International US gov. now says no timeline for withdrawl from Syria

Has anyone ever considered that Mattis was removed not for opposing leaving Syria, but for opposing an invasion of Iran?

They say him and John Kelly HATED Pompeo, Bolton, and Kushner. Those men will do anything for isreal. They should arrested for treason imo

There was a great story of situation room conversations where the neocons wanted to start killing Iranian soldiers in Syria, hoping that Iranians would kill American soldiers back. Then they get their way.

I guess Mathis was screaming holy hell about trying to get American soldiers harmed.

Now it's gonna be isreal first all the way.

And there I was actually praising the man, but just like North Korea, Trump got cucked by the Deep State again.

They say him and John Kelly HATED Pompeo, Bolton, and Kushner. Those men will do anything for isreal. They should arrested for treason imo

There was a great story of situation room conversations where the neocons wanted to start killing Iranian soldiers in Syria, hoping that Iranians would kill American soldiers back. Then they get their way.

I guess Mathis was screaming holy hell about trying to get American soldiers harmed.

Now it's gonna be isreal first all the way.

That's scary. I swear to God, going to war with Iran will start WWIII, and will cause a revolution in the US, when casualty numbers start coming back, with worse numbers then Vietnam.

It's actually no surprise at all Trump is doing it this way. He has repeatedly criticized tipping your hand by announcing your intentions to the enemy.

It's actually no surprise at all Trump is doing it this way. He has repeatedly criticized tipping your hand by announcing your intentions to the enemy.
He did just that (tipping his hand) by stating he was pulling troops out. Now you are trying to claim this is Trump's plan all along.

He did just that (tipping his hand) by stating he was pulling troops out. Now you are trying to claim this is Trump's plan all along.

No Trumps deranged haters are the ones that started the narrative that he wanted a rapid pull out. Can you quote as Trump saying a timeline consistent with a rapid pull out of troops? Trump understands this stuff from studying Obamas mistake pulling out of Iraq paving the way for ISIS.

Sounds like they had to sit Donny down and show him the Zapruder Film.

No Trumps deranged haters are the ones that started the narrative that he wanted a rapid pull out. Can you quote as Trump saying a timeline consistent with a rapid pull out of troops? Trump understands this stuff from studying Obamas mistake pulling out of Iraq paving the way for ISIS.

I think it was actually when Trump said he was ordering the immediate and rapid withdrawal of troops from Syria.

Have you ever read the art of the deal?

Ever read the chapter where Trump talks about promising whatever anyone wants to hear, to make the deal, whether you deliver or not?

Are you ever going to start to question if you are the chump, being promised whatever you want to hear?

Maybe.

Seemed like it could have been the old resign, or be fired deal.

If the circumstances were different I might be inclined to agree, but he resigned with a scathing letter and THEN Trump tried to say he fired him.
So, in this situation I think he actually resigned for the reasons given.

If the circumstances were different I might be inclined to agree, but he resigned with a scathing letter and THEN Trump tried to say he fired him.
So, in this situation I think he actually resigned for the reasons given.

Hope so. That would mean we are actually going to leave in 4 months.

Hope so. That would mean we are actually going to leave in 4 months.
ummm-gif-5.gif

I don't think either of us believe that, but let's hope.

its like watching a master contortionist...

Syria conflict: Bolton says US withdrawal is conditional

The withdrawal of US troops from Syria depends on certain conditions, US National Security Adviser John Bolton says, in a further indication that the process is being slowed down.

On a trip to Israel and Turkey, he said he would seek Turkish assurances that Kurds in northern Syria would be safe.

The US also wants to ensure that the remnants of the Islamic State (IS) group are defeated, he added.

President Donald Trump has faced strong criticism over the planned US pullout.

When he first announced the move in the middle of December, he said: "They're all coming back and they're coming back now."

Mr Trump also said that IS had been "defeated".

However, speaking on Sunday before leaving for his Camp David retreat, he told reporters: "We're going to be removing our troops. I never said we were doing it that quickly.

"We're pulling out of Syria... and we won't be finally pulled out until Isis [IS] is gone."

Last month's announcement shocked allies and US defence officials alike, with Defence Secretary Jim Mattis and senior aide Brett McGurk resigning soon after. On Saturday, Department of Defence chief of staff Kevin Sweeney became the third senior Pentagon official to announce his resignation since President Trump's announcement.

Meanwhile, America's Kurdish allies in north-east Syria were left feeling exposed as Turkey, which regards them as terrorists, appeared poised to move against them.

But Mr Trump seemed to row back last week when he said troops were being pulled out "slowly" and that they would be fighting remaining IS militants at the same time.

Video captionIs this the Islamic State group's last stand in Syria?
What did John Bolton say?
"We don't think the Turks ought to undertake military action that is not fully co-ordinated with and agreed to by the United States at a minimum so they don't endanger our troops, but also so that they meet the president's requirement that the Syrian opposition forces that have fought with us are not endangered," Mr Bolton said in Israel ahead of talks with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

He told reporters there was no timetable for a US withdrawal from Syria but that there was not an unlimited commitment.

Image copyrightREUTERS
Image captionJohn Bolton (striped tie) visited excavation works under the Western Wall during a visit to Jerusalem's Old City
Mr Bolton also said President Trump wanted to ensure that IS was "destroyed".

Mr Netanyahu said he would discuss Iran's ambitions in Syria when he met Mr Bolton on Sunday evening.

On Tuesday, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will begin a week-long tour of the Middle East designed to reassure allies in the region.

The US partnership with the Kurdish-led Syria Democratic Forces (SDF) is credited with playing a major role in the demise of IS.

But the main fighting force in the SDF is the Kurdish YPG militia, which Turkey regards as a terrorist group.

On Sunday, a spokesman for Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said it was "irrational" to suggest Turkey targeted Kurds.

Ibrahim Kalin said Turkey's focus was on the YPG and the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) - which Ankara also regards as a terror group.

What is the US presence in Syria?
Some 2,000 US military personnel are reported to be in Syria although the real numbers could be higher.

American ground troops first became involved in Syria in autumn 2015 when then-President Barack Obama sent in a small number of special forces to train and advise local Kurdish fighters who were fighting ISIS.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-46775308

<{nope}>

I hope leftist dbags don't forget this when they say there is no deep state. We have a group of people that can tell the president what he can or cannot do with American troops. That's part of the deep state in action.

Isreal will always come first. Always!

He has zero regard for the truth. Just blatantly lies about what he said despite there being record of what he said.

It's continually astounding.

I hope leftist dbags don't forget this when they say there is no deep state. We have a group of people that can tell the president what he can or cannot do with American troops. That's part of the deep state in action.

Isreal will always come first. Always!

Or perhaps we have a president who says stuff without any plan to execute what he is saying. Like his plan on healthcare, the wall, NK, or the trade war.

You're having to jump clear past the idea that Donald Trump is incredibly impulsive in his comments to land on your deep state idea.

Or perhaps we have a president who says stuff without any plan to execute what he is saying. Like his plan on healthcare, the wall, NK, or the trade war.

You're having to jump clear past the idea that Donald Trump is incredibly impulsive in his comments to land on your deep state idea.

Its right in front of you. Make no mistake, those troops can be out in 2-3 weeks easily. Even sooner if they just left large equipment to the Kurds.

We literally have unelected monsters in the background, in the "establishment" who just told the president of the United States of America just how it's gonna be, and it's not gonna be the presidents way.

The is power my friend. The riddle of steel

Back