US Navy’s New Fleet Goal: 355 Ships

chinas growth isnt new

its the same shit that happened in korea, japan and taiwan. they get a temporary boost with cheap manufacturing because their wages are low.

the difference is the other countries invested it into creating their own high technology manufacturing. mitsubishi, samsung, honda, toyota, quanta etc. so that once their wages went up, they just made and exported their own goods and everything rolled on. china hasnt done that, as their "taking advantage of low wage" boost is coming to an end, what are they going to build and export after that?

Are you kidding me? Hisense, LiuGong, Huawei etc.

And yes, the same thing happened in those countries except those countries are small while China has 1/5th of the world population in its borders.

If the US going to do this, the Chinese are going to want match us. This is really good for God Emperor of Mankind Donald J Trumps puppet master Putin. He going to be making lots of money selling weapons to China.

Their Carrier is state of the art it is the sister ship of the Kuznetsov with an awesome propulsion system..

What the hell are you talking about?

images

Sadly, India's carrier is just as pathetic. So much for counterweight!

I'm okay with Japan adopting a new Constitution, we'll help rebuild their Navy back to their glory within a decade.

I'm okay with Japan adopting a new Constitution, we'll help rebuild their Navy back to their glory within a decade.

Can the US vets of WW2 forgive the Japanese? I have spoken to a couple of WW2 vets and their descendants now living in Bataan. They are survivors of the Bataan Deathmarch so I understand their sentiments.

The Bataan Death March really affected them to the point that they chose to retire in Bataan.

A revitalize Japanese imperial navy will be a sight to behold.. I envision another Kaga,Soryu Hiryu...

Or a guided missile cruiser named IJN Yamqto!!

Last edited:
if they dont

-build more domestic demand
-create quality high technology firms of their own

they will stall, if not contract. otherwise, what will they do if we move manufacturing to cheaper countries

Why don't you think China is incapable of producing anything worth while?

I don't see any internal problems in China that would prevent them from becoming a more and more dangerous adversary in the SCS. I would argue they're better suited than the US, where the presidents we elect vary wildly from one to another and they aren't necessarily following the same long-term strategy. The people coming up through the pipeline in the Demcatic party are also becoming more and more liberal and less defense-minded. Obama was laughably weak and Bernie Sanders wasn't that far off from becoming his successor.

Academic consensus is that this is China's century.

You could have a 1000 destroyers/frigates in your fleet. It still won't change the fact that a 5,000 cheaply made torpedo mounted PT boats would endanger that fleet.

Academic consensus is that this is China's century.
The US will remain the world's technological and military leader for quite some time. Chinese living standards are still very low, 1/5th of those in the US. They'll also never possess the cultural significance of the US, or be able to lead the world in the same way. They have virtually no natural allies, they have a bitter history with all of their neighbors, who would rather team up with westerners to contain them. And India's economy is now growing faster than China's and could surpass it by the end of the century. So, it depends on what you mean by China's century. They will in all likelihood overtake the US as the world's largest economy due to sheer population size, but China isn't in any danger of becoming the envy of the world anytime soon.

The US will remain the world's technological and military leader for quite some time. Chinese living standards are still very low, 1/5th of those in the US. They'll also never possess the cultural significance of the US, or be able to lead the world in the same way. They have virtually no natural allies, they have a bitter history with all of their neighbors, who would rather team up with westerners to contain them. And India's economy is now growing faster than China's and could surpass it by the end of the century. So, it depends on what you mean by China's century. They will in all likelihood overtake the US as the world's largest economy due to sheer population size, but China isn't in any danger of becoming the envy of the world anytime soon.

You would be very surprised then at China's historical and modern cultural influence. China has a sketchy history with several of its neighbours, but the same could be said for the US at one point, who has been at war with all of them (if you include Canada as part of the Empire). People who say China is 'slowing down', as if it is some negative, don't have a firm grasp of economic cycles.

they're 2nd and 3 one will use a catapult launched system and have a nuclear power plant. Call their first one a test run?

i have a feeling that just as how steel/iron ships made all the wooden fleets useless, so will orbital fleets make surface vessels useless in the future.

i have a feeling that just as how steel/iron ships made all the wooden fleets useless, so will orbital fleets make surface vessels useless in the future.

Sure but none on shedog will live long enough to see that day.

there isnt really a need to have a big navy anymore. we have smarter weapons that have better range and deliver more payload if needed. a bigger navy means more service members to man the ships and even more to sustain the caring and maintenance of the fleet. we have a hard enough time finding the quality talent to join. and tbh, we cant even afford the ones that we have today. every year, there is a shortage of funds for PCS and theres always retention boards to get rid of people. ballooning to that size would also cripple the economy, both near and long term because of the service members benefits.

Back