International US Troops Ambushed, Killed in Afghanistan

The US should up and leave Afghanistan and never look back.

I thought they left Afghanistan? ....

Bomb the group that did this, hard, then leave immediately.. As you are leaving, say we will never return here again, but any aggression that comes out of this place will be bombed to dust and not rebuilt.

Bomb the group that did this, hard, then leave immediately.. As you are leaving, say we will never return here again, but any aggression that comes out of this place will be bombed to dust and not rebuilt.

Russians tried that.

We built these cool cave systems that can house multiple armies to prevent it.

Member when we dropped the MOAB to try and destroy those caves.....yeah that didn't work.

It’s as if the people inhabiting these counties are perhaps not good people at all and want to live like they were

They shouldn't be invading countries and killing children. Maybe then this wouldn't happen to our heroes.

Only Mongols managed to pacify Afghanistan. Their methods were a little on the extreme end.

It’s as if the people inhabiting these counties are perhaps not good people at all and want to live like they were

I have no respect for the citizens of any nation that believe it's their right to repel foreign invaders. NONE!

I have no respect for the citizens of any nation that believe it's their right to repel foreign invaders. NONE!
Technically international troops are there at the invitation of the Afghan government as security assistance.

Technically international troops are there at the invitation of the Afghan government as security assistance.

I wonder if that was the same Afghan government that was in place before the US invasion...? Hmmm...

I wonder if that was the same Afghan government that was in place before the US invasion...? Hmmm...
Taliban was more of a network of Wahabist warlords funded by Saudi money than a unified national government. The place was a hot bed for jihadist groups worldwide.

Taliban was more of a network of Wahabist warlords funded by Saudi money than a unified national government. The place was a hot bed for jihadist groups worldwide.

You're missing the point.

If an enemy nation invaded Canada, overthrew your current government and installed a new government made up of Canadians willing to do its bidding, would you consider a Canadian who attacked a soldier from that enemy nation to be a criminal?

You're missing the point.

If an enemy nation invaded Canada, overthrew your current government and installed a new government made up of Canadians willing to do its bidding, would you consider a Canadian who attacked a soldier from that enemy nation to be a criminal?
A closer analogy would be if Canada was split between several warring factions and one of them got overthrown by foreign invasion. Taliban was not recognized by any international entity other than Pakistan and did not administer the country as a whole.

Northern Alliance controlled 1/3 of Afghanistan before the US invasion, and the new national government post 2002 were mostly composed of its former officials.

1280px-1996afghan_%281%29.png

A closer analogy would be if Canada was split between several warring factions and one of them got overthrown by foreign invasion. Taliban was not recognized by any international entity other than Pakistan and did not administer the country as a whole.

Northern Alliance controlled 1/3 of Afghanistan before the US invasion, and the new national government post 2002 were mostly composed of its former officials.

1280px-1996afghan_%281%29.png
So the guys who were US proxies in the war against the Soviets and were then installed as a puppet government when the US invaded are "asking" for us to be there. Surprise surprise.

Back