International US Troops Ambushed, Killed in Afghanistan

We should have left aq there and done nothing.

Yep. Isreal openly armed and paid ISIS and al qaeda in Syria. Never bombed either entity until ISIS was defeated and attempted to retreat to safety inside isreal. They did Bomb those that Isis and alqaeda were fighting against, thousands of times

our CIA openly armed and paid al qaeda in Syria.

Al qaeda is just an excuse

Ha ha! Get it? American soldiers are dead! Ha ha ha ha

Cunt

You guys always pull this moronic shit. Like when Trump failed to legally justify killing Sulemaini. "You guys want the Iranians to nuke the East Coast, dontcha?!"

Heretic pulled that shit yesterday, equating a want for reduced military spending as wanting a desperate armed conflict.

Jibbus Crisp!!!

Afghanistan was the birth place for groups like ISIS and all the other Islamic Terrorist groups. You can thank Reagan for that shit.
Someone in Reagans administration decided it would be a good idea to radicalize Muslims in Saudi Arabia/Middle East to go fight a Jihad in Afghanistan against the USSR.
Well when those radicalized dudes were done in Afghanistan they were still itching to fight against the infidels. So they just moved somewhere else to do it. Since the early 1980's Saudi has had these radical schools funded by members of the House of Saud, that keep pumping out radicalized dudes who want to die for Islam. A few times they have even turned on the House of Saud itself.
Thanks Reagan.

Ha ha! Get it? American soldiers are dead! Ha ha ha ha

Cunt

More will die too. Dont pretend you actually care enough to hold dear leader to his promise.

Complain about how bad it is and move on.

You guys always pull this moronic shit. Like when Trump failed to legally justify killing Sulemaini. "You guys want the Iranians to nuke the East Coast, dontcha?!"

Heretic pulled that shit yesterday, equating a want for reduced military spending as wanting a desperate armed conflict.

Jibbus Crisp!!!

Legally justify the killing?

<DisgustingHHH>

The guy directly responsible for the deaths of thousands of Americans needs to be justified to or by who? Pelosi? Omar?

Legally justify the killing?

<DisgustingHHH>

The guy directly responsible for the deaths of thousands of Americans needs to be justified to or by who? Pelosi? Omar?

The US Constitution. The executive branch needs congressional approval from Congress in order to undertake acts of war, which includes drone strikes, or otherwise legally justify acting without congress citing an imminent threat.

People that don't want to live in a banana republic care about the law being upheld, especially when involving things like the bombings of foreign state actors, which Sulemaini was.

I await the "You love Sulemaini, don't you?!?!"............

The US Constitution. The executive branch needs congressional approval from Congress in order to undertake acts of war, which includes drone strikes, or otherwise legally justify acting without congress citing an imminent threat.

People that don't want to live in a banana republic care about the law being upheld, especially when involving things like the bombings of foreign state actors, which Sulemaini was.

I await the "You love Sulemaini, don't you?!?!"............

Trap.

Closed.

Tell me about Obama's strikes please. I feel like he set a precedence. Especially if you could explain the increase of scope and frequency during his tenure.

Please compare killing a US citizen vs Sulemani with a drone in terms of legality in our banana republic.

the us should probably stop invading other countries. hard to feel bad about an occupying force getting killed in a foreign land.

It's normal, the soldiers signed up their lives for the rich of America.

There is nothing bad happening here, it is an army in a foreign nation, what do you expect?

Trap.

Closed.

Tell me about Obama's strikes please. I feel like he set a precedence. Especially if you could explain the increase of scope and frequency during his tenure.

Please compare killing a US citizen vs Sulemani with a drone in terms of legality in our banana republic.

What would you like to hear about Obama's drone strikes? I find them patently unethical, shittily justified in many of the same ways as Trump's drone strikes, even though Trump has ramped up the usage of the tactic to levels much higher than Obama while relaxing reporting or justification requirements pertaining to casualties, civilian or otherwise.

