US Freestyle team looking good

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by skey91***, Jul 16, 2010.

1. skey91***

skey91*** Banned Banned

THis was a very tought tournament with some very good and promising results.

A little dissapointed with Sigman and Bergman.

Im wondering if the US would be better off adopting the Russian system of just sending who ever they think will do best to Worlds.

U.S. wins six freestyle medals at Heydar Aliyev Golden Grand Prix Finals | TheMat.com - USA Wrestling

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. Galahad

Galahad Orange Belt

Skey, how do you think Metcalf's transition to international wrestling is going?

3. fourfif**

fourfif** Banned Banned

pretty damn good it looks like.

and WAR ANGEL !!!!!! wooooh! BEAT A WORLD CHAMP, they sky's the limit.....!

4. skey91***

skey91*** Banned Banned

I agree with fourfif.

That was a very tough tournament and he had a very good showing. I don't know if a World Medal will be in the cards for him this summer but he has a bright future.

Metcalf just has the right mentality. He doesn't want to be the best he HAS to be the best.

He is also a strong hand fighter which is very important on the international scene.

My only worry this year for him is that Frayer was able to get exposure points on him and he wasn't used to defending against that in college.

I haven't seen the matches from this tournament so I'm not really sure if he was defending against that or not.

And to Fourfif, Angel shocked the hell out of me with his showing. I thought we were weak at that weight but that was very encouraging.

Zeke Jones is doing a hell of a job.