US voters asked to locate Iran on a map

frandie2b

------(SALD BELT)------
@red
Reaction score
Link of the survey : https://morningconsult.com/2020/01/08/can-you-locate-iran-few-voters-can/

Poll conducted among 1995 U.S voters
2020-People-Identifying-Iran-on-world-map-scaled.png

• 28% of registered voters could point out Iran on a zoomed-in map of the region.

• 49% said they heard “a lot” about the death of Gen. Qassem Soleimani.

• 69% said the strike makes war with Iran more likely, and 50% said it makes the U.S. less safe.

Do some of them understand the concept of ocean?

Last edited:
I'm just kind of baffled these voters knew about this in 1995, why didn't they warn us?

For sure most Americans can't find Iran on a map, but based on some of those answers I have to assume that many people were also just trolling.

The ones who thought Iran was in Canada must have been terrified. The ones who thought it was in the USA, doubly so.

Luckily, our missiles use GPS coordinates to find Iran if needed, not paper maps.

Last edited:
To be fair when I did this survey it sounded like they asked where to find Iron not Iran.

for perspective, how many Iranians can find USA on a map?

Iran is everywhere! Including America? Lol Yeah people were definetly trolling.

A lot of those dots are in the ocean, which makes me wonder how many of these people just completed this poll without even trying. I doubt anybody actually thinks Iran is in the Tasman Sea.

Always wish I could be asked this. I can literally name every nation on earth save a couple of the crazy ones in Micronesia.

It's pretty obvious that a lot of people were trolling.

It's a pointless exercise anyways. Not being able to find Iran on a map doesnt say much of anything. The vast majority of Americans dont know anything about Iran, but they also dont a lot about a lot of countries.

The lack of knowledge on geography is the least of the problems. Knowing where the UK is on a map isnt going to help you explain BREXIT.

No they were not trolling, the geography knowledge of the average america really is awful even in my country where the school system sucks ass people are not that bad at geography, is just part of the culture

That's a pretty small sample for such a critical issue though.

Sad thing is most Americans don’t even know any ancient Persian empire history or that they were Zoroastrians. Cyrus , Darius tons of culture.

Also it’s not a desert. It’s like a giant California with every sort of region. Mountains , deserts , oceans.

Wonder if they know where the Caspian Sea is or even heard of it.

Back