US to Cut Nearly All Humanitarian Aid to Palestine

luckyshot

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Platinum Member
Reaction score
$200 million- nearly all US aid to Palestine- will cease. This money was not to go to the Palestinian authority but to aid projects directly serving Palestinian citizens.

Secretary of State Pompeo was reportedly against the cuts, but Presidential son-in-law (and apparent mid-East policy wonk) Jared Kushner said the cuts would “strengthen the president’s hand” in the Mid East.

Aaron Miller, Mideast program director at the Wilson center said “This is the first administration in history to provide unqualified support for the government of Israel while waging economic and political war on Palestinians.”

With the money cut off, several American aid-organizations have discontinued food subsidies to needy families. The US has also cut $300 million to a UN program that feeds and clothes Palestinian children.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/24/641689522/u-s-cuts-more-than-200-million-in-aid-to-palestinians

Against this unless we also cut all aid to Israel, in which case I'd be happy saving money from both sides of this to use at home as we should with all foreign aid

Good. I'm pretty sure it's not even a real thing just a bunch of people pissed that jews live where they want to live.

In the short term this is obviously terrible for the Palestinians but maybe in the long term it can be a good thing. Its clear the US is not a neutral arbiter between Israel and Palestine and this will decrease the leverage of the US over Palestine.

As Thomas Sankara(@Trotsky's avatar) once said, "he who feeds you, controls you"

Good. I'm pretty sure it's not even a real thing just a bunch of people pissed that jews live where they want to live.
giphy.gif

2gAl.gif

At what point did your stupidity reach terminal status?

In the short term this is obviously terrible for the Palestinians but maybe in the long term it can be a good thing. Its clear the US is not a neutral arbiter between Israel and Palestine and this will decrease the leverage of the US over Palestine.

As Thomas Sankara(@Trotsky's avatar) once said, "he who feeds you, controls you"

Well, that's not really a great application of what he was talking about, which is expropriation of wealth through foreign enterprise and the displacement of domestic production. It's a pretty flexible statement, and it could well be used with regard to more developed foreign aid recipients whose domestic markets are being upended by the flooding of certain goods, but it's not really relevant here, where the funds are not displacing domestic development.

Last edited:
They lost, get over it. Isreal is a better country to the world than the rest of the middle east combined.

I don’t know if there is long-term good in this situation. I know there are hungry kids.

They lost, get over it.

Except they didn't. If not for the United States, Israel would exist in the same capacity as Palestine currently does: as an unrecognized territory. Israel is a Western creation to reallocate the burden of post-WWII guilt onto the Arabs and away from the actual perpetrators of genocide against the Jewish people: Europeans. Except the level of terrorism perpetrated by the Israeli settlers had no basis in jus soli.

Isreal is a better country to the world than the rest of the middle east combined.

So great that even its most passionate supporters can't spell its name correctly.

$200 million- nearly all US aid to Palestine- will cease. This money was not to go to the Palestinian authority but to aid projects directly serving Palestinian citizens.

Secretary of State Pompeo was reportedly against the cuts, but Presidential son-in-law (and apparent mid-East policy wonk) Jared Kushner said the cuts would “strengthen the president’s hand” in the Mid East.

Aaron Miller, Mideast program director at the Wilson center said “This is the first administration in history to provide unqualified support for the government of Israel while waging economic and political war on Palestinians.”

With the money cut off, several American aid-organizations have discontinued food subsidies to needy families. The US has also cut $300 million to a UN program that feeds and clothes Palestinian children.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/24/641689522/u-s-cuts-more-than-200-million-in-aid-to-palestinians
This strengthens their hand the way seperating children from their parents at the border did. What a bunch of fucking cunts.

Except they didn't. If not for the United States, Israel would exist in the same capacity as Palestine currently does: as an unrecognized territory. Israel is a Western creation to reallocate the burden of post-WWII guilt onto the Arabs and away from the actual perpetrators of genocide against the Jewish people: Europeans. Except the level of terrorism perpetrated by the Israeli settlers had no basis in jus soli.

So great that even its most passionate supporters can't spell its name correctly.

WOOOOO you got me on a typo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG Imagine this win in the Pantheon of internet discussions!!!!!

Against this unless we also cut all aid to Israel, in which case I'd be happy saving money from both sides of this to use at home as we should with all foreign aid
These people are dirt poor and oppressed. This is just a heartless and ruthless maneuver to get the Palestinians to bend the knee and accept whatever they're offered as a peace deal. Trump can then claim another great and unprecedented achievement. But as we saw with NK, where he wanted to claim credit for denuclearizing the peninsula, it doesn't matter what the reality is as long as his base has something to cheer about.

I don’t know if there is long-term good in this situation. I know there are hungry kids.
There is a long term good possible; a definitive resolution to the conflict that allows the Palestinians self determination either through their own state or under one state with equal rights alongside Israelis.

WOOOOO you got me on a typo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG Imagine this win in the Pantheon of internet discussions!!!!!

Actually, I got you on making a stupid post that happened to have a misspelling, which is why you chose to focus on the fact that you can't spell "Israel": because it's the less embarrassing part.

I agree with this.

Lets be real. You're clearly a "reformed" felon who is a Nation of Islam tool. Just stop Islam has FAR more hate for the world than Jewish people or Israel. The Middle East and Islam are a burden on the world because they literally believe the words of a warlord are directly from the voice of God.

Lets be real. You're clearly a "reformed" felon who is a Nation of Islam tool. Just stop Islam has FAR more hate for the world than Jewish people or Israel. The Middle East and Islam are a burden on the world because they literally believe the words of a warlord are directly from the voice of God.

Go get banned again, loser.

Yeah, they probably all have summer homes in the hamptons they are just pretending they want to live in palestine to protest

We did the opposite though, we agreed to an aid package worth $38 billion over ten years for Israel.

They hate us but we should give them money.

I can see helping kids but they will still hate us.

Back