Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

US indicts 5 Chinese Army officers of Industrial espionage.

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by MicroBrew, May 19, 2014.

1. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-27475324

NOTE: The US has not charged them with the kind spying all major nations including the US engages in . This is industrial espionage to gain a commerical edge.

2. Pupi SAVAGE

3. Orgasmo Silver Belt

4. Uchi Mata Preaching the gospel of heel hooks and left kicks

I'm in favor. Pretending it's not happening isn't going to help anything. I'll be curious to see what our countermeasures consist of, to the extent anyone in the public ever sees what our countermeasures consist of. I don't think we're going to stuxnet China, too risky.

5. PEB Great turntable of space and time dude

I am more worried about quantum computing but the manufacturing of the US aircraft carriers are very high on their list. Aircraft carriers and advance material manufacturing is likely very targeted by China. Chinese Military official has asked for years for the US to help them with building next generation aircraft carriers obviously that's not going to happen.

6. Zankou Bringing peace and love Staff Member Senior Moderator

I can't imagine they would need much help with that. Carriers aren't exactly a secretive technology. It's a giant ship with a flat deck and catapults.

If anything the issues are less the carrier and more the complex surrounding support, communications, and strategies involved in using its aircraft, anti-submarine strategies, and so forth. Not physical hardware.

7. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

Well they can suss out the basic design of a carrier but what is highly unlikely is the Chinese emulating: Western Material sciences , certain design elements ,defense electronics & software, training and operational practices.

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  8. Orgasmo Silver Belt

Speaking of espionage, shouldn't companies and governments place their sensitive design information on computers not connected to the internet? Physical separation is the surest way to prevent unauthorized online access.

9. Bumble_Bee_Tuna I'll sell my soul for a nice pair of hooters

American Exceptionalism 101 - Spying is bad, mmkay? But not when America does it. 'Merica!

Perhaps sanctions against China or at least these individuals, like they did to Russia? That would hardly be pursued. As it shows that no two adversaries are the same, and contra Russia (where US national interests were not even at issue in Ukraine), the US has significant economic dependence on China. In reality, this is just more smoke mirrors of the dog and pony show in the great game. What is the point of this, anyway, as we know the U.S. will not follow thru with anything since most of its transnational corporations are in bed with the red dragon?

10. Zankou Bringing peace and love Staff Member Senior Moderator

All nations spy on other nations, and no nation refrains from such spying for moral reasons. They refrain because they lack the capability or fear getting caught.

Still, if you get caught, then you have to pay the price. Just because everybody does it doesn't mean you get of jail free.

11. 36thDisciple Worthless Blue Belt at Time of Death

lol! When it comes to China and economic espionage, you should step back and take a fucking seat, because you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Scratch that, I'm sure you don't know what you're talking about on a lot of shit.

You have to have lived in a fuckin cave not to know about China's hacking and their hilarious denials by now.

12. HIMBOB Steel Belt

13. Orgasmo Silver Belt

Oh look, the ardent NSA defender shows up on his mighty high horse, trying to tell us peasants how noble America is. Spare me the lecture, as you sound like a raging lunatic as usual.

I just find it funny that US accuse China of industrial espionage when itself is doing the same. It's called hypocrisy, perhaps an alien concept to shameless shills such as yourself. Next you're going to tell me how America does no such thing? That'd be as hilarious as China's denial.

Then again, I already know you're a joke, so I kind of expect hilarity from you.

14. Kevin Rudd Banned Banned

[​IMG]

15. 36thDisciple Worthless Blue Belt at Time of Death

You are a funny guy yourself, please stay up on stage there - you are doing a STAND UP job.

I didn't defend the US at all here. Everyone spies on everyone; that's already been said. The nuance here, however, is that China has been eating our lunch in the cyber realm because they don't just play the game, they are aggressive assholes about it who are committed to stealing ALL our tech while breaking the "rules". They are all about economic espionage, while hilariously denying it at the same time...and by the way their denials are comically bad to anyone who knows anything about this arena.

So please, keep talking shit and further express how ignorant you are of espionage.

p.s. I'm not NSA. Dumbass.

16. 36thDisciple Worthless Blue Belt at Time of Death

Obviously, there is no chance in hell China actually plays ball and sends us these five dipshits for trial. This is basically a stance to show China they are being watched - a bit of global "loss of face" for them. Not that it will deter them at all.

17. Orgasmo Silver Belt

Oh I'm nowhere near your level of hilarity. Don't be so humble, otherwise I would almost think you stopped swinging from America's nuts.

US engages in the same kind of activities around the world, perhaps to a even greater extent thanks to its technological leverage. Yes that is commercial espionage.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013...france-mexico-brazil-and-other-countries.html

18. SleepyBoy Silver Belt

China is notorious for it's cyber warfare and hacking.
    Ask anyone who owns a website what country most of their attacks come from.

They are probably the worse in the world.

But America has recently been busted doing some similar things.

This seriously takes away from their argument and will make their efforts less effective.

19. Orgasmo Silver Belt

In terms of malware, trojan and spyware, phising kits, most of those are from Eastern Europe, especially Russia/Poland/Belarus. For email scams, Nigeria is the capital of that.
    My information might be out of date, since it's been 4 years since I took cyber security class.

20. Jukai Silver Belt

You're right, but if we're talking about pure industrial hacking, China takes the cake easily. If your knowledge is only up to four years ago, you at least need to remember this giant attack.

US is certainly guilty of spying on the grand scale, but it is pretty evenly distributed and done seamlessly. China aggressively hacks whoever they want and they don't care how much evidence they leave behind.