HOWEVER, there is a difference between a state actor from the Iranian regime and some US citizen abroad that our leadership says is a terrorist. Neither are ethical, but one actually requires justification to hit with a drone strike, since, as a state actor, this is clearly considered an act of war, thus requires congressional approval or legal justification.

I guess you're right. These behaviors sound more like the actions of a Junta, or perhaps a straight authoritarian regime. And hey, since he can cite the national interest when breaking laws, and the main check on him is in the bag, let's let him off the leash. Call him our Albinus, even!

Or follow the law.

Afghanistan was the birth place for groups like ISIS and all the other Islamic Terrorist groups. You can thank Reagan for that shit.
Someone in Reagans administration decided it would be a good idea to radicalize Muslims in Saudi Arabia/Middle East to go fight a Jihad in Afghanistan against the USSR.
Well when those radicalized dudes were done in Afghanistan they were still itching to fight against the infidels. So they just moved somewhere else to do it. Since the early 1980's Saudi has had these radical schools funded by members of the House of Saud, that keep pumping out radicalized dudes who want to die for Islam. A few times they have even turned on the House of Saud itself.
Thanks Reagan.

It wasn't Reagan but Jimmy Carter's administration who did this.

Brzezinski (Carter's National Security Advisor) even came up with the infamous quote:

"What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?"

Question: The former director of the CIA, Robert Gates, stated in his memoirs [“From the Shadows”], that American intelligence services began to aid the Mujahideen in Afghanistan 6 months before the Soviet intervention. In this period you were the national security adviser to President Carter. You therefore played a role in this affair. Is that correct?

Brzezinski: Yes. According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahideen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan, 24 Dec 1979. But the reality, secretly guarded until now, is completely otherwise Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention.

Q: Despite this risk, you were an advocate of this covert action. But perhaps you yourself desired this Soviet entry into war and looked to provoke it?

B: It isn’t quite that. We didn’t push the Russians to intervene, but we knowingly increased the probability that they would.

Q: When the Soviets justified their intervention by asserting that they intended to fight against a secret involvement of the United States in Afghanistan, people didn’t believe them. However, there was a basis of truth. You don’t regret anything today?

B: Regret what? That secret operation was an excellent idea. It had the effect of drawing the Russians into the Afghan trap and you want me to regret it? The day that the Soviets officially crossed the border, I wrote to President Carter. We now have the opportunity of giving to the USSR its Vietnam war. Indeed, for almost 10 years, Moscow had to carry on a war unsupportable by the government, a conflict that brought about the demoralization and finally the breakup of the Soviet empire.

Q: And neither do you regret having supported the Islamic fundamentalism, having given arms and advice to future terrorists?

B: What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?

Q: Some stirred-up Moslems? But it has been said and repeated Islamic fundamentalism represents a world menace today.

B: Nonsense! It is said that the West had a global policy in regard to Islam. That is stupid. There isn’t a global Islam. Look at Islam in a rational manner and without demagoguery or emotion. It is the leading religion of the world with 1.5 billion followers. But what is there in common among Saudi Arabian fundamentalism, moderate Morocco, Pakistan militarism, Egyptian pro-Western or Central Asian secularism? Nothing more than what unites the Christian countries.

https://dgibbs.faculty.arizona.edu/brzezinski_interview

It's almost as if the USA is in a foreign country without the permission of it's people.
If a person decided to live in your house without your permission what would you do?

It's almost as if the USA is in a foreign country without the permission of it's people.
If a person decided to live in your house without your permission what would you do?
Afghanistan has a bad history of causing external issues when left to itself. Leaving Afghanistan unwatched is dangerous and naive.

Afghanistan has a bad history of causing external issues when left to itself. Leaving Afghanistan unwatched is dangerous and naive.
Oh please Hitler never invaded USA, we should of not went to war with Germany that was the wrong thing to do. Who cares about strategic outlooks with long term times lines, everything is about short term these days.

Back