International US Publicly blames China for Cyberattack/hacking spree

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

U.S. Blames Hackers Tied to China for Microsoft Cyberattack Spree (msn.com)

WASHINGTON—The Biden administration Monday publicly blamed hackers affiliated with China’s main intelligence service for a far-reaching cyberattack on Microsoft Corp. email software this year, part of a global effort to condemn Beijing’s malicious cyber activities.

In addition, four Chinese nationals, including three intelligence officers, were indicted over separate hacking activity.

The U.S. government has “high confidence” that hackers tied to the Ministry of State Security, or MSS, carried out the unusually indiscriminate hack of Microsoft Exchange Server software that emerged in March, senior officials said.

“The United States and countries around the world are holding the People’s Republic of China (PRC) accountable for its pattern of irresponsible, disruptive, and destabilizing behavior in cyberspace, which poses a major threat to our economic and national security,” Secretary of State Antony Blinken said. The MSS, he added, had “fostered an ecosystem of criminal contract hackers who carry out both state-sponsored activities and cybercrime for their own financial gain.”

So, what's do be done about this new "Cold War" of cyber attacks, hacks, ransomware, etc. that's breaking out. If these activities were physically done they'd be acts of war, but because they were committed with 1s and 0s... we get nothing but empty condemnation?

What are the options for nations to use against China to A) punish them for the attacks and B) get them to stop? I feel like US needs to work with EU to put together some sanctions specifically on tech and parts to try and make it economically hurt their tech sector enough that the hacking isn't worth it.

First they hacked the virus. Then they hacked our companies. The real crime is that they also hacked Uncle Joe and and injected code to make his mind go before it's time. Now he's incoherent.

The time for half measures and talk is over. FOR JOE!

What do we do you ask?

Hack them back. Fcuk up their companies and government.
Impose tariffs or outright ban as many Chinese products as possible.
Assist Taiwan, India, Phillipines and ther South East Asian nations stand up to the bully.
Impose severe restrictions on Chinese student visas & research at American universities.

The thing with China is they will keep pushing the line until they get pushback. If we do nothing, they will be emboldened and act worse.

--
Problem with Phillipines is that Duterte is cosy with China. Manny Pacquiano just got ousted as head of the ruling party because he opposed Duterte's cosy relationship with China.

I wonder what hacking were doing to them, since they will never publicly report it.

China is way overdue some serious economic sabotage, like we did to the Soviet Union. Make a pipeline leak here and there. Shut down a coal plant. Do something.

Too bad we can't trust what our govt says or else I might give a shit

Hack the shit out of them back. I am pretty sure we have already been doing that to them and several other countries. We all pretty much just hack each other. Hackermen.

Wonder what prompted them to publicize it.

Building a coalition or putting China's allies on notice that some of their problems are coming from China and not us?

i really hope we are just as active in hacking them as they are hacking us.

It's time to re-think who manufactures our goods. It's time to bring some production home, because the cheap cost of Chinese goods comes with high prices everywhere else. They are bastards (the government).

If you don't think the US has already been involved in hacking all around the globe for decades you are sadly naive.
Hackin Chinese companies and infrastructure , disabling and or demanding ransom ?? We would have heard about it .

Put tariffs on Chinese goods and any American businesses that work with China. Do not allow Chinese citizens to come into America.

The United States of America also should make close ties with India, Japan Amy country China neighbors or has their sights set on.

They hacked Microsoft. MICROSOFT. Who gives a shit. If any company on the planet should be prepared or at least equipped to deal with this kind of thing it's the big four tech giants. If the government is being hacked I'd recommend they call Microsoft,Google, Apple or Facebook for help.
Since it's Microsoft being hacked I recommend we do nothing and ask Microsoft to keep the government updated....please.

M$ has been the leading software company for decades, and why so easily defeated and often?

the company is involved in world problems constantly, use different software?

Hackin Chinese companies and infrastructure , disabling and or demanding ransom ?? We would have heard about it .

In the case of Iran there's attacks on nuclear infrastructure:
Stuxnet
Olympic Games

You have heard of it, and most likely, have approved of it.

In the case of Iran there's attacks on nuclear infrastructure:
Stuxnet
Olympic Games

You have heard of it, and most likely, have approved of it.
I know of the attacks against Iran, and do not approve of it. Wasn't that primarily Israel though ? With some assistance from the US and Germany.

Heard nothing about the Olympics.

Last edited:
Eh, we’ll probably do fooking nothing.

Reactions: Ruv

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back