International US gov. now says no timeline for withdrawl from Syria

Perhaps cautionary to not put an exact date on it, and go about it a bit more methodically, but if they're still there in a year, it's bullshit and Trump will be deserving of the backlash.

There will never be some magical "victory" over there. There will always be an excuse to stay. Pull them out.

But but but the deep state is a conspiracy!!!

Seems like the new timetable Is 4 months

Fucking horseshit. If we got out of the way, the SAA would bulldoze every Isis fighter into fertilizer in 3 weeks tops

Fucking horseshit. If we got out of the way, the SAA would bulldoze every Isis fighter into fertilizer in 3 weeks tops
Stop spewing your bullshit
https://syria.liveuamap.com/
See that nice big grey area thats in the middle of "SAA" territory? they have had years to take that back and yet they managed to do fuck all.
"bu but but"

Looks like Drump was cucked by deep state

<{1-2}>

Stop spewing your bullshit
https://syria.liveuamap.com/
See that nice big grey area thats in the middle of "SAA" territory? they have had years to take that back and yet they managed to do fuck all.
"bu but but"

They are hiding in caves in the middle of the desert, even the best combing efforts won't root them all out, still the campaigns in these areas has been vastly better than by US-backed rebels against the last ISIS pockets along the Euphrates. Trying to dispute this is retarded. It's a non-comparable situation. The only areas where ISIS holds significant infrastructure is within US sphere of influence, where SAA isn't allowed, and will actually be bombed, if they try to take the fight to ISIS. So yes, the Syrian army rooted out ISIS, they reconnected with Deir Ezzor in a giant campaign and recaptured massive areas last year and the year before that. Are you still grasping onto the delusion that Assad isn't fighting ISIS still? Only the most desperate neotard wold hold on to such a belief, when reality actually slaps you hard in the face.

They are hiding in caves in the middle of the desert, even the best combing efforts won't root them all out, still the campaigns in these areas has been vastly better than by US-backed rebels against the last ISIS pockets along the Euphrates. Trying to dispute this is retarded. It's a non-comparable situation. The only areas where ISIS holds significant infrastructure is within US sphere of influence, where SAA isn't allowed, and will actually be bombed, if they try to take the fight to ISIS. So yes, the Syrian army rooted out ISIS, they reconnected with Deir Ezzor in a giant campaign and recaptured massive areas last year and the year before that. Are you still grasping onto the delusion that Assad isn't fighting ISIS still? Only the most desperate neotard wold hold on to such a belief, when reality actually slaps you hard in the face.
Just refuting the statement that the SAA would roll them over in 3 weeks. They havn't even been able to clear them on the territory that the US allows them to clear.
"but but desert caves"<45>

Did anyone think that trump saying something has anything to do with what will actually happen?
Honestly does anyone believe when he says something it will happen and on top of that it will happen the way he says?

Just refuting the statement that the SAA would roll them over in 3 weeks. They havn't even been able to clear them on the territory that the US allows them to clear.

Holding towns and infrastructure in a small concetrated area, where the massive firepower of the US should make the task easy, but nothing happens - US side

Tiny groups of fighters hiding in caves and crevices in the middle of desert without any infrastructure to speak of, the task of combing thousands of square kilometers of empty desert without value being vastly different, and they still did it in large areas last year. The best ISIS can muster here are tiny raids, they hold nothing of value. - Syrian army side

Like I said the situation is not comparable.

<45><45><45>

Holding towns and infrastructure in a small concetrated area, where the massive firepower of the US should make the task easy, but nothing happens hmmmmmm - US side

Tiny groups of fighters hiding in caves and crevices in the middle of desert without any infrastructure to speak of, the task of combing thousands of square kilometers of empty desert without value being vastly different, and they still did it in large areas last year. The best ISIS can muster here are tiny raids, they hold nothing of value. - Syrian army side

Like I said the situation is not comparable.

<45><45><45>
Did i say the situation was comparable?
Just remember 2 guys saying the SAA would stomp everything with ease
"but but the Syrian side is much harder"
There is a reason why for the last couple of years ISIS has at times managed to conquer back towns/bases from the SAA, and its not because they are such a great fighting force

It's like our military and the taliban.

