compete a little and that brings up their salaries. The US men also have the benefit of the tv deals and interest generated by other mens teams of other countries, they benefit from the success of others.

Whereas the women's game isn't really that popular throughout the rest of the world compared to the men.

Last edited:
Literally any of sport and team I would say equal pay between men's and women's sports is a fucking joke.

But with soccer, don't the women's national team pull in more revenue than the men's? This is a business, and the higher profit margin should he rewarded more.

My same argument against equal pay in wnba. Equal pay should be an equal percentage split of revenue between players and management of each league. Women players probably get more

Literally any of sport and team I would say equal pay between men's and women's sports is a fucking joke.

But with soccer, don't the women's national team pull in more revenue than the men's? This is a business, and the higher profit margin should he rewarded more.

My same argument against equal pay in wnba. Equal pay should be an equal percentage split of revenue between players and management of each league. Women players probably get more
The info was right there in the first post. They only made more money this one year because if the world cup, every other year men make like twenty times more money.

I am here to pledge my support to PressBless, TobinBae and KelleyBae

Fuck Hope Solo and her destroyed vagina though!

Back