That shitty map would be the same as showing map saying the entire Sunni areas of Iraq not being under US control during the Iraq occupation.

The SAA would have the entire Isis excuse our military uses to stay taken care of

There is a reason why for the last couple of years ISIS has at times managed to conquer back towns/bases from the SAA, and its not because they are such a great fighting force

Since the Russian intervention the SAA has beaten the rebels and ISIS in every major engagement. Clearing out entrenched rebels in the sprawling urban suburbs of Aleppo and Damascus, major campaigns rooting out the rebels in the plains of Anadan and the south, kicking the rebels out of the mountains of Lattakia and fighting ISIS tooth and nail in countless villages and cities in eastern Homs and Hama and the deserts. Do I think they are an unstoppable fighting force? No I don't. But holding literal empty desert as an example of the Syrian armys prowess is pointless. Like you just did.

Obviously there are more at play than just fighting power here, given how small and concentrated the area ISIS still holds along the Euprathes is. Do you concede this?

They are much better than the Kurds at fighting Isis. Better than anyone in Syria. The Kurds had the US obliterate raqqa to conquer it. Our pilots kill innocent civilians by the tens of thousands. Their suicide rate is high.

And yes, Isis does come out of their deep desert hideouts for a raid. But they will never HOLD that territory and never do. Quite like the taliban

It's like our military and the taliban.

That shitty map would be the same as showing map saying the entire Sunni areas of Iraq not being under US control during the Iraq occupation.

The SAA would have the entire Isis excuse our military uses to stay taken care of
Yeah i don't care about statements i didn't make or care to defend (or criticize) any US military action.
Just not a fanof people spewing bullshit statements about the SAA wiping everything of worth out within 3 weeks, especially if they already have had a history of holding onto their gains

Obviously there are more at play than just fighting power here, given how small and concentrated the area ISIS still holds along the Euprathes is. Do you concede this?
Ofcourse.
There are a fuckton of reasons and shady interests at play there

Well Trump said he was pulling troops out, which received support from the grass-roots, but now the government says there is no timeline for withdrawal. Looks like Trump had to back down due to internal pressure. Mattis resigned because of Trump's original demand.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-says-no-timeline-syria-withdrawal-fighting-continues-034025161.html

-
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States has no timeline to withdraw troops from Syria but does not plan to stay indefinitely, a senior State Department official said on Friday, a strong signal that forces could stay until the fight against Islamic State militants ends.

U.S.-backed forces are still retaking territory from Islamic State in Syria, Pentagon officials said on Friday, two weeks after Washington said it would withdraw its roughly 2,000 troops there. At the time, President Donald Trump said the troops had succeeded in their mission and were no longer needed there.

The administration's abrupt announcement last month, which took officials in Washington and allies by surprise, contributed to Jim Mattis' decision to resign as U.S. defense secretary and prompted concern that Islamic State could stage a comeback.
-

Yep, I've been tracking this.

Should have known better than to give Trump any credit for this, before it was proven we had withdrawn those troops.

Mr. Art of the deal, is showing once again that he views his supporters as rubes, who are too dumb to know they have been lied to

Has anyone ever considered that Mattis was removed not for opposing leaving Syria, but for opposing an invasion of Iran?

The Russians, the SAA , Shiite militias and help from the Kurds and Iraqis can clear ISIS. Ofcourse US help is also valuable but I suspect the US establishment is overselling the need to be there to destroy ISIS is just an excuse to keep US troops there.

Hey, if keeping US troops there means Turkey can't slaughter the Kurds then I am all for it.

The Russians, the SAA , Shiite militias and help from the Kurds and Iraqis can clear ISIS. Ofcourse US help is also valuable but I suspect the US establishment is overselling the need to be there to destroy ISIS is just an excuse to keep US troops there.

Hey, if keeping US troops there means Turkey can't slaughter the Kurds then I am all for it.

No need for that. Syrian troops massed at the border with Turkey as soon as the US withdrawal was announced.

The monster Assad see's the Syrian Kurds, as Syrians. He can go from monster to savoir now.

